The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What's the advantage of Hydron over Helene?

bl1te

Il y a 1 heure, taiiat a dit :

Saturn Grineer Asteroid Base Defense is an even more cruise control version of Sedna Grineer Galleon Defense.

Which doesn't exist anymore since SotR, turning Helene into a Galleon tileset like Hydron. (Similar to what happened to the Mercury Defence mission, which is now an Infested Asteroid Defence)

There isn't a single Grineer Asteroid Defence in the game anymore, unless it's a limited time variation (Alert, Invasion, maybe Sortie, etc.).

Pretty sad imho. I liked the wide area, great visibility and everything. Spent so much time on the old Helene that I had over 500 Orokin Cells before SotR. *sigh* Now every Grineer Defence except on Ceres is in a medium-small area with many small parts and many obstacles (including Earth/Mars Defences).

39 minutes ago, spirit_of_76 said:

you are wrong but the difference is small as scales with a square root. see the equation form the wiki 
 Affinity = Enemy Base Affinity × (1 + 0.1425 × Enemy Level0.5)
link to source
https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Affinity

Lots of maths become more complicated thru years, doesn’t change my opinion on lvl because, according to Wiki, in lvl 100 you can met 2 and more Napalms per wave while in lvl 3 none.

Edited by (PS4)Onder6099

6 minutes ago, (PS4)Onder6099 said:

Lots of maths become more complicated thru years, doesn’t change my opinion on lvl because, according to Wiki, in lvl 100 you can met 2 and more Napalms per wave while in lvl 3 none.

hellen and hydron have a 10-15  lv difference and for the most part Identical spawns.  as I stated the difrence in level does not equate to much-making Hellen the better leveling spot for most frames and people.  

2 hours ago, stormy505 said:

it really just comes down to:

A) do you want orokin cells

B) do you want axi relics

ESO is a better leveling place but you need a level thirty frame. 

Actually...ESO sucks too.   The best choice is a sleep-quinoix partner and you bring a one shot wepaon that is silent.   On Adaro...you can be done in sub 5 minutes to level a frame to 30.

It doesn't matter which one gives you more Affinity at Wave 5... because you're never going to fully level any weapon in 5 waves....

In my experience staying 15 Waves on Hydron is guaranteed to level one single weapon from 0 to 30... granted for this to happen you must never resort to your Frame's panick button when things get rough or revive others using your Operator. Hence if you're going to go this rout then I would suggest a damage buffer like Chroma to help with Cobsistency.

I've never had this gappen on Helene.... I have to stay longer there.

In any case it doesn't matter... literally nobody ever goes past wave 10....

Also what Zilchy said is true.... Except I would use survival instead if Interception because Intercrption can easily split players beyond each other's affinity range.

In any case im where I want to be with my MR so I won't be doing any of this crap anymore.

9 hours ago, Blade_Wolf_16 said:

Which doesn't exist anymore since SotR, turning Helene into a Galleon tileset like Hydron.

oh. shows how often i play(ed) most Defenses, with them being mostly standing around waiting.

in that case, Saturn can do people better if the Equipment they're leveling has trouble Killing the Lv40 Enemies.

8 hours ago, Chappie1975 said:

Actually...ESO sucks too.

Elite Onslaught doesn't suck, it just has high Skill requirements from the Players. just like how Stealth Exterminate has the highest Skill requirements of any XP gain method.
Stealth Exterminate is definitely the best, but it's also the "hardest" for randoms to do.

12 hours ago, 8ubb13 said:

I always see people mentioning Hydron when speaking about MR. But what I've tested is that Hydron gave me less MR points than Helene did.

In 5 waves I've earned maybe ~21000 points playing in Saturn, Helene versus ~18000 in Sedna, Hydron. All time was with constant Affinity Share.

Did I something wrong or I don't know. But why Hydron when Helene exists?

UPD: Both are 'Defense' missions.

(sorry, English not native)

The largest difference... I find it harder to get descent pubs in helene vs hydron. Otherwise, helene is better.

There was a point where I chose Helene over Hydron because many people were extracting at wave 5 and at the same time i needed orokin cells.

Now it's the opposite, Helene wave 5 extraction is becoming too common and Hydron peeps gathered enough balls to go beyond wave 5.