Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nova's Neutron Star augment is still obsolete and redundant in a bad way.

Alexis_Walker

Literally nobody cares about the damage it deals. The only reason anyone ever used Neutron Star was so they could instantly recast the ability back up to full instead of waiting for it to completely run out, and since Molecular Fission augment does that better, there's no reason to use Neutron Star at all. I think Neutron star should get a total rework to provide something like an extra layer of resistance buff instead of what it currently has.

4 hours ago, RushBCyka said:

It's still got niche uses, since it's cheaper to cast than using the molecular prime augment and the effect is instant, so it's better suited for missions when you constantly have to be on the move.

It also doesn't need to be maxed to get the best part of its utility, saving a bit of capacity.  Not a big advantage, and -definitely- not the sign of a healthy, perfectly designed mod...but it's an advantage.

And it doesn't rely on kills, if you're into the whole peaceful superchill non-murdering thing.

Personally, as powerful as it is, I wish Null Star itself would be rebalanced and redesigned.  Probably with some sort of replenishment built in, and potentially modeled after either augment.  Both augments would need radical changes too if that were to happen, but I really think the ability is closer to the actual problem.

• 4 weeks later...
On 2019-04-10 at 4:28 PM, Don_T_Shoot said:

I get what you are saying, mostly, but you want more than a 95% damage resistance buff?   Explain please.  Because having 18 null stars floating around is more than one could ask for in my opinion.

It's not so much that I want more damage resistance. I just felt like I should provide some sort of potential example for something else it could do instead of what it currently does now.

Here's an idea of how to rework the augment. Have it instead prime enemies hit with it like her ult and if it dies you get that charge back, as well as making it recastable potentially just incase you want to do that as well. Plenty of ways to improve this awful augment and this would be a side grade to the better one for her ult, instead of a genuinely worse augment if you think hard enough. Also this would act as a sort of defensive augment even more so because you would have enemies who get close be slowed and protect Nova even more so.