[DE]Danielle

PSN Online ID Change and Warframe: Clan member ID update

Sony launched the online ID change feature on PSN today!

You may have seen mention of Warframe listed as one of the games currently experiencing issues with the feature. To clarify, there is currently only 1 minor issue related to the feature: After a change of ID, the Online ID from before the change is displayed for Clan members. 

This is only temporary, as the Online ID will be updated once the Clan member logs into Warframe.

If you have any questions regarding online ID changes please refer to the FAQ posted by Sony: https://blog.us.playstation.com/2019/04/10/online-id-change-on-psn-your-questions-answered/

Thank you :lotus:

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, (PS4)xtharbadx said:

Link is broken. Remove the dash at the end to make it work.

Thanks! 

• Applause 2
  • Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, [DE]Danielle said:

Thanks! 

You updated the display text, but the link still has the hardcoded dash, hence still broken!

41 minutes ago, (PS4)BolinhoDeChuva12 said:

So, if I change the ID, will not I lose anything in the warframe?

Changing your PSN ID will not reset or cause a loss to your Warframe progress or account data. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3

It's funny I hear about this the first time here 😃

I was thinking about so much what name would I choose now... And now I won't be able to sleep 😁

Thank you for the info!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, (PS4)SpeedyFreakz said:

if change my id I can lost my plats i have? 

Sony did mention the "potential loss of premium currency" so I'm wondering the same thing. =/

6 minutes ago, (PS4)Brenden751 said:

Sony did mention the "potential loss of premium currency" so I'm wondering the same thing. =/

I wait then...is better! I do not trust them! 

I just changed (was jaegerbombtastic).

I have all my plat, I can login, I have all my settings and faves. Just traded fine so so far no issues.

Edit: lol forums hasn’t caught up yet.

Edited by (PS4)jaegerbombtastic
  • Applause 1

17 minutes ago, (PS4)jaegerbombtastic said:

I just changed (was jaegerbombtastic).

I have all my plat, I can login, I have all my settings and faves. Just traded fine so so far no issues.

Edit: lol forums hasn’t caught up yet.

Did it all go well I’m debating whether to do mine but scared lol

1 hour ago, (PS4)queenbee990 said:

Did it all go well I’m debating whether to do mine but scared lol

It did! I don’t really have any other games aside from Minecraft, so I didn’t have to worry about older games.

Ran a few missions, traded and sold some stuff- everything is fine! I was able to login immediately with no issues, and my twitch account is still linked.

Honestly, I'm always torn when it comes to changing usernames. I have no need or desire to change mine, but when friends change theirs, it very difficult to know who is who. If Sony made it so that it showed users' previous usernames on their profiles, that would make it a lot easier to figure out. For example, changing from 'MrHallows' to 'ThatOneDude' would display 'ThatOneDude (MrHallows)'.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, (PS4)Brenden751 said:

On Sony's website they wrote that in case of games with "critical issues" you may lose in-game currency. However, Warframe is not on that list, it classifies as a game with "issues identified". This means that...

1) The game may not register the ID change instantly, so you'll have your old ID displayed for a time.

2) You may have to link your account again (without data loss).

3) Certain game settings can reset to default.

Source:

https://www.playstation.com/hu-hu/get-help/help-library/my-account/access-and-details/change-online-id-games/

I just changed mine. No issues, ran a normal mission. Everything checks out, no issues at all. 🙂

I was actually so worried about doing this but I honestly thank you for this thread! 

Of course, now the forums has to catch up with the name change. 

Either way, 🙂 

28 minutes ago, (PS4)The_WolvGambit said:

Of course, now the forums has to catch up with the name change.

I was thinking about this was well, maybe we should create a thread for old and new IDs, so people notice if someone they know changed their name.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Viveeeh said:

I was thinking about this was well, maybe we should create a thread for old and new IDs, so people notice if someone they know changed their name.

The idea definitely has merit.

I'm guessing this means warframe.market accounts need to be remade?

Edit:  never mind!  For anyone wondering, just reverify.

Edited by (PS4)BenHeisennberg
Edit

8 hours ago, (PS4)MrHallows said:

Honestly, I'm always torn when it comes to changing usernames. I have no need or desire to change mine, but when friends change theirs, it very difficult to know who is who. If Sony made it so that it showed users' previous usernames on their profiles, that would make it a lot easier to figure out. For example, changing from 'MrHallows' to 'ThatOneDude' would display 'ThatOneDude (MrHallows)'.

Yeah I just changed mine (Snakeboy1990) and there is an option so for the next 30 days your friends will see both names.

• Upvote 2

Already changed mine, finally! Working neatly, forums updated according to psn name. Everything working out and I'm super happy!