Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Plains of Eidolon Remaster: Update 24.7.0 + 24.7.0.1

[DE]Megan

2 hours ago, Voltage said:

Thank you for the update.

I love the Plains of Eidolon: Remastered in terms of visual changes, but the addition of Tusk Thumpers alongside the removal of Exodia/Magus/Virtuous Arcane crafting is questionable. Hopefully we get some new blueprints such as Ephemera or maybe primary weapon Zaw parts to give use for these insane resource drops. Orb Vallis could use this as well to give practical uses for the resources that drop from the Exploiter Orb. It seems backwards that Tusk Thumpers are the best way to fish/mine in Plains of Eidolon. The Exploiter Orb can be argued since it takes 10-15 minutes to kill, but the Tusk Thumper can be destroyed in under a minute if you are fast to find the spawn.

Not to mention... What kind of dreadful fate did those fishes came to for being dropped by a Thumper? I can understand minerals and ores... but fishes?!?

LIMBO LIMINA skin is bugged my primary and secondary energy colors for my limbo is purple and black respectively, but the sentient energy patterns are cyan teal color i wish i had a screen shot to show but I don't know how to post screenshots on the forums

4 minutes ago, PapaShrooby said:

Pilfering Blessing

Pilfering World On Fire.

At least then Ember won't be completely useless.

Also, Iradite Formations on PoE are miscoloured since this update.  Instead of the normal red-orange colour they're meant to have, they now have a green-yellow colour.  Guessing this is yet another bug for secondary energy colours.

B41B6466E66B5D33561C62EC0C54C7A9B113B7FF

Hi DE, thanks for the update, loved the Atlas Deluxe. Still didn't had chance to see the rest of it, jsut logged in, but i found a little bug: when the secondary color is not "in use" the energy colors on the helmets become white, or in some cases a very light tone of the primary color

Other ideas for a good Garuda Dread Mirror augments:

Garuda's Dread Mirror will now cover a 180 degree area, but will no longer obstruct enemies from passing through it.

Garuda will gain overshields to the amount of energy used to fire Dread Mirror's blood heart (obviously limited to double her normal like normal overshields)

Any enemies that survive Garuda's Dread Mirror blood heart will gain her bleed mark (like her 4), making them vulnerable to bleed procs.

Firing Dread Mirror's blood heart will split it in to 3 projectiles that retain only 50% of it's damage each.

These are all significantly better options than the useless one we were given.

About the new drop from the Wolf :

Révélation

The mask look cool, but when we choose to open the hood, it would be nice if we can have it on the top of the head rather to make it completely disappear (as for other helmets that have two visuals). In addition, in the new cutscene of the Wolf, this mask is also on the top of his head.

The changes on the Secondary Energy with this update has too many bugs and inconsistencies, sometimes looking downright abysmal for customization. Please check this topic for more info, along with clear descriptions and images to showcase the issues some of us have with the changes.

limbo (as seen on my limbo prime with the deluxe skin on) has no secondary energy available at all atm and his dangly bits are not the energy colour used on the single one available, but default instead
please fix this

unZIZ68.jpg

Wow that Atlas skin is a trip. 

The rock and crystal are salvageable, even if hard to use with literally anything else in this game. You can set up a nice cosplay as the one Argon crystal that'll never leave you. That's nice.

But the metal bits: helmet and the ribbons and the little cages around the floaty metal balls, might be the worst graphics I've ever seen in this game. They honestly look like something copy-pasted out of The Forest or some other indie-esque game that's nowhere near Warframe's visual league. It's even worse than the Volt proto. 

Now this isn't just me slinging dirt, it's me having an involuntary reaction to something that genuinely doesn't belong in this game from a visual design standpoint. For it to meet standards, those metal bits need a lot of polish: 

- Actual, articulated mounting points on how it's secured to the rock. The materials looking like an actual sheet or whatever of metal fitted into there, not some abstract arbitrary polygon tacked on by the power of the modeling tool. 

- Consistent polygons and styling. Even on a design that's intentionally asymmetrical, there are repeating themes that unify it to the eyes in some way. You guys have done this plenty of times before, you know exactly what I'm talking about. 

- Consistent and complimentary planes and textures. The wavy damascus-like texture on much of the metallics looks like it was just hastily selected to camouflage otherwise extraordinarily plain and unworked polygons. The front ribbons don't even have a thickness to them - that's so amateur hour it hurts. 

- The fleks of imperfection of the metallic color channel 4 on the upper forearms could use a consistency pass. Is it a thin layer flaking off here and there from wear and age? Or are those spots where that top layer got scraped off by impacts or bullets or something? Put some accompanying scratches there, or dents, breaks, cracks, anything to dress it up to look more convincing. 

- The cages around the floaty metal balls need to either use a different metallic channel than them to offer some visual differentiation, or just not be there at all. They're unnecessary visual clutter that don't actually do anything for the overall image. 

- The ribbons carry obviously-clashing texture planes and it's awful. The entire skin's design concept may have been going for "raw", but this is not the kind of raw you want. They look very obviously underworked, like a literally-last-minute obligatory tack-on because "something dangly" was on the list of boxes that needed to be checked off. They need to go, altogether, or be redone with some proper work. They need polish, depth, trim, mounting points, proper physics, and a proper texture pass. 

Again this isn't me giving the artist flak or singling them out, this is feedback. Some good work obviously went into the stone and crystal geode parts of the skin, but for whatever reason the metal pieces all uniformly look bad like they were rushed. So, DE, if you do all "lift together" or whatever the motto is in the office now, lend this artist a hand. Take care of each other. 

Archived