Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

RIP Hydroid

Strikerays

8 minutes ago, Ham_Grenabe said:

Yeah, it's more like "if you want Amateur Farm Simulator, get Khora. If you want the real thing, ask for a Hydroid." 

and if you want to get the most loot possible, you go Nekros AND Hydroid.

... think that Nekros + Hydroid + Khora will be a thing, if everything stacks?

4 minutes ago, mikakor said:

and if you want to get the most loot possible, you go Nekros AND Hydroid.

... think that Nekros + Hydroid + Khora will be a thing, if everything stacks?

I'm pretty sure there would be an interaction problem between the tentacles and chains.

2 minutes ago, Ham_Grenabe said:

That is a sentence where context really, really matters.

im pretty sure some kinky stuff is going on here, hmmmmmm

but anyway, I dont see my self using her new augment or any of her arguments to be real, builds are already very tight with her and adding more gimmicky stuff is just not worth for me.

DE hates Hydroid and probably most of the community since he's bad at fashion frame and gets no Deluxe skin or hype/attempts for one and they even skipped his trailer.

He is a CC only frame which people generally dislike and only niche was Pilfering, which others can do. It's a shame because his power concepts are my favorite, despite the flaws, plus water is my favorite element. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Wolfdoggie said:

DE hates Hydroid and probably most of the community since he's bad at fashion frame and gets no Deluxe skin or hype/attempts for one and they even skipped his trailer.

He is a CC only frame which people generally dislike and only niche was Pilfering, which others can do. It's a shame because his power concepts are my favorite, despite the flaws, plus water is my favorite element. 

the Fashion thing was true before, but his prime looks great, and even then, it's nothing Tennogen creators can't solve. his rework made him pretty strong, and I love my strength build, stripping enemy armor with Corroding barrage, and with Curative Undertow on him as well I can basically wipe out high level Grineer with ease as long as I have energy, or just CC lock down anyone in my path.

besides, I'd say Khora needs it: she fell out of popularity quite quickly, and I don't see her that often anymore. hopefully it stacks with hydroid and Nekros, then you just need a good DPS to do the killing and boom: optimal farming team!

25 minutes ago, Wolfdoggie said:

I don't know about you but my pirate fashion frame is on point with Hydroid

• Like 2

Very dramatic title. I assume you're referring to Hydroid as a common loot pilferer? Seeing as I don't use him for that, Khora getting something new that will potentially increase her usage won't affect me. Hydroid has far more uses than just meta-game loot drop doubling. In terms of combat, I can take Hydroid on missions like the final mission of Sorties and the highest-level Bounties with no issue. He's especially helpful in Interception missions, since enemies don't get a chance to do anything and if they do manage to hurt me at all, I just melt and run away.

Honestly, just because another 'frame gets more options doesn't mean that an older 'frame is going to just disappear. Ever since his rework I've LOVED using Hydroid. He's a big water boy and I love him.

Hydroid's mod says it's 100%, but they apparently have to be held by his tentacles if the mod description is saying this right. From how I've seen his swarm ability at work, it's really difficult to shoot enemies being flung left and right with his ability. Some not even being held for long before just being dropped on the ground. 100% guaranteed drop doesn't seem to be much good if you aren't guaranteed that the conditions will be met so I can see why this Khora one might be better.

Edited by (NSW)Agent-10

for those ppl who are saying that i dont know how to use hydroid, you can check my profile up.

Hydroid grants 100% extra loot once the enemy is grabbed by the tentacles (you can test it with low and High Str power, low str = less crappy skill, high str = the mob will fly far far awaay)
 the fact: needs to be grabbed, unlike Khora, she only will have to press 4 with high range (we don't know if her mod is affected by str) and there it is.

EDIT: yeah, english is not my mother language

Edited by Strikerays

1 minute ago, jfhsanseiIII said:

If you’re a playing just for the farm then maybe.  Otherwise they’re two completely different frames.  

if i'm not wrong, DE some devstreams ago showed that Hydroid is the second one in being less played in the whole game for every mission type.