Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[DE response inside] Please revert Emissive Texture changes introduced in U24.7.0

NightmareT12

11 hours ago, NightmareT12 said:

Oh my God. The borked/rushed release and broad changes made me judge this all too quickly and act too reckless 😞 I just realized DE gave us in the newest update almost the same tool they use to set up the emissives.

Most people don't know, but DE uses some sliders and sets high and low values. These create a contrasting effect in a "gradient". The clearest example: Very bright blue as Primary (I guess it's the high) and very dark blue as the secondary (which would be the low), gives the energy color Rhino was concepted with:

Yeaa I actually set up 2 orange colors on my Valkyr on her default prime skin its okay but on Tennogen? It is just BLACK. Look up my  screenshot earlier.

Edit: Wth sorry for double post. o.O

Edited by Hategrinder

11 hours ago, NightmareT12 said:

Oh my God. The borked/rushed release and broad changes made me judge this all too quickly and act too reckless 😞 I just realized DE gave us in the newest update almost the same tool they use to set up the emissives.

Most people don't know, but DE uses some sliders and sets high and low values. These create a contrasting effect in a "gradient". The clearest example: Very bright blue as Primary (I guess it's the high) and very dark blue as the secondary (which would be the low), gives the energy color Rhino was concepted with:

Yeaa I actually set up 2 orange colors on my Valkyr on her default prime skin its okay but on Tennogen? It is just BLACK. Look up my  screenshot earlier.

4 hours ago, Hackfield said:

I wish everyone could've seen this before complaining, now my beautiful two-tones Hildryn will be reduced to a one energy colour peasant 😞

IKR? It's driving me crazy because I hate being wrong. And in this case I was wrong x2. Wish I had a clock to tick back in time, but all I can hope now is that DE can keep the same system while being a bit more straightforward. They probably should have changed the terms "Primary" and "Secondary Energy" to something else (source and aura?) too.

Oh well. I can only hope now 🙁

On 2019-04-12 at 4:08 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

Important information as a result of this feedback (lots of merged threads):

Right to the meat - we are reverting the Emissive Energy inheriting Secondary energy as of next Hotfix. The reason we added this was because we read player feedback indicating disappointment 'Secondary Energy' did nothing on the Warframe itself, so we tried to give it meaning. And now the meaning has swung too far the other way!

You can expect a way more in-depth colour customization to come soon - at least we're experimenting with something really wild. We will be working on giving you (Forma using players) even more options - 4 energy customization slots total. Primary and Secondary for the Warframe itself. Primary and Secondary for the Warframe's Abilities and Effects. This means your all-Red Ember could have Blue Fire. Your Green Saryn could have Orange Spores, etc. But - it's in the laboratory. Stay tuned for a Dev Workshop as we work on this. And if you don't use Forma, you won't be forced to. Your Secondary slots would just be the same as Primary, so nothing would force a Forma, etc.

What does this mean for Chroma and Equinox's energy color based forms? Will we get a separate toggle for this so that powers aren't energy color dependent?

EDIT: Looks like they didn't redeploy the old assets. So now I can't recompare the textures themselves and none of the missing and displaced textures were fixed. We really didn't solve anything 🤦‍♂️ Guys for the love of God... 😞 The point of all this was to make it look like in the previous hotfix 100% so we could further the feedback, not take away what people were enjoying just because >_<

Edited by NightmareT12

On 2019-04-12 at 11:08 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

even more options - 4 energy customization slots total

Oi, calm down, Lotus.  Its colorful plenty as is.

No, really.... Customisation might get bothersome.   I got annoyed just by adjusting 2.... Pretty sure that if i pick same color for all 4 slots it will look flat.   

So...you wanna make people spend hours to just get their energy "right"? Not everyone enjoys this process you know.   

On 2019-04-12 at 9:08 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

Primary and Secondary for the Warframe's Abilities and Effects. This means your all-Red Ember could have Blue Fire. Your Green Saryn could have Orange Spores, etc.

So.... this would be EXACTLY as it is now?

For one, we can't view our Warframe Ability effects when in the arsenal, so it requires us to either use the Simulacrum, Captura or constantly go in and out of Missions to see if the colour combinations are what we like. Very bad.
Secondly, we already can have all red embers or full green saryns with Blue fire or Orange spores.... we just make the energy colour that. The only difference it'll have in the majority of cases is change a few lights on the WF, of which, can barely be seen most of the time because everything in the game is too goddamn bright in comparison to how the game used to look in some missions and environments.

On 2019-04-15 at 12:41 PM, Hackfield said:

I wish everyone could've seen this before complaining, now my beautiful two-tones Hildryn will be reduced to a one energy colour peasant 😞

Not.... quite sure how that's Two-tone. The 2 colours are so incredibly similar it's nearly impossible to differentiate them

1 minute ago, Stormandreas said:

already can have all red embers or full green saryns with Blue fire or Orange spores.... we just make the energy colour that.

No, she means you can have a red energy ember emitting blue flames. Last time I logged in I'm sure I wasn't able to do that! 👀

On 2019-04-12 at 3:08 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

Right to the meat - we are reverting the Emissive Energy inheriting Secondary energy as of next Hotfix. The reason we added this was because we read player feedback indicating disappointment 'Secondary Energy' did nothing on the Warframe itself, so we tried to give it meaning. And now the meaning has swung too far the other way!

You can expect a way more in-depth colour customization to come soon - at least we're experimenting with something really wild. We will be working on giving you (Forma using players) even more options - 4 energy customization slots total. Primary and Secondary for the Warframe itself. Primary and Secondary for the Warframe's Abilities and Effects. This means your all-Red Ember could have Blue Fire. Your Green Saryn could have Orange Spores, etc. But - it's in the laboratory. Stay tuned for a Dev Workshop as we work on this. And if you don't use Forma, you won't be forced to. Your Secondary slots would just be the same as Primary, so nothing would force a Forma, etc.

So when/if the 4 energy color concept drops, the dual energy on the Warframe's emissives will return, just with the option to set them both to more or less the same color if the player really wants the single tone? Really hoping so bc taking away dual energy murdered a lot of my fashions with more exotic emissives, like anything Mithra. =/

• Like 1

On 2019-04-12 at 1:08 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

Finally! Many Octavia players could greatly appreciate energy color being separated from actual ability color. Ever since I got Octavia, I could not stand the visual noise flashiness of her #3 ability. Some people like me had to set energy color to either the darkest red or darkest smoke color to not hurt our eyes, which limited the fashion frame choices for Octavia.

This is unbelievably reckless, what a slap in the face to all of us who have actually taken the time to figure out creative ways to take advantage of the new system.

Figure out exactly what you want to do and just stick to it.

Edited by Mukarak
  • Like 1

Can we have a toggle or something to allow us to use either method of color blending/two color?

I preferred it before the revert, allowing really amazing color effects when blending two colors or if you wanted one solid color just using the same color in each slot.

Reverting it back utterly wrecked my nidus's look among others.

This is before the revert, the two colors (teal and violet) swirl in all of the polyps and look _amazing_

Afterwards the secondary color just vanishes totally, it's just the primary everywhere and is boring visually.

H03fhwu.jpg

1v5oNhU.jpgkUB5tQX.jpg

Edited by Partran
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Partran said:

Can we have a toggle or something to allow us to use either method of color blending/two color?

I preferred it before the revert, allowing really amazing color effects when blending two colors or if you wanted one solid color just using the same color in each slot.

Reverting it back utterly wrecked my nidus's look among others.

This is before the revert, the two colors (teal and violet) swirl in all of the polyps and look _amazing_

Afterwards the secondary color just vanishes totally, it's just the primary everywhere and is boring visually.

The system isn't working how they'd like it to.. It's not a terrible idea to revert a change many were unhappy about so that you can fix it

On 2019-04-12 at 5:08 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

While we're at it, can you please ask Devs to let Rhino's Roar inherit our Energy color choices? It's by now one of the few ones, if not the only one, in the entire game, that still don't.

Please and thank you

Great, now I have to set the energy config from the perfect combo I had, which worked wonders, to the orangy thingy I had before...

... DE, make Ephemeras inherit the Attachments Energy setting already so I can actually use my Ephemera without burning my eyes with Orange.

NOOOOO now my chroma cant have red energy lighting while still using ice elemental effects. I hated how an important part of Chroma's kit was restricting my fashionframe and we finally had a solution to the problem only for it to be taken away 😧

• Like 1

TENNOGEN SKINS...specifically, the Valkyr Delusion Skin, still has no energy effects what so ever. every part of the skin that should glow with energy color is black.

C'mon DE...I guess i'll play something else for another week, while you folks get it together :/