Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tatsu nerf?

Architech

Ok, so, i was using Tatsu with following build: Prime pressure point, Primed reach, Primed fury, Condition overload and four 60/60 mods for radiation and viral and that build was working insanely good! Once combo multiplier gets to x2, Tatsu was shreding anything thrown at it for ~80-120k yellow hits. 155 heavy gunners, Nox-es etc... Gone in just one, maybe two hits. Haven't used that weapon in a week or so, was experimenting with Wolfs sledgehammer and when i tried Tatsu again, few hours ago, i realized the damage that weapon made is more than halved. Now it takes around 3-4 seconds to kill a 155 heavy gunner and over 10 seconds for a 155 Nox. There are no more those yellow 80-120k hits, instead there are multiple yellow 2-3k numbers with rare ~20k number per hit. Browsed screen shots i had of old Tatsu, numbers are exactly the same as they are now but still weapon heavy underperforms. No info on wiki about changes neither... What am i missing here? What is making this weapon under-perform this badly? 

Is it possible this weapon was bugged before and those numbers i had were actually a "placeholders" for current effect this weapon got when we're slide critting? Yet again, there's no info about any "bug fix" with Tatsu... I'm losing my mind over here. 

4 hours ago, (PS4)Mono-Pop said:

The Tatsu is an MR7 weapon. No amount of mods could ever make it one hit a level 155 Nox.

It just simply doesn’t have the stats for it.

it doesn't need the stats.. it's forged from GRORIOUS NIPPON STEEL FOLEDED A BIRRION TIMES AND IMBUED WITH THE SPIRITS OF YOUR MOST HONORABRU ANCESTUUUURS!!

anyway, let's be real: people are still buying the Tatsu with Plat, DE aren't going to nerf a weapon while it's making them money..

5 hours ago, (PS4)Mono-Pop said:

The Tatsu is an MR7 weapon. No amount of mods could ever make it one hit a level 155 Nox.

It just simply doesn’t have the stats for it.

Man, i am not crazy. With that build, Tatsu was a beast! Showed the build to some friends and they were amazed as well. This is why i made this thread here, i want to know what happened with my sleeping beast 😕

PS: No dragon key equipped. 😕

2 hours ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

it doesn't need the stats.. it's forged from GRORIOUS NIPPON STEEL FOLEDED A BIRRION TIMES AND IMBUED WITH THE SPIRITS OF YOUR MOST HONORABRU ANCESTUUUURS!!

anyway, let's be real: people are still buying the Tatsu with Plat, DE aren't going to nerf a weapon while it's making them money..

mITKTFA.gif

1 minute ago, Drachnyn said:

Did you test it on paused enemies in the simulacrum whenever you first tried it out? Do you have a dragon key equipped right now?

Its damage was pretty much the same on both, paused and unpaused enemies. I liked Tatsu because it was only effective way to deal with high level Noxes, since they're the toughest ones around. Same was with high level Stalkers, Zanukas, G3's, Wolf etc... it was shredding them like they're made from paper. 

And yes, i double checked the keys. No keys equipped.

1 hour ago, Architech said:

Its damage was pretty much the same on both, paused and unpaused enemies. I liked Tatsu because it was only effective way to deal with high level Noxes, since they're the toughest ones around. Same was with high level Stalkers, Zanukas, G3's, Wolf etc... it was shredding them like they're made from paper. 

False

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Kaotyke said:

mITKTFA.gif

I saw a video about the nippon steel and Katanas.  It said that the reason for folding the steel was to introduce carbon into the metal to strengthen it into much better carbon steel.  It also stated that too much folding of the steel would lessen the amount of carbon.  So folding over 400 times mark would worsen the resulting blade.  

Basically if you already start with good steel, then there isn't a need to ever fold it.  😄 Just thought I'd give this info for those who might be in the market for katanas in the future so you don't get suckered with marketing hype like "Stainless Steel folded 300 times".  

Actually they can nerf an item after sold a good amount of it that called bait and switch. In this case probably the op equiped that dragon key which makes him low.

Don't forget to check your gear before you are going to play.

29 minutes ago, Tunderke said:

Actually they can nerf an item after sold a good amount of it that called bait and switch. In this case probably the op equiped that dragon key which makes him low.

Don't forget to check your gear before you are going to play.

OP said he has no dragon key equipped 10 times already.

Please read before commenting.

3 hours ago, Architech said:

Then you've probably had a bugged out Tatsu because given its stats, none of that is an actual possibility.

3 hours ago, DatDarkOne said:

I saw a video about the nippon steel and Katanas.  It said that the reason for folding the steel was to introduce carbon into the metal to strengthen it into much better carbon steel.  It also stated that too much folding of the steel would lessen the amount of carbon.  So folding over 400 times mark would worsen the resulting blade.  

Basically if you already start with good steel, then there isn't a need to ever fold it.  😄 Just thought I'd give this info for those who might be in the market for katanas in the future so you don't get suckered with marketing hype like "Stainless Steel folded 300 times".  

Basically the Japanese had to fold their steel so much because they start with such low quality river iron, it's also one of the reason they never relied on iron nails to build their houses.