Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thermia Event Return issues and observations

Elyi

This is only to point out some things I noticed while trying out the revamped thermia event with a friend.

First lets start by how I did thermia fractures the first time they came out.

Usually in a group of 2 or more people 1 would remain watching the canister while the 2nd person would fly and find a different fracture to instantly travel there once the first fracture was sealed.

I tried this method again with the return of the event, It took 17.26 minutes to seal all 4 fractures 50% or more of that time was flying around aimlessly looking for the next fracture to seal. The fractures spawn rate and/or number are severely decreased, I'm not sure if this is a bug or if this is some artificial arbitrary setting that DE set to make their new system for canisters more appealing, either way it was absolutely awful and gross to fly for 3 minutes looking for a fracture to spawn, when previously it would take less than 20 seconds to find the next fracture saving time (imagine if we didn't have itzal 👌).

Regarding their new system of stacking canisters up to 4 times for a reduced time: It took 6 minutes to seal a fracture that had 4 canisters stacked, this is definitely better than 17 minutes and this is what makes me think that the fracture spawn is a bug rather than a feature (or so i hope) because it takes 3.20 ish minutes to seal a single fracture that is not stacked, so stacking 4 is already more appealing without the need to artificially duckling us over.
Regarding the difficulty ramp when stacking canisters: It was fun overall, I personally like the rad proc which makes you more aware using nuke frames and the nullifier bubble, eximus units and the new spiders are cool too, however nothing of this made it particularly harder to complete which depending on who you ask it might be something good or bad. If DE wanted to make it really difficult it certainly didn't feel so at all but it was nice having some other input going on. 

TL;DR. Fracture spawn is bugged/intentionally ducked, stacking canisters is faster and more interactive (not by much)

Edited by Ely.I
  • Like 1

Can confirm everything written above.

Fractures currently have an abysmal spawn rate. We managed to take a canister to 50% and then spent literally 8 minutes flying around the map looking for another fracture. Which never appeared. I ended up yeeting the canister into the lake and extracting because I was tired of waiting for some bullS#&$ spawn that just wasn't happening.

The new "difficult" mode is no harder than the regular mode but there are some new enemies to scan, so that's nice. 

It definitely feels better being able to fully charge a canister in a single fracture if you do some extra work (carrying the 4 canisters over), but being pigeonholed into doing it that way while the illusion of choice still exists is infuriating.

If these spawns are bugged, that's great, once they're fixed the new system is absolutely an improvement. If it's working as intended, it's terrible game design.

The Thermia reward rate feels similarly abysmal. It was almost passable on a resource weekend but when left to stand on its own it's clearly unbalanced.

There's also a visual bug that says you're earning between 100 and 400 points per fracture, but you're actually only receiving 7 towards your required 100 for the Opticor.

Edited by Voidforged
new information
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Sajochi said:

Most likely a bug. Seriously, why do people always resort to the "pulling wool over our eyes"? Why can't people just do a simple bug report?

"Why do people always resort to commenting right away? Why can't people just simply read the whole post first."

18 hours ago, Ely.I said:

this is what makes me think that the fracture spawn is a bug rather than a feature (or so i hope) because it takes 3.20 ish minutes to seal a single fracture that is not stacked, so stacking 4 is already more appealing without the need to artificially duckling us over.

TL;DR. Fracture spawn is bugged/intentionally ducked, stacking canisters is faster and more interactive (not by much)

Edited by Ely.I

56 minutes ago, Ely.I said:

Oh I'm sorry OP, guess this means nothing then. Because it sure as hell looks like you're implying this is intentional. 

had nothing but bugs this time over, completed fractures visually remain but are not useable, no audio queues, so you have to remember where you have been previously, i have had numerous bugs occur when dismounting a kdrive, a few times i got stuck in a crouch animation, could still "sprint", revive/etc but was stuck crouched, another time my frame totally disappeared and i became the kdrive, mobs would not attack me, couldnt dismount, /unstuck did nothing, my zenith weapon also kept getting stuck in semi-auto instead of going back to auto (didnt try other toggle weapons), there has been various other weird glitches like that nearly all the way through.