The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightwave: Doing the "10 Nightmare Missions" challenge is torture

Xaxma

9 hours ago, (PS4)Tomplexthis said:

10 nightmare missions is easy, once you've unlocked every node.

you know what's really hard

The "Complete this with a "friend"" challenges... what is this, what is friend?

=[

T T

yeah i hate those challenges. Really got shafted for not playing with clan mates or friends. complete bs.

The only limitation that I have seen from nightwave is no shield mode and it only locks out hildryn.  Otherwise, any frame can do any of the challenges.

It sort of takes time, but it is still ten missions you can do.  Everyone can do ten missions in a week, they just have to do slightly tougher missions.

It isn't a mission that will possible fail due to a glitch or mistake at 59 minutes.  It isn't a mission that is unapproachable by half of the players.  It isn't a mission that is too easy for the other half of the players to care about.

There should be better options, but nightmare missions are not a real problem compared to some of the other offers they have put up there.  The missions that people do or do not like differ depending on the playstyle of each player, but I do not understand how anyone can truly have a problem with nightmare missions.

3 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Uh... Yeah? Many people will do normal missions on a daily basis. Many will do farming runs, or levelling runs, or time in the sanctuary, or farming Eidolons or pigments, or simaris targets, or nightmare mods... People do these things. 

But then.... We're not the ones who claim that claim that ESO is tedious, and then claim that everything but ESO is tedious just 3 minutes later😂

But seriously, if you actively dislike the vast majority of the game, then you probably won't like a system that tries to encourage you to actually play the game. 

it's funny that you don't understanding anything, i won't explain you cuz it's just waste of time... maybe read the thread, or all of my post?

Farming runs? i think you meant to say relic farming? (because obviously other things are not a "normal missions") basically not efficient, there is dedicated missions for axi/neo farming but meso/lith could be better to farm on ESO.(I'm sure those good missions won't be nightmare mission for 95% of times, though)

Levelling runs, well, there is almost no reason to farm affinities in normal missions... unless you are solo, or restricted to join ESO, or someone who don't care about efficiency...

Sanctuary/Eidolon/Pigment/Simaris target is NOT normal missions, those things are unique grind that you do for specific goal (mostly), but not the normal rewards that you get from usual mission reward pool (those grind can be good plat farming as well).

And the nightmare missions... it's a bit augmented normal missions, and almost everyone has needed nightmare mods at some point(maybe ~600 hours? dunno) because of accessibility, low difficulty, and the fact that it's not that time consuming in actually , well, only when compared to other unique grind that you have to do few hours of farming to get one thing.

Actually nightmare missions are counted as unique grind, but thanks to their difficulty i did it enough times, and i suppose others did too, and again thanks to their difficulty, nightmare mods doesn't really sell well, so newbies could get benefit from this, others are not much. 

Btw "normal missions" means 80% of starchart that is not hieracon/xini/hydron/taveuni and such, just one good node can't be nightmare missions most of times (and even if it did, there is almost no reason to do nightmare variant since "normal" reward doesn't seems to change)

2 hours ago, Test-995 said:

Farming runs? i think you meant to say relic farming? (because obviously other things are not a "normal missions") basically not efficient, there is dedicated missions for axi/neo farming but meso/lith could be better to farm on ESO.(I'm sure those good missions won't be nightmare mission for 95% of times, though)

Nope. We farm lots of other things in this game. We may farm rare mods, materials, credits, lots of things. And there are lots of things that do not come from ESO. 

Levelling runs, well, there is almost no reason to farm affinities in normal missions... unless you are solo, or restricted to join ESO, or someone who don't care about efficiency...

Or maybe want to be even more efficient by budding up with an equinox. But hey if you don't care about efficiency, I guess you can stick with ESO....

Sanctuary/Eidolon/Pigment/Simaris target is NOT normal missions, those things are unique grind that you do for specific goal (mostly), but not the normal rewards that you get from usual mission reward pool (those grind can be good plat farming as well).

Guess we'll need to redefine "normal" then. 

Btw "normal missions" means 80% of starchart that is not hieracon/xini/hydron/taveuni and such, just one good node can't be nightmare missions most of times (and even if it did, there is almost no reason to do nightmare variant since "normal" reward doesn't seems to change)

Ahh there we go. Now, do you think that the goal posts will stay in place this time? Or did you want to try over by the other side? 

58 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Nope. We farm lots of other things in this game. We may farm rare mods, materials, credits, lots of things. And there are lots of things that do not come from ESO. 

Or maybe want to be even more efficient by budding up with an equinox. But hey if you don't care about efficiency, I guess you can stick with ESO....

Guess we'll need to redefine "normal" then. 

Ahh there we go. Now, do you think that the goal posts will stay in place this time? Or did you want to try over by the other side? 

Sure, rare mods, material, both usually came from endless missions that is definitely not a nightmare missions, credit came from index that is also definitely not a nighrmare missions...

both are more of a unique grind that you have to dedicated for just that goal items, nothing to do with random capture/exterminate.

And actually i don't care much about efficiency for levelling, even then ESO is best place to farm affinity in pug imo.

What i said is that this challenge is just time consuming and not rewarding, since i have every nightmare mods i needed , none of those sell well, and all the nightmare missions are rather bad place to farm things, (of course you will get standings)  and so this challenge is also bad, especially with "DO IT 10 TIMES" requirement.

I can't understand last line, though.

5 hours ago, Test-995 said:

Sure, rare mods, material, both usually came from endless missions that is definitely not a nightmare missions, credit came from index that is also definitely not a nighrmare missions...

both are more of a unique grind that you have to dedicated for just that goal items, nothing to do with random capture/exterminate.

Oh that's right, that's definitely where rare mods like bullet dance and cyclone kraken can be found... Wait that's not right at all. You sure that you have been playing warframe? 

And actually i don't care much about efficiency for levelling, even then ESO is best place to farm affinity in pug imo.

Yup that's what I figured. And now that I see the goal posts on that side I figure that you should definitely try to set them up out in the back, because why not? 

What i said is that this challenge is just time consuming and not rewarding, since i have every nightmare mods i needed , none of those sell well, and all the nightmare missions are rather bad place to farm things, (of course you will get standings)  and so this challenge is also bad, especially with "DO IT 10 TIMES" requirement.

You have all you need? Is that the same as having all of them? And the requirement is "do it 10 times in a week". Folks can just wait for the ones they find easy, or fast, or that matches a frame they enjoy. 

I can't understand last line, though.

That's okay. You don't seem to understand how people can actually play and enjoy the other parts of the game, either. 

34 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Oh that's right, that's definitely where rare mods like bullet dance and cyclone kraken can be found... Wait that's not right at all. You sure that you have been playing warframe? 

Yup that's what I figured. And now that I see the goal posts on that side I figure that you should definitely try to set them up out in the back, because why not? 

You have all you need? Is that the same as having all of them? And the requirement is "do it 10 times in a week". Folks can just wait for the ones they find easy, or fast, or that matches a frame they enjoy. 

That's okay. You don't seem to understand how people can actually play and enjoy the other parts of the game, either. 

"Finding all the caches in sabotage" is also definitely not the things to do in nightmare missions, obviously, thought i don't have to list those "unique" things that is not a random starchart node reward.

And i thought most of people don't like being forced to do missions without any real reward except nightwave standings, but well, some people would love it because reasons.

Seems like there is no point in continuing this so i'll stop now.

On 2019-04-11 at 10:04 AM, Test-995 said:

The problem is it's not difficult, just time consuming and not rewarding at all.

On 2019-04-11 at 7:04 PM, Test-995 said:

Well... will you do any normal mission in daily basis?

Normal missions are time consuming... or. basically waste of time.

Yes there is bunch of exceptions.

That sums up the entirety of Nigthwave, really.

• Like 1

"I don't wanna 60 min survival nor do i want to fish or mine neither do i want to hunt a single hydrolyst. GIB ME REWARDS!"

And now doing 10 modified starchart missions within A WEEK is apparently....torture? Not only is this the epitome of hyperbole but also disappointing devs' hope in the community. This is getting absurd. C'mon guys.

This, is torture: unknown.png

Edited by IceColdHawk

"Finding all the caches in sabotage" is also definitely not the things to do in nightmare missions, obviously, thought i don't have to list those "unique" things that is not a random starchart node reward.

And i thought most of people don't like being forced to do missions without any real reward except nightwave standings, but well, some people would love it because reasons.

Seems like there is no point in continuing this so i'll stop now.

On the ceiling? No I don't think that I've ever seen anyone trying to put a goal post there, but that's fine I suppose. 

Let me remind you of what you said:

On 2019-04-11 at 1:04 PM, Test-995 said:

Well... will you do any normal mission in daily basis?

Normal missions are time consuming... or. basically waste of time.

And the answer for the vast majority of people who play warframe, the likely answer is going to be "yes". We also pet our kavats and kubrows when we don't have to. 

Nightmare missions are perhaps a little longer, or a little faster paced, and I think that you can't use ciphers, and for some you are restricted in your abilities. 

Otherwise, no major difference that I can see. 

Now I get if you would say that there's not enough edge when we have to admit that we still need to farm resources or credits or mods, so claiming to only play ESO fulfils the daily edge requirements. 

Nothing wrong with saying that you just don't want to play the game, or only want to play specific parts. But then there's no way to justify demanding the rewards we'd get from playing those other parts.