The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What about solo players?

TioMegaManX

20 minutes ago, lnfine said:

Solo interceptions are the easiest way to do them. The game can only spawn a limited number of enemies per player. If you don't kill them and instead control them in some way (slowva, chaos, noise arrow cheese, repelling bastilie, dangledome, lantern, catastasis), you can pick your nose while the mission plays itself. The enemies even go out of their way and all rush the same point so you can easily group them up and don't need to hunt them all around the map.

Ah, you got my full attention - gonna try to wiki my possibility in control ("slowva, chaos, noise arrow cheese, repelling bastilie, dangledome, lantern, catastasis" is atm only gibberish to me 😂). Right now I can kill things loud an quiet - and both didn't work for obvious reasons.

But this sounds like there is a chance by adapting my strategies. Thanks!

Edited by FritzDreck
For Context

6 minutes ago, FritzDreck said:

Ah, you got my full attention - gonna try to wiki my possibility in control ("slowva, chaos, noise arrow cheese, repelling bastilie, dangledome, lantern, catastasis" is atm only gibberish to me 😂). Right now I can kill things loud an quiet - and both didn't work for obvious reasons.

But this sounds like there is a chance by adapting my strategies. Thanks!

Slowva is Nova built for slow via her 4th ability. 145 power strength allows for maximum possible slow (75% slower). Tank range, max duration (M.Prime has funny mechanics regarding range/duration which makes it benefit much more from duration, and you want negative range and high duration if you want to use your 1 for damage reduction), get okay efficiency and some survivability. Now the enemies take too long to reach points. Especially effective against infested since they don't have ranged attacks, so you cal pretty much walk around the map freely.

Chaos is Nyx ability that makes enemies fight each other. Now they are too busy to cap points. The problem is they sometimes kill each other, and you have to recast chaos to affect replacement spawns. With chaos you need max range, good duration and efficiency.

Noise arrow cheese is Ivara strategy which is kinda complicated to explain all the nuances and weird AI interactions, and you'd better google it. It's arguably the best way to interception against corpus and corrupted, since it can deal with nullies.

Repelling bastillie is Vauban's augment. It can completely lockdown areas. Same with dangledome (Khora's strangledome) and catastasis (Limbo's cataclysm+stasis). All of them do well in locking down capture points with a right combination of range and duration, and since enemies like to focus on one point at a time, and don't like to switch capture targets, you can go far with locking down just one point.

Lantern is kinda suboptimal here, but still serviceable. It's Titania's ability that makes an enemy into a floaty pied piper of Hamelin with other enemies following him and paying no attention to surroundings. The downside is it's LOS only, so it does not affect enemies through walls. It also does some damage over time to the affected enemies, so can potentially kill them which is not good. On the other hand, you can set up to 4 lanterns, and the base range is really good.

2 hours ago, lnfine said:

Solo interceptions are the easiest way to do them. The game can only spawn a limited number of enemies per player. If you don't kill them and instead control them in some way (slowva, chaos, noise arrow cheese, repelling bastilie, dangledome, lantern, catastasis), you can pick your nose while the mission plays itself. The enemies even go out of their way and all rush the same point so you can easily group them up and don't need to hunt them all around the map.

Also, in a pinch... Spectres.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MagPrime said:

@DatDarkOne

Your people need you. 

I've been summoned.  Solo play huh?  Solo'ing Warframe isn't as hard or as difficult as some would lead you to believe.  Soloing Interception missions is so easy with Ivara and noise arrow that it can get down right boring, but it works extremely well.  So well that I would even say that it goes faster.  

I will come back to this topic when I get back home.  

Am 11.4.2019 um 04:40 schrieb VanFanel1980mx:

Is the solo experience supposed to be kind of unimportant?

Sorry I doun't get what you realy mean with that one.

There are some youtuber that do solo stuff ounly at lvl 100+

might watching them ?

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4crGRGgCaiNm3bBc51YAhA

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNGiRpufdCrzkUKHEYM7JMw

On 2019-04-11 at 11:37 AM, justin0620 said:

How many missions are better to do solo? very few.

If you do it with other 3 people, you got more enemies = more loot, more buff, more help. It is just better in many ways.

I just do solo when I realize I can finish a mission faster than a full squad, e.g. capture, rescue.

Not many players are solo player so their opinion are usually ignored.

If DE allow players to change player multiplier only in SOLO mode. Changing spawn settings, this gives players more freedom. 

But too bad, like the old 100~300+ ware ODD, you cant pause for toilet breaks. And alot of the players (not me/ majority) say the challenges come from xx level or when it's alot of spawn, un-like the crappy spawn setting for 1 player.

3 minutes ago, NLG_QtChAoS said:

Sorry I doun't get what you realy mean with that one.

I think that he might have gotten confused about this as many tend to say that Warframe is a co-op only game.  When in truth it is more a single player experience with the option to co-op.  I say this because if you look at the story quests they do not force the idea of "must be in a group".  Then there is also the various kits of each frame.  A good number of those kits seem as if they were designed with the idea of "Lone Tenno" in mind.  I think this could be a reason DE misses some of the various frame combos that can and do happen.  Or how some of those powers can be annoying to others in the group.  

These are just my observations, thoughts, and/or opinions, and I could be completely wrong.  😄 

9 hours ago, low1991 said:

If DE allow players to change player multiplier only in SOLO mode. Changing spawn settings, this gives players more freedom.  

But too bad, like the old 100~300+ ware ODD, you cant pause for toilet breaks. And alot of the players (not me/ majority) say the challenges come from xx level or when it's alot of spawn, un-like the crappy spawn setting for 1 player. 

If you are a veteran you got decent gear to deal with tons of enemies, if you are new solo players you don't have it, You will be in trouble. DE have their concerns.

On 2019-04-17 at 6:37 PM, DatDarkOne said:

When in truth it is more a single player experience with the option to co-op.  I say this because if you look at the story quests they do not force the idea of "must be in a group".  Then there is also the various kits of each frame.  A good number of those kits seem as if they were designed with the idea of "Lone Tenno" in mind.

That sounds like my cup of tea. And thanks to all of you for all the good advise. No time for chatting, must keep playing. First Warframe crafted, MR3 is due... so much to do. Oh god, I fear I might really love this game.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Knight_Ex said:

With old star chart I "solo'ed" the entire game with Loki and Tonkor, if you don't believe me check my profile in game and my most used weapon and frame >_>, so your millage may vary.

How old is old? 

I solo'd the Star chart with Mag and a Karak but that was before Interceptions were a thing.  

1 hour ago, Knight_Ex said:

With old star chart I "solo'ed" the entire game with Loki and Tonkor, if you don't believe me check my profile in game and my most used weapon and frame >_>, so your millage may vary.

Lol, Me on a radial disarm Loki, my buddy on his Frost, both with tonkors, our go-to strat for easy sorties when they first hit. RIP tonkor, RIP. (cuz nerf) And then we got the Arca Plasmor......

19 minutes ago, (XB1)Furious Kaiser said:

Lol, Me on a radial disarm Loki, my buddy on his Frost, both with tonkors, our go-to strat for easy sorties when they first hit. RIP tonkor, RIP. (cuz nerf) And then we got the Arca Plasmor......

Wow.  And poor ol' me just doing it solo with only bows and Ivara.  Then a second time on an alt account after Specters of the Rail Star Chart update.   😛