Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sanctuary Onslaught/ Elite Sanctuary Onslaught Tile Sets

justin0620

It is very grindy and boring to kill enemies over and over again in SO and ESO for focus and exp. However DE make it even more boring by repeating the same tile sets everytime you step inside. Can we have random tile sets in the furture so that we don't need to play in the same environment over and over again?

Edited by justin0620

The tiles used are chosen because of size. Too little and its too easy. Too large and you cant kill enough. If any new tiles like Gas City rework are deemed appropriate for SO they will likely be added. All tilesets have been given some new rooms randomly over the years, so it will eventually change.

• Like 1

Just now, Firetempest said:

The tiles used are chosen because of size. Too little and its too easy. Too large and you cant kill enough.

My problem is not the size, it is the location

1st run ESO, zone 1: grineer ship, zone 2: void, zone 3: corpus ship,..........            

2nd run ESO, zone 1: grineer ship, zone 2: void, zone 3: corpus ship,..........

3rd run ESO, zone 1: grineer ship, zone 2: void, zone 3: corpus ship,..........             

I have to do this everyday for focus, and everyday is the same tile sets same zone, and it is boring. (for me). I am ok for the grind but give me some other tile sets to play with.           

3 minutes ago, justin0620 said:

I have to do this everyday for focus, and everyday is the same tile sets same zone, and it is boring. (for me). I am ok for the grind but give me some other tile sets to play with.           

Learn to do eidolons instead, you're basically handicapping yourself.

3 minutes ago, justin0620 said:

Unless something was changed. Last I played it, Its a weekly predetermined sequence of tilesets. I guess it could be changed daily. because a week loop is a pretty long time.

Just now, Firetempest said:

Unless something was changed. Last I played it, Its a weekly predetermined sequence of tilesets. I guess it could be changed daily. because a week loop is a pretty long time.

The point is how hard is it to shuffle it? They are just lazy.

2 minutes ago, justin0620 said:

SO/ESO I can do it anytime I want, eidolons I can only do it in a specific time.

Here's the difference. Focus you can cap I think it's 300k per day right? Eidolon shards can be turned in at any time, as many as you want with jo daily cap and converted to focus. A simple 3x3 Hydrocap hunt will net you 600k worth of focus in 45 mins, repeatable every night period. If you get good enough to do 5x3 per night you're looking at 1 million focus per night.

Still wanna waste your time focus farming in ESO?

Edited by Zilchy

Just now, Zilchy said:

Still wanna waste your time focus farming in ESO? 

Efficiency wise you are right, but I can get ~380,000 focus in ESO in ~40 mins, consider everything went smooth. It is alright for me.

And at the end, I don't quite enjoy eidolon hunt.

Just now, justin0620 said:

Efficiency wise you are right, but I can get ~380,000 focus in ESO in ~40 mins, consider everything went smooth. It is alright for me.

And at the end, I don't quite enjoy eidolon hunt.

Well if you're happy doing it that way then it's all good 🙂

21 minutes ago, justin0620 said:

The point is how hard is it to shuffle it? They are just lazy.

Its not about difficulty, or laziness. That's just how its designed so people can have a predictable experience in elite mode, ex: building loadout for one faction over the others.

You could make a actual Feed Back post in the proper subforum arguing how unnecessary it is being a weekly schedule.

I assume the tiles are in a fixed rotation every week so the leaderboards are consistent.

If they weren't fixed then anyone trying to place on the weekly board would need to keep retrying until they get nothing but good tiles rolled.

And yes people do intentionally run endurance missions for the leaderboards. For some it's the primary reason they keep playing.

4 minutes ago, trst said:

I assume the tiles are in a fixed rotation every week so the leaderboards are consistent.

If they weren't fixed then anyone trying to place on the weekly board would need to keep retrying until they get nothing but good tiles rolled.

And yes people do intentionally run endurance missions for the leaderboards. For some it's the primary reason they keep playing.

Totally forgot leaderboards even existed.

They could make a opt-out of leaderboard version that always randomizes the Elite mode as a solution.

The arenas themselves are set. However, I think it’s fairvto ask for more.  It might be cool to create a seasonal system that introduces new maps. The top teams in each season could get rewards like cosmetics or whatever.  It’d be incentive for the devs and players.  I’d be interested in a competitive aspect to it to see how far I can go with a well planned out team. 

26 minutes ago, jfhsanseiIII said:

The arenas themselves are set. However, I think it’s fairvto ask for more.  It might be cool to create a seasonal system that introduces new maps. The top teams in each season could get rewards like cosmetics or whatever.  It’d be incentive for the devs and players.  I’d be interested in a competitive aspect to it to see how far I can go with a well planned out team. 

It is bugged. Last night, I went to zone10 ESO we keep killing but the systems just didn't register the kills.

6 minutes ago, moostar95 said:

I know raids wasn't something popular but the fact this crap replaced them is a joke. 

E/SO was supposed to be the replacement to Dark Sectors (they changed their mind last second and it's currently not their replacement), not Trials.

Edited by trst

8 hours ago, justin0620 said:

It is very grindy and boring to kill enemies over and over again in SO and ESO for focus and exp. However DE make it even more boring by repeating the same tile sets everytime you step inside. Can we have random tile sets in the furture so that we don't need to play in the same environment over and over again?

The game has a fairly limited range of tile sets anyway, so you would still end up seeing the same ones over and over...depending how often you do Sanctuary runs.