The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Weapon recommendation

Sizzlerro

Question

Hiya. I'm almost rank 15 so I tested quite a bunch of weapons, but still struggle to find something really fun for myself.

Weapons I do like to use: 

- kohm(first weapon ever i really liked), throwing secondaries(can almost build spira prime or sancti castanas), staticor, ignis wraith(lazy farming), astilla(gara's gun), arca plasmor(haven't invested much in it yet), ogris, new discovery for me pyrana prime its awesome. For melee it is quite simple: spin to win atterax, silva&aegis prime, prisma obex(although it got too wild on attack pattern with polarised stance).

What I do not usually like:

Bows, sniper rifles, classic "carabine" rifles(tiberon prime seems fine but not favourite), throwing melee, slow melee(hammers, axes), basically anything that requires heavy aiming.

For warframes I use for fun for reference:

Titania, Zephyr P., Nezha, Mirage P., Nova P., Saryn P.(just for lazy farming).

Hope you'll manage to sketch my playstyle from this info. Please suggest your ideas for weapons I might find fun. Thanks in advance.

15 answers to this question

Yes I have amprex even dropped few formas on it, but it does the same as IW but my IW performs better in every way. Ill try to check out opticor vandal, hope its not that hard to obtain.

Edited by Sizzlerro

I have bp for paracesis but haven't managed to get materials. I really hate stagnant gameplay so I postpone mining and fishing as much as I can due to low amount of time to play. So kitguns/zaws have to wait. From polearms i really played with lesion, but I delayed playing with it since I just recently got into farming important mods.

For frames im currently building limbo prime. And im close to get my hands on nyx prime and equinox prime. I want khora too but im heavily unlucky on systems drop. I dump lots of endo and creds on corrupted mods for frames so I finally can start balling with high stats on them.

Edited by Sizzlerro

3 hours ago, Agoniize said:

I havent tested it myself but I have heard the Opticor Vandal is a "fun" weapon to use, especially if you ever fancy playing Hildryn alongside it.

(Short and sweet answer I know)

I would definitely Recommend Opticor Vandal... ONLY WITH A RIVEN.... just because the difference between the the weapon Criting and Not Critting is way too big.... its literally the difference between getting a kill and Taking a Rocket to the face. I fitted mine with Critical Delay to help with the Consistency but honestly I prefer Prisma Grinlok just because its so Consistent at 94% Crit Chance. Unfortunately only Baro has it. 😞

I’ve tried most but not all weapons, particularly melee and primary, not so much secondary.  

My favorite primaries are usually shotguns.  Corinth, Arca Plasmor and Vaykor Hek.  I also like Ignis Wraith, Amprex and Zhuge.   The only assault rifle I like is Soma Prime.  

For melee, I use almost exclusively zaws now: a dagger (Imhotep) and a staff (Nyarlathotep).  I don’t like Atterax but I use it sometimes.  I like Nikanas but rarely use them.  

I find myself not using secondaries much. Prisma Twin Gremlins are fun.  Sonicor is good.  Mara Detron is my favorite, although it looks like I am wielding an extendable dog leash.   

I really like using a glaive and a secondary, although I haven’t tried it since melee 3.0.1 dropped.   

If you’re looking for something fun, farm the Redeemer Prime. I’ve only just got round to do it and I thoroughly regret not getting it sooner. It’s fantastic fun and gives you a pocket shotgun with no ammo and no reload concerns. If you like sparring weapons, Hirudo is a good shout and works well with frames such as Inaros and Valkyr due to the innate life steal on crit.

I second your new secondary but I also have good fun with Akbolto Prime and is a very powerful secondary. 

Primary wise you can’t go wrong investing more time into Arca Plasmor. 

14 hours ago, Sizzlerro said:

Hiya. I'm almost rank 15 so I tested quite a bunch of weapons, but still struggle to find something really fun for myself.

Weapons I do like to use: 

- kohm(first weapon ever i really liked), throwing secondaries(can almost build spira prime or sancti castanas), staticor, ignis wraith(lazy farming), astilla(gara's gun), arca plasmor(haven't invested much in it yet), ogris, new discovery for me pyrana prime its awesome. For melee it is quite simple: spin to win atterax, silva&aegis prime, prisma obex(although it got too wild on attack pattern with polarised stance).

What I do not usually like:

Bows, sniper rifles, classic "carabine" rifles(tiberon prime seems fine but not favourite), throwing melee, slow melee(hammers, axes), basically anything that requires heavy aiming.

Hope you'll manage to sketch my playstyle from this info. Please suggest your ideas for weapons I might find fun. Thanks in advance.

if your looking for high end game, i suggest inaros 8.6 HP, 765 armor with rapid resilience

as for the weapon, the only one i use for all missions is the catchmoon. 23k radiation, x4,4 CD and 100% CC.

You may not have the, but trust me, it is worth the time to get them. you won't regret it

23 hours ago, Sizzlerro said:

Out of boredom I decided to pick Nidus an infested base warframe.  I used 8 forma and centered around the second ability.  Why? the end result would be lazy killing. To supply more health try Arcane victory.  Plus, a status build of the "Lesion" and 2 mods: healing return, and life strike.  should have been 7 forma but I wanted the aura slot inter-changeable

Or if you want a farming warframe. Take the Excalibur Umbra mods and use it on the warfame: Hydroid Prime.  I smell lazy augmented farming.  

Edited by MajorInnocence

20 hours ago, Sizzlerro said:

I have inaros although it not suit me that much. I see most of you recommend zaws and kitguns. Bummer... fishing and mining for material is not my thing. Thanks for all suggestions. 

People recommend zaws because you can make the kind of melee you exactly want, but if you don't know what you want then it's quite a problem. It would really just be best for you to try out everything and see what you like.