Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Wolf of Saturn Six Act 4] Alad V returning to Corpus for Sentient research? What will happen to Zanuka boss fight? What's going to happen to the lore?

SprinKah

I was having an argument with a lad on Facebook relating to why Alad V is back in Jupiter right now, capturing the Wolf, turning him (?) partly sentient after the Corpus cutting ties with him, becoming infested, helped us in Second Dream and etc...

It does get me wondering, Why is Alad V back? Is he seeked out by the Corpus board to come back and do Sentient research for them? What will happen to the Zanuka boss fight because you know, it wouldn't be very....logical for the Zanuka boss fight, which lore-wise, is set waaaaaaaayyyyyy back when the Corpus were still interested a lot in Warframe and Corpus tech (they still do but they seem more obsessed with the Sentient nowadays).

It wouldn't be very fitting for the Zanuka boss fight to still be in Jupiter with all the Sentient/Corpus enemies coming in the rework, because it's occurring in the present, now. Unlike Zanuka, is set waaaaaaaaaayyyy back and is basically, now gone. 

Here's hoping we get a boss fight rework, maybe DE can make a codex entry or something similar about the Zanuka project as...archive. I do worry a bit on how the tileset rework will affect the lore of Warframe, I wonder if there are quests that have parts where you have to traverse Jupiter in order to complete the quest despite not having anything related to the Sentient yet...who knows. 

I mean Jupiter is a bit ahead of Venus Orb Vallis so it does also make sense that Jupiter also has sentient research like Nef has in the Orb Vallis. I don't know though, hopefully DE can make things believable.

I still wonder why Alad's back in Jupiter after his extortion from the Corpus and got his hands into the huge sentient research...maybe the Corpus DID invite him back into the party to lead it. 

Just now, evilChair said:

He can multitask and the Corpus forgive anyone who's got a fat wallet.

that's true I guess, maybe he just diddly doo'd into Corpus territory and stole some sentient stuff and pumped it into Wolf as an ambush :V

Just now, Ham_Grenabe said:

Who else is gonna do it? Every time Nef Anyo hires a new Sentient Research Director, we race through the compound and kill him for his skin-scarred decryption key. Salad Five is probably the only one left who has any clue. 

lmao true, Nef musta lost millions to keep hiring Sentient Research directors, annoyed to the point of contacting Alad for favors haha

6 minutes ago, SprinKah said:

lmao true, Nef musta lost millions to keep hiring Sentient Research directors, annoyed to the point of contacting Alad for favors haha

why must he have lost millions?

no need to pay them if they die before you have to pay them

• Like 3

I think  Steve specifically mentioned a new boss fight with the Jupiter Gas City rework.  Also Alad V may be working for Nef Anyo.  I am not sure how much he has in resources now that we blew up 1 huge product launch, and his infestation project looks like it destroyed all his ships.  Alternatively he is working against Nef to punish him for his trying to pay us not to cure him... that would make more sense.

3 minutes ago, Cyclouros said:

You guys didn't notice Sallad V being in pre-infestation appearance? The wolf of saturn clips must have taken place a long time ago.

bruh, he already had almost all of his infestation cured in second dream, only thing left was the purple scar but I mean, if he could fix his arms and legs which were pretty much rotten infested flesh, twised and full of sports, he can fix a lil scar.

Also, the Wolf of Saturn Six is occurring right now, why would Nora be talking about something that happened in the past? There's no indication of past tense in Nora's "story-telling" either. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, SprinKah said:

bruh, he already had almost all of his infestation cured in second dream, only thing left was the purple scar but I mean, if he could fix his arms and legs which were pretty much rotten infested flesh, twised and full of sports, he can fix a lil scar.

Also, the Wolf of Saturn Six is occurring right now, why would Nora be talking about something that happened in the past? There's no indication of past tense in Nora's "story-telling" either. 

IF it was past tense then what would that mean for salad

Just now, (XB1)UpgradeAcorn989 said:

Problem with that logic, he was cured before the second dream. Sentients were only scouting before the second dream. The only story mission involving them was natah and the oculyst scanning. 

1 minute ago, (XB1)UpgradeAcorn989 said:

DE have a failsafe about alad: he's Orokin, he has Oro, so no matter what happens to him, the consequences will be only temporary before they peter out.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, evilChair said:

DE have a failsafe about alad: he's Orokin, he has Oro, so no matter what happens to him, the consequences will be only temporary before they peter out.

that's a bit of a stretch, I do believe Hunhow only thought he's Orokin because of the Corpus affiliation with the Orokin back in the Old war and such (Simaris Crewman lore thing) and maybe, because he's helping Tenno and Lotus and such. 

2 minutes ago, evilChair said:

Well, Orokin in the sense that the Corpus humans (or humanoids, whatever) are descendants of the citizens of the Orokin Empire.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SprinKah said:

Spectres of the Rail shuffled quests and all the infested Alad V stuff happens after Second Dream. The quests also seem to ignore past operations like Tubemen of Regor, where Alad V was looking for the cure. I think DE simply decided to retcon his background and maybe in the future they will rework Patient Zero and infested Alad V fight as well.

1 minute ago, (XB1)Skippy575 said:

Well, Orokin in the sense that the Corpus humans (or humanoids, whatever) are descendants of the citizens of the Orokin Empire.

Every other reference to Orokin "nationality" that we got was strictly genealogical: "Natah, you trust this Orokin blood who would chisel weapons from our bones?" (Hunhow), "I swear by my Orokin blood" (Elder Queen/Maggot/whatever she's called).

1 minute ago, Genitive said:

Spectres of the Rail shuffled quests and all the infested Alad V stuff happens after Second Dream. The quests also seem to ignore past operations like Tubemen of Regor, where Alad V was looking for the cure. I think DE simply decided to retcon his background and maybe in the future they will rework Patient Zero and infested Alad V fight as well.

To be honest, I doubt they retconned anything, dunno why you'd think that. It'd be a pretty crappy direction to go honestly. Warframe does have a pretty wack story-telling structure though, if anything I hope they rework how to tell the lore and story of Warframe so far in the star chart and such. 

"The Quills speak of Sentient immunity to the Infestation," so with the reveal that Alad is dishing out Sentient hybridizing tech to the Wolf it really clicked into place just what it was he was working with to find a cure, especially with the Tubemen event involving Regor's labs on Uranus. I hadn't really thought about what the tileset rework means for Zanuka, maybe they'll end up moving to Mars to replace the sergeant or something?

well, my headcanon is this: Alad's did Zanuka, then became infested, then came Tubemen of Regor, then he cures himself (Alad winning is Canon on 2/3 platforms, by majority we can consider this Canon overall) and helps out in Second Dream in exchange for his "favour" which he then calls in once the Acolytes track him down and attempt to kill him. after this, by now his Infestation is gone and he's gona back to his old trcks on Jupiter, trying to make Zanuka, his main project work.

but then, Alad learns of Nef's Taxmen and their obsession with Sentient research, and wonders what he could accomplish with Sentient Tech of his own. being a Rich Corpus, he could just Buy some of the Research materials, and pay to have his labs renovated into a Sentient research facility. his main hope could be to infuse Zanuka with sentient Technology, creating a Corpus/Sentient/Warframe hybrid that could potentially be as advanced and powerful as anything Orokin made: Orokin Tech is still the pinnacle of design in the Warframe universe: nothing else compares to it, and as a direct descendant of the Orokin himself, Alad likely seems to want to ascend to their level of advancement.

it could also be that maybe he decides to scrap the Zanuka Project in favour of Project Amalgam, focusing entirely on Corpus/Sentient Hybrids and selling them to other Corpus across the system for Profit. what isn't clear is why Alad wanted to capture the Wolf specifically... hopefully that will be explained later on.

• Like 3