Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Plains of Eidolon Remaster: Hotfix 24.7.1

[DE]Megan

I understand the big issues going on with the new Warframe colors being a problem, but I also want to slip this in as well, that being the several animation bugs plaguing the game.

I think a lot of people would like some acknowledgement for this, and I'd appreciate it greatly.

Steve say: The plains of Eidolon will work better after the patch..

Meanwhile in the real world

PrePatch  Cetus Ultra setting  2k,       60fps stable, minimum drops to 52/55fps

PostPatch Cetus Ultra setting 1080,   48/52fps.

"              "        "       "       2k,       24/42fps 

PD: Me monitor is 60hz so i have caped the game to 60fps.

PD2: GG Steve GG

PD3: Can someone give Steve a vacation forever? Or simply to be quiet and not talk anymore?

PD4: U dont use k-drive? bua bua bua, nerf Itzial bua bua bua

PD5: HEY, ONE SECRET, SARYN IS THE BEST AOE FRAME ¡¡¡¡¡ GO AND NERF THE MOST USE FRAME IN SACTUARY F"""""" I""""  #Sarcasm

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10... better now.

hace 1 hora, [DE]Megan dijo:

We know we have more work to do to really polish this new Fashionframe option, as you may still notice some emissive areas are not equal to others. This will take time to properly implement - we thank you for your patience! 

Hope the ephemeras can have this too, a 2 color (I.e smoke ephemera) might look cool with 2 colors

1 hour ago, [DE]Megan said:

Changes:

• Updated the public Drop Table for the Sentient Wolf to include the Wolf Hammer component Blueprints, and increased the drop chance to match the regular Wolf table. Previously was a 25% chance for the Wolf Hammer Blueprint to drop, now it's a 35% chance for either the Blueprint or one of its components to drop.

Which would be fine if he actually spawned at a frequent enough rate to warrant an rng drop rate on his weapon parts/bp in the first place.... 35% still means there's a 65% drop chance of getting mods, which apart from 2 are common enough to find on the star map without any real effort. 

It also doesn't have any impact on the miniscule drop chance of getting the wolf mask..

And considering DE have said in the past about the rates increasing, all I've seen is a decrease in the amount of fugitives appearing in missions as the weeks have gone on...

This part of 'nightwave' needs a serious rethink before the next one because this is to put it blunty an ill thought out and stupid design to stick weapon parts behind. 

Thanks for the Wolf Sledge drop chance buffs. This will tank its value and save me a good chunk of plat when I eventually buy a couple of sets for me and my Warlord.

(There's no way in hell I'm farming something that drops from an assassin from a time-limited event.)

1 hour ago, [DE]Megan said:

Changes:

• Updated the public Drop Table for the Sentient Wolf to include the Wolf Hammer component Blueprints, and increased the drop chance to match the regular Wolf table. Previously was a 25% chance for the Wolf Hammer Blueprint to drop, now it's a 35% chance for either the Blueprint or one of its components to drop.

I'm glad the RNG is improved slightly, but bigger changes need to be made. Not just to Wolf Sledge, but to the recent rare drops as a whole.

For the wolf sledge: If the 35% roll is successful, you still need to roll another 11.28% chance of getting the BP or Motor. That's essentially a 4% chance for the BP and a 4% chance for the Motor on every Wolf kill. That's ridiculous.

The Stalker Ephemera (5.00% chance on Stalker kill) and the Seeding Step Ephemera (2.00% chance on Arbitrations Rotation C) are already completely insane, and setting a very dangerous precedent in regards to RNG. The Wolf Sledge BP+motors are similarly bad (although they're at least tradable, which lessens the pain by several orders of magnitude).

I think it goes without saying that the Saturn Six Mask (2.00% chance on Wolf kill) especially needs changing. I don't mean to devbash, but I don't see how any reasonable person could have looked at those odds and said to themselves, "Hmm, yes, this looks fair".

Here are the drop tables, by the way, for anyone wondering.

2 hours ago, Glyphicality said:

Finally, Atlas' lights are totally broken after this update and are practically wholly dominated by second energy color. Here's a before and after comparison:

https://puu.sh/DdiZr/2728ad9c3c.png

Before, amazingly blended and looking great.

https://puu.sh/DdjQr/e5d73b002a.png

After, COMPLETELY the second energy color.

This is a great feature and all, but c'mon... I feel like maybe it needed a little longer in the oven. Like, a lot longer in the oven. 

Dear DE, you made the resulting effects more visible, but messed up everything else.

• The lights on warframes are all a complete mix of the primary and secondary energy color, whereas before (refer to first image above) both were nice and visible, with gradients and stuff.
• Regalia color is all primary, where before a Ki'teer Sekhara was bright and had both colors visible in the "aura", now it's just bland and boring:
image.png
Notice on the right how it looks as you're selecting a secondary color, but on the left how it looks after selecting and outside of the arsenal. Also note the energy colors, since the SIGIL is only ever primary...
• Which brings me to the part about sigils; they're probably low on the priority list, but since you're serious about making this extra layer of fashionframe better, why not add primary/secondary sigil colors as well? I'm sure many a tenno would like it to be independent from anything else, much like every other cosmetic outside of skins.

If nothing else, then at least make the two colors NOT mix together (like #1 yellow + #2 blue = flat green energy), even if you have to revert to the main color being visible on the WF while the secondary is there for effects and stuff.

Still not really satisfied by the double colors. Some frames have so small or narrow lights (like dots on Nova or lines on Khora) that whatever you do, the double colors will look bad. And it's a shame because these colors on the abilities are very good.

That's why it would be interesting to push the customization to separate the colors of the frame and the colors of its abilities.

Yes, my ash has green eyes from the energy color, yet this new fix now turned it purely blue from the second energy color...can this be fixed?

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/949605868321621695/77E059E6EFF5A5E77F1220432F24830168C9587E/

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/949605868321622483/11033ED0DCD5FDEFBAA1F6127A83E20679449F90/

Limbo's Deluxe skin energy FX is broken and not taking dual energy or primary energy right

Spoiler

cVj9TaZ.jpg

Outside of his tennogen helmet, dual energy is not applying to Revenent's emissives "both on regular helmets and main body"

Spoiler

kJPeQwA.jpg

Picture with tennogen helmet equipped

Spoiler

52GG3dd.jpg

Also could it be possible to tone down how overpowering the secondary energy is? On pulsing emissives it completely overpowers the primary color. Also noticable on Rev's tennogen helm where most of the color is orange "the secondary" instead of blue "the primary.

1Y09qbt.jpg

For whatever reason in reversing the areas the secondary energy is applied from the inside of the emissive to the outside has had the opposite effect in this case of making the secondary overpowering, the opposite effect to which the change was aimed to fix

1 hour ago, BabyKurama said:

Plz change so Atlas deluxs gems uses energy colors :3. And can we get a Gem wall for his 2nd?

omg @[DE]Rebecca please for the love of all that holy and fashionable please give us this!! give us energy colored gems and a semi transparent gemstone wall for his 2 please!

Yea, looking at something like the phantasma, any item that has pulsing emissives now suffer from the issue everything else had before where the secondary is too overpowering
The amount of area defined as "dark area" on pulsing emissives is too high.
5f4Krda.jpg

I was loving the dual energy colors up until this update. Every color combination I try now just looks completely wrong to me. As stated earlier in the thread the secondary energy color is now far too dominant on multiple frames(might be all of them, haven't checked). It looked perfectly fine for the most part from the update(24.7.0) until this change and I was able to create many good color combinations before the hotfix. To be fair, the problem seems to only be the colors on the warframe itself, the abilities still have the correct looking color combination when used in gameplay.

Example 1: Revenant
I made a color combination for him with a saturated deep blue/purple from the Eminence palette as the primary color and a saturated light blue/teal from the Ice palette as the secondary color. The result was nice and vibrant with his "energy lights" being a perfect mix of both colors connecting really well with his flowing "energy emissions". After this update the "energy lights" no longer have any trace of the primary color in them - they're just a flat light blue/teal. However the "energy emissions" are the correct color, which makes them look completely disconnected from him, like it's just some random energy flowing from nowhere.

Example 2: Oberon Prime
Another color combination I made using a saturated deep blue from the Shamrock palette as primary and a desaturated red/peach color from the Corpus palette as secondary. I was extremely happy with this combination and it ended up looking like a deep blue/purple with a bright red/peach glow shining through it. After this update it just looks like a deep pink, nothing special about it anymore.

So in conclusion I just want to ask why was this change even necessary? Because from what I've seen so far it made all the dual colors worse. Maybe there just needs some sort of color balance adjustment, I don't know. Also I want to point out that while I can just flip the order of the colors to make to make Oberon Prime look right fashion wise, that will flip his colors during gameplay as well, which messes up the look of his skills. As for Revenant, flipping the colors doesn't work at all, it just made him look bright blue/teal all over.

I'm hoping the change can be reverted as a permanent fix or at least until a better solution can be found.

Thanks for making the best game, DE!

Archived