[DE]Megan

Plains of Eidolon Remaster: Hotfix 24.7.1

1 minute ago, Shankster9 said:

I was loving the dual energy colors up until this update. Every color combination I try now just looks completely wrong to me. As stated earlier in the thread the secondary energy color is now far too dominant on multiple frames(might be all of them, haven't checked). It looked perfectly fine for the most part from the update(24.7.0) until this change and I was able to create many good color combinations before the hotfix. To be fair, the problem seems to only be the colors on the warframe itself, the abilities still have the correct looking color combination when used in gameplay.

Example 1: Revenant
I made a color combination for him with a saturated deep blue/purple from the Eminence palette as the primary color and a saturated light blue/teal from the Ice palette as the secondary color. The result was nice and vibrant with his "energy lights" being a perfect mix of both colors connecting really well with his flowing "energy emissions". After this update the "energy lights" no longer have any trace of the primary color in them - they're just a flat light blue/teal. However the "energy emissions" are the correct color, which makes them look completely disconnected from him, like it's just some random energy flowing from nowhere.

Example 2: Oberon Prime
Another color combination I made using a saturated deep blue from the Shamrock palette as primary and a desaturated red/peach color from the Corpus palette as secondary. I was extremely happy with this combination and it ended up looking like a deep blue/purple with a bright red/peach glow shining through it. After this update it just looks like a deep pink, nothing special about it anymore.

So in conclusion I just want to ask why was this change even necessary? Because from what I've seen so far it made all the dual colors worse. Maybe there just needs some sort of color balance adjustment, I don't know. Also I want to point out that while I can just flip the order of the colors to make to make Oberon Prime look right fashion wise, that will flip his colors during gameplay as well, which messes up the look of his skills. As for Revenant, flipping the colors doesn't work at all, it just made him look bright blue/teal all over.

I'm hoping the change can be reverted as a permanent fix or at least until a better solution can be found.

Thanks for making the best game, DE!

Its mostly an issue with anything with pulsing fx, as the "light area" that is apparently defined as the primary color is not the dominant area in pulsing emissives such as on Revenant, while on most items the change did what it was intended too to make the primary color the dominate color, it dosnt work on pulsing emissives because the area defined as the light area is not the dominate area and such is overpowered by the secondary. 

2 hours ago, Voltage said:

On another note, I wonder if I should farm the 2.00% Wolf Mask or if it will be easier later.

wolf mask? have i missed something, when was "wolf mask" a thing?

Actually, take back my previous comment a bit, secondary energy is still overpowering primary energy. This is a picture from my battacor and the lights on it are fully orange from a distance, same as my war, but my primary color on both weapons is blue.
VAfoLUe.jpg

I really hope the broken energy emissives are fixed tomorrow.

Please take note of this. Limbo Limina Skin Energy Color Glitch as of the Karst skin update, where the Limbo Limina skin is not registering an energy color other than the default one, even if you have another color selected.

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

Still no response to the melee "improvement" feedback megathread and substantial amount of player dislike for the changes. After a month, might I add.

What good is making the thread if you give no response to even indicate you read it, DE? Are you determined to shove us through a boring, clumsy, FPS-shaped mold instead of letting us be space ninjas? Is this some pet project you all quietly ignore responses toward, unless that response is praise?

Edited by Maxim_M_Payne

Any thoughts on when fog effect will impede AI unit vision as it does ours to make it something that is interesting rather than annoyingly one sided?

Plus, I frequently have my sentinel die and not respawn, even if i burn a revive or three, in spite of having primed regen on the sentinel, in the first slot. Will this be addressed soon?

I mention these as they have been going on for months through both steam and regular installs, reinstalls, and updates to the game.

Otherwise I enjoy the game a lot, thanks for your time.

I'm rank 24 now in the current nightwave and haven't encountered the wolf once. Could we please avoid this heavily RNG-based mess in the future and give bosses a boss node?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

limbo limina skin still bugged: the energy colors i use is purple for primary and black for secondary, but the sentient energy patterns of the skin's robes are green/blue, teal

Teeming virulence is a terrible augment, on the level with Ivara's navigator augment

3 hours ago, Mr.SpookSpook said:

Nice. Now how about you guys increase the spawn rate for Wolf so we can actually benefit from the slightly increased drop chances?
Only met him 3 times since NW started, and I tried a LOT.

I haven't seen him at all! 🙁

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Missing KDrive (vehicle mode) in arsenal is still not fixed. I cant equip any k drive because it says i dont have any

Posted (edited)

Nezha Deluxe energy is in fact broken - before hotfix it had two colors everywhere and pretty emmisives - now the secondary color is overlaying everything and being super bright on body - emissives are GONE. 

Switching the dominant colors on him broke any fashion with his energy: if you put colors like it was in the previous hotfix - now the secondary energy is overalying everything on body and making one solid color (no emmisives) - if you switch colors - you will have nice two toned emmisives on body and one solid color on the flames.

Example with colors that were working just fine before this hotfix: 

ef232a5721441d280048d42abb7c0924.jpg

16838c4412eef2a90b6851bac07631d4.jpg

And switched colors: 

1507103e667faa00fa6b483e9b15be2c.jpg

8b01d445a198817839c92acf823d8148.jpg

Now both options are bad, and I need to mention that colors on Nezha from first example - before this hotfix were working just fine - both emissives on body and fire on ring/legs were looking same - like first and second example combined into that pretty combo. 

I really hope this is a bug and will be fixed for this skin as there is no actual good combo for now.

Edited by Shemei
My language is terrible :"D

Is the wolf going to later on be added as a permanent new enemy to the game? Because even more, he remains as a myth to some players, and some who do encounter him will only ever get trash mods from him.

At this rate, the only reasonable way seemingly to obtain the sledge is if the wolf's spawn chance, in the last couple of weeks or so of nightwave, is set to guaranteed, or if players just buy it from others which is usually out of the question since a set could go up to 1k play from the greediest of players.

• Upvote 1

Thank you for the fixes.

On a relevant note, mi horrendous abomination of a Mantis landing craft with the Scimitar skin is still intact. I don't want to attemp changing its skin out of fear of losing that glistening magnificence.

The emissive are still not fixed. I'm not sure exactly what was changed from yesterday but many items, if not all, still suffer from the issues pointed out in this topic, especially with Tennogen items and weapons:

Additionally, you can check Steve's quote-tweet thread to see that the issue's still remaining.

5 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Plains of Eidolon Remaster: Hotfix 24.7.1

Secondary Energy Clarification

Yesterday’s Update 24.7.0 included the change of Secondary Energy color applying to Warframe emissives - but it seems we got it backwards and shipped with Secondary being the dominant color. This has been rectified to have Primary as the dominant color with Secondary Energy being the “halo” color around it. To clarify even further, Primary Energy colors will cover the brightest emissive area with the Secondary Energy color covering the darkest emissive area.

We know we have more work to do to really polish this new Fashionframe option, as you may still notice some emissive areas are not equal to others. This will take time to properly implement - we thank you for your patience!

Changes & Fixes

• A short FX will now appear in the Arsenal as an effort to help display how your chosen Secondary Energy color will blend with your Warframe’s abilities.
  • Fixed Warframe Helmets not using the full Primary Energy color if defaults are applied, or if you just have the Primary chosen.

Changes:

• Updated the public Drop Table for the Sentient Wolf to include the Wolf Hammer component Blueprints, and increased the drop chance to match the regular Wolf table. Previously was a 25% chance for the Wolf Hammer Blueprint to drop, now it's a 35% chance for either the Blueprint or one of its components to drop.
  • Slightly reduced the fog in the Grineer Forest tileset.
  • Swapped mentions of PRIMARY/SECONDARY to ACTIVE/INACTIVE, and MAKE PRIMARY to ACTIVATE in the Focus manager UI screen.

Fixes:

• Fixed crashes caused by alt-tab when playing fullscreen and using a Steam Controller.
  • Fixed cases where you could move around with the Steam Controller when you should be locked in position (eg: during a Heist briefing).
  • Fixed recasting Nidus’ Ravenous in new a location not properly recalculating Maggot explosions.
  • Fixed sound discrepancies when using the ‘Wolf Howl’ Emote.
  • Fixed Hildryn attempting to give her Balefire to Rescue/Defense Targets.
  • Fixed a memory leak related to the Rahn Prism FX.
  • Fixed a HUD memory leak when dying and respawning.
  • Fixed Atlas’ Karst shoulder piece not hiding when aiming with a weapon.
  • Fixed Atlas’ Karst Golems not appearing in his Abilities Arsenal screen.
  • Fixed level holes in the Lua Halls of Judgement area.
  • Fixed level holes in the Infested Corpus tileset.
  • Fixed Hildryn’s Pillage ability being described as ‘Shield Pillage’.
  • Fixed Lisets having uncolorable areas.
  • Fixed unbaked textures in the Corpus Gas City tileset.
  • Fixed the Lynx hanging in the Grineer Spy Vault tileset appearing black.

Thank you for fixing the secondary energy on frames but what about the ephemeras the smoking body one it doesn't work

74 hotfixes since chimera update and still no fix for melee locking your movement and momentum isn't working.

Sword and shield's shields are being holstered too high despite using final harbinger.

Before chimera update:

koQE7oR.jpg

now:

DzgfwBv.jpg

• atlas's loincloth is buggy when using weapons like heavy blade swords and single handed pistols.

dNke1V0.jpg

Qkd3pWl.jpg

• War's blade energy not displaying while having mara detron equipped

kfFWofD.jpg

ZVigYoT.jpg

• Perla pistol skin is bugged for Stubba, Euphona prime, and Pandero once again.

stubba

BIKSuEO.jpg

Euphona prime

40bpwuK.jpg

Pandero

eG4ibse.jpg