Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Riven Condition: bug or just bad description?

fr4gb4ll

for a melee riven, the condition is: shot 4 dragyn pilots down before they hit the ground. fairly easy, right?

so usually i do such by flying around in my AW, but this time, the kills won't register. my though about this is that maybe it's because the riven s for a melee weapon which is not really 'active' while being in AW-mode.

if this is correct, it sure should fixed or at least mentioned in the description.

also, there still is this issue with some weapons not being usable at all for this riven condition (reported this a few weeks earlier already).

This particular riven challenge has been an issue for myself, and a large number of players I talk with on discord channels. Despite clearly killing the pilots before they hit the ground, many times no credit is given, and if you kill the pilot without killing the dargyn it won't give credit period.

On 2019-04-12 at 2:10 AM, fr4gb4ll said:

so usually i do such by flying around in my AW, but this time, the kills won't register. my though about this is that maybe it's because the riven s for a melee weapon which is not really 'active' while being in AW-mode.

Many riven challenges will be stuck for no apparent reason untill you restart your game.

Many riven challenges will not let you complete them in AW mode unles the AW mode is specifically mentioned in riven challenge.

Many riven challenges are being read wrong (you miss something) and than they clearly wont register if you dont complete it the right way.

Out of curiousity, how are you attempting to do this challenge? High powered weapon with penetration?

10 hours ago, Zakkhar said:

Many riven challenges will be stuck for no apparent reason untill you restart your game.

Many riven challenges will not let you complete them in AW mode unles the AW mode is specifically mentioned in riven challenge.

Many riven challenges are being read wrong (you miss something) and than they clearly wont register if you dont complete it the right way.

Out of curiousity, how are you attempting to do this challenge? High powered weapon with penetration?

since i had this particulary challenge a few times already, i can say that this was the first time i couldn't do it while flying with my AW - it did worked for at least two other riven mods before. what never worked with this challenge (i tested it on purpose since i noticed this the first time) is trying  to use weapons with any kind of AoE-damage that kills the target with this AoE (at least i can't tell if i ever landed a hit directly on the pilos and killed him with it). i didn't test every weapon with AoE, since it's such a pain in the arѕe with some  that it would warrant it's own challenge ^^)

also, it seems that if the the pilot dies from the explosion of the the dragyn (if indeed the explosion do damage to him, but it did looked like this a few time for me) instead of your fire, it won't count either to the goal.

i also tried to kill pilots with frame abilities, but so far with no success, but that migth be just be of my own inability to apply the damage to them ^^)

best way to get this challenge done is imo the use of fast firing weapons (primarly or secondary) like the soma, tennora, any smg-type secondary or, at least i think i done it, with gunblades too (the redeemer is pretty good to remove those buggers from the sky).

i think, the reason for those discrepancies is not any intended choice for the challenge, but the mechanic of how the game handles the entity of first the dragyn (while it flies around with the pilot) and then, the two entities, either the exploding dragyn and the ejected pilot or the killed pilot and the 'landing' dragyn... there seem to be a little timeframe before the pilot becomes a separat entity and when he is killed along with his vehicle it might not trigger the condition for the challenge... hard to be sure without debugging the game, but this would be a possible reason for the AoE weapons failing this challenge. ofc, with the AW, it's something else - it might be intended and just not mentioned (as it should be) it also might be because the riven i hade to unveil this time was a melee riven for the first time and that 'officially' we don't have a melee-weapon active when using the AW in the atmosphere but instead have its use trigger the deactivation of the AW.

My experience opening this reason shows me that: 
if you kill the pilot while he is piloting, it does not register. 
If you kill it simultaneously with thee dargyn, ti does not register.
Must kill the dargyn from the front and shoot the pilot on freefal for it to register.

Or use the ultimate cheese: Use Titania to make the pilot flow off from the ground and kill it while enchanted. That makes the mission easy peasy. 

BUT, OP has a point. some Riven logic is silly, not really well-baked, and/or just plain buggy.

Like the "while not being affected by status" restriction resetting, even if the player is immune to status by Amesha, on basically every hit.