Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Flashlight Key

Norad32

This has been suggested several times before. Personally I'd like flashlight to be toggleable as well as an optional night/heat vision feature. Kind of like predator visions, like you press the flashlight key and it turns on, press it again and you get night vision, again for heat vision, etc.

Rather than for causing jumpscares and whatnot, I'm actually having trouble seeing in certain infested missions, so it'd be quite useful :P

This has been suggested several times before. Personally I'd like flashlight to be toggleable as well as an optional night/heat vision feature. Kind of like predator visions, like you press the flashlight key and it turns on, press it again and you get night vision, again for heat vision, etc.

Rather than for causing jumpscares and whatnot, I'm actually having trouble seeing in certain infested missions, so it'd be quite useful :P

that its a great  idea about the night and heat vision

Edited by Norad32

While I don't know about night vision and I'm even more unsure about heat vision (at least for now, could be really cool!), I would love to have a toggable flashlight! There are times where the auto on and off just don't cut it and you need a flashlight or can work better without it on.

While I don't know about night vision and I'm even more unsure about heat vision (at least for now, could be really cool!), I would love to have a toggable flashlight! There are times where the auto on and off just don't cut it and you need a flashlight or can work better without it on.

Just some optional toys that won't affect your teammates in any way, wouldn't hurt I guess.

Just some optional toys that won't affect your teammates in any way, wouldn't hurt I guess.

Might not affect teammates, but you always have to worry if it will somehow unbalance the levels or take away from the game. Like, for example, will the night vision make the darker levels too easy by letting the player see everything in the dark room like there were lights on? You would lose that "I can't see what's coming for me" feel. It's just something to consider!

Might not affect teammates, but you always have to worry if it will somehow unbalance the levels or take away from the game. Like, for example, will the night vision make the darker levels too easy by letting the player see everything in the dark room like there were lights on? You would lose that "I can't see what's coming for me" feel. It's just something to consider!

Well, DE better make a model for each weapon to have a flashlight attached to them. Because that will be the only way for me to make sense out of it. Although yeah, I don't see the point of the flashlight when I'm using the Kunai.

Edited by AfroGamerNinja

I'd rather think of it as preferences. Some might enjoy the suspense and using dodgy flashlights and get scared. Some night enjoy it better with predator-ish views that help with their vision. But to each their own. ;)

Well, DE better make a model for each weapon to have a flashlight attached to them. Because that will be the only way for me to make sense out of it. Although yeah, I don't see the point of the flashlight when I'm using the Kunai.

Dual handed weapons do have an annoying flashlight issue where as you run the second flashlight just swings back and forth with your arm.

Maybe the flashlight is in your Warframe's arm? Maybe you have like a headlamp, a flashlight somewhere in your helmet. That could make sense.

That would avoid having to make up where the flashlight is on your Kunai or other weird weapons like that, or when your flashlight is on while you use melee.

I'd rather think of it as preferences. Some might enjoy the suspense and using dodgy flashlights and get scared. Some night enjoy it better with predator-ish views that help with their vision. But to each their own. ;)

I totally get wanting to use cool night vision, but I think even when giving the choice to use a flashlight in a dark infested ship or to use night vision 19/20 people will always choose night vision without a second thought. You would lose that "I can only see where I am pointing, and if I want to see something else, I better point my gun at it." With night vision you just see everything in a green tint, it takes away from the tension I'm sure they, DE, wanted in those levels!

I really want to be able to toggle the flashlights too.  Like Lers mentions, sometimes the lights are destroyed and the flashlights don't automatically turn on. 

I'm fairly certain that this is an easy feature to implement, but for some reason the developers sees this small issue as too low of a priority to look into. 

I don't mind the flashlights turning on automatically on some missions, but it would be very nice to have manual control over it.

I really want to be able to toggle the flashlights too.  Like Lers mentions, sometimes the lights are destroyed and the flashlights don't automatically turn on. 

I'm fairly certain that this is an easy feature to implement, but for some reason the developers sees this small issue as too low of a priority to look into.

Or rather a nonissue, it'd be a fun addition, but I've been waiting for a fix for the camera switch toggle prioritising over sprinting ever since U6, To think that Steve even commented on it and said they would look into it, this probably doesn't stand a lot of chance to get much attention sadly. :/