Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ladies and Gentlemen.. Warframe on Linux at 4k60, max settings.

GloriousEggroll

On 2019-04-12 at 2:31 AM, GloriousEggroll said:

Just know that us linux folk are doing everything we can to be self-sustaining

This will always be the curse, and blessing of the open source crowd. Pmuch by definition.

Well done though, I do understand you didn't do this just to play Warframe 😛 you should be proud.

Although yknow... Open source, imo, doesn't mean what it used to back in the day. I find a much more intermingled dichotomy nowadays. Not saying that's bad or anything, it's just interesting. I think a much more appropriate term now would just be component-based, for everything. Which y'know, in itself is pretty ironic.

Edited by (XB1)AdolphBinStalin
Nerd musing + waffles

On 2019-04-12 at 2:32 AM, DukeNix said:

Wow. If warframe starts to work well on Linux i will probably delete windows on my system lol

Do you notice a lot of performance loss? I don't have the best rig actually.

I'm brand new to linux.  I have Linux Mint 19.1 Cinnamon, it's widely considered an easy way to get into linux and I'm loving it.  I tried Manjaro and never got it to launch, then Lutris and Mint.  I just today got steam on Mint to run natively with proton 4.2 today and I've been playing all day.  My pc is a custom built Ryzen 1700 @3.8Ghz, 16 RAM and a RX Vega 64.  I can get 200+ fps solo on orb vallis, which never happened with win10.  It generally runs around 140fps in 2k with 7.x ms response time, just seems to run smoother.  That's around 10-15fps more and 2 or 3 ms faster.  Valve has definitely been hard at work.

5 hours ago, Robert_the_Bruce said:

I'm brand new to linux.  I have Linux Mint 19.1 Cinnamon, it's widely considered an easy way to get into linux and I'm loving it.  I tried Manjaro and never got it to launch, then Lutris and Mint.  I just today got steam on Mint to run natively with proton 4.2 today and I've been playing all day.  My pc is a custom built Ryzen 1700 @3.8Ghz, 16 RAM and a RX Vega 64.  I can get 200+ fps solo on orb vallis, which never happened with win10.  It generally runs around 140fps in 2k with 7.x ms response time, just seems to run smoother.  That's around 10-15fps more and 2 or 3 ms faster.  Valve has definitely been hard at work.

You got a really nice rig, I am stucked with a 650ti and 6gb ram lol

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, mcdoo said:

Whats a good Linux distro for media work and gaming? Im thinking of ditching Windows.

Ubuntu will probably serve you well if you don't have much experience with Linux.

If you have a focus on media work, you can try http://ubuntustudio.org/

53 minutes ago, mk1-QAQ said:

Sad story. It says my graphics driver initialization failed. How can i change the graphics api in the launcher settings.

This might be because your graphics drivers are not the very latest. Have a look here https://github.com/ValveSoftware/Proton/wiki/Requirements
If you still have problems, you can try asking in GE's discord and see if anyone can help you there.