Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Negative Platinum Balance

Zoanox

Question

Somehow my account has gone -1500 platinum. All purchases were done through Steam Wallet. No payments have been rejected by either Steam, PayPal or my Bank account, all payments have gone through just fine, and I have not made any claims to refund. I have not received plat by trading with other players. All purchases are legitimate and I have not used any unnoficial ways of obtaining platinum. I can't express enough that I've followed all rules and have not broken any terms of service, I am certain of this. However, not only am I negative 1500 plat, but I had only purchased a total of 1200 plat in recent times after having taken a break from this game for years. I come back, buy a bit of plat, and now my account is "Restricted".

I've submitted a ticket and still no reply after 2 days, meanwhile the ticket I submitted before that (regarding a different issue relating to quests) was replied to in just a few hours. Perhaps a different support department? I guess I'm just looking for answers, I don't understand how this could possibly happen.

15 answers to this question

59 minutes ago, Walkampf said:

This usually happens after somebody scammed you while trading.

They buy plat,

then trade the plat for stuff,

then get the money for their plat back.

The now illegal plat is pulled from the innocent person.

That’s the usual way however OP states that the plat has been purchased from Steam in the usual way. 

Have you checked your card? Was it declined post purchase by the bank? Perhaps that error is something on your end that may be worth exploring in the meantime. If your bank cancelled the purchase, DE may suspect a charge back and have pulled the plat from your account. 

As a side note, most of the time people will actually laundry money through games like warframe, stolen credit cards will buy plat and then they sell that plat to the third party sites where you can buy plat and thus they just turned their money into clean money

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Mez999 said:

That’s the usual way however OP states that the plat has been purchased from Steam in the usual way. 

Have you checked your card? Was it declined post purchase by the bank? Perhaps that error is something on your end that may be worth exploring in the meantime. If your bank cancelled the purchase, DE may suspect a charge back and have pulled the plat from your account. 

I've doubled checked everything. Looked at confirmation emails of purchase received from Steam, looked at my PayPal account to see that the money has been transacted from my Bank account, looked at my bank account to see that the money has been successfully withdrawn.

Edited by Zoanox

1 hour ago, Zoanox said:

I've doubled checked everything. Looked at confirmation emails of purchase received from Steam, looked at my PayPal account to see that the money has been transacted from my Bank account, looked at my bank account to see that the money has been successfully withdrawn.

That is very odd. As suggested above, maybe there was some automatic flagging due to the inactivity on the account?

I’m sure you have but take screenshots of everything and maintain your level headedness during any exchanges. 

Wish you all the best with support and hopefully it works out the right way for you. 

• Like 3

after returning from a long break months to half a year maybe even more i decided to update warframe and play with some friends today, 2hours after finishing update i try to login and recieve the same exact issue, i've made a ticket regarding it, i know for a fact all purchases been done through warframe with my own card and no refunds were made, if i ever recieved plat from others it was due to a trade of selling prime items as the majority of the game does, so i dont get why i got restricted my access, after 5 years playing this game, then innocent inviduals like us gets to pay for being a victim to some illegal invidual from a random trade ? how can this possibily be fair first of all, secondly how are we ever supposed to trade with anyone if we know there always be this risk ? i really try to understand and i just dont get it, all this time and money + effort put into a game for so many years for this ..

Besides that i read that u could check ur negative through account panel, it states that i got -186 platinium which isnt much compared to many other cases of what i searched up on this, which makes it even more odd, i am still waiting for support to reply even it is 15 dollars to recover that amount of platinium i deny to of principals and since i cannot afford it right now, to have to pay this when i never was intended to trade with someone that had illegal platinium in the first place neither was aware this even was a thing, it really sucks to not be able to play my good old warframe account just because of this but on the other hand i find it hard that such as me gets to be punished for something that a whole other invidual caused in the first place. Hopefully support will help with a solution or put back my platinium to 0 atleast.

Edited by NoobOnDrug
  • Like 2

Just want to give people an update on this because I've seen a number of other people experiencing this and questioning it as well. 

On 2019-04-12 at 7:09 PM, Lysithea.Nya said:

Basically say goodbye to your account

This dude is wrong. 
It took a while but after 2 weeks the DE team got to my support request and sorted everything out in one swift action. Took a while to reply but at least it was fixed as soon as they got to it. To anyone out there experiencing this, I do recommend that you open a support ticket at https://digitalextremes.zendesk.com - For anyone not familiar this is the official Warframe support website. If you're in the right about your plat balance and experienced something similar or the same as I have, then your account is not lost and it will get fixed upon your request.

• Like 1

On 2019-04-12 at 5:14 AM, Whitestrake0 said:

As a side note, most of the time people will actually laundry money through games like warframe, stolen credit cards will buy plat and then they sell that plat to the third party sites where you can buy plat and thus they just turned their money into clean money

Yep, this is the reason why DE is taking such a harsh stance on plat trading. (They could do without to save the headaches but I guess they want to earn more money so...) There are some innocent casualties for sure but if you are one, the support team will most likely help you resolve it. 

• Like 1