Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Opening multiple relics in one turn suggestion

FollowTheFaceless

The idea is about to get rid of stockpiles (at least partially) of hundreds of relics we (some of us) have. 

What:

Ability to open 1-3 relics per fast mission (or per rotation in endless ones).

How to compensate:

Enemy level per each relic (20 lvl on 1, 60 lvl on 3 for example on Meso)

Some additional conditions like on sorties, maybe.

The thing is to make more loot per run, but not to make it easy cake (like kuva flood - more kuva, but harder foes, or like recent thermia fractures change).

Edit 1:

To balance:

Restrict relics quantity per mastery rank: 15 mr - allows 2 relics at once, 25 mr - 3 relics. It should solve "neophytes on +100 lvl missions" problem (they don't have that much relics anyway).

Matchmaking: host sets relics limit - if he chooses 3 then cap for whole party is 3, if 1 - then cap is 1 till the end of match (for endless missions).

Fast missions should have increased amount of enemies (fast missions only) and additional negative conditions/effects (same for endless missions).

Edited by FollowTheFaceless
  • Like 1

Wouldn't that turn Endless Fissure missions useless tho? No matter the level, people will still rush it just as fast (Powercreep went too far for level to even matter anymore unless it's over like 250 or something), so you'll basicaly get way more loot (for the time invested) than Endless Missions (which might already be the case, but surely not as significant as this would be).

I'm not against the idea. I'm just against disbalance between the two mission types.

6 minutes ago, Blade_Wolf_16 said:

Wouldn't that turn Endless Fissure missions useless tho? No matter the level, people will still rush it just as fast (Powercreep went too far for level to even matter anymore unless it's over like 250 or something), so you'll basicaly get way more loot (for the time invested) than Endless Missions (which might already be the case, but surely not as significant as this would be).

I'm not against the idea. I'm just against disbalance between the two mission types.

Make it longer (1 relic - 5 min, 2 - 7.5 min, 3 - 10 min). Enemy level grows twice as fast (or 3 times faster with 3 relics). Plus random conditions like radiation hazard :P

• Like 1

il y a 4 minutes, FollowTheFaceless a dit :

Make it longer (1 relic - 5 min, 2 - 7.5 min, 3 - 10 min). Enemy level grows twice as fast (or 3 times faster with 3 relics). Plus random conditions like radiation hazard :P

Making it longer is the opposite of what I just said. 

Also, how would it work when playing with other people? Separate games for 1-2-3 relics? Everybody is free to pick whatever and it affects the game for everyone even if somebody doesn't want to? People choose what they want each round and the lowest/majority wins?

There are many things to take in account for such a thing to be added to the game (without being broken and/or making people mad)

22 minutes ago, Blade_Wolf_16 said:

Making it longer is the opposite of what I just said. 

It should not be the faster way. I'm against any form of abuse. And it still faster than now anyway.

22 minutes ago, Blade_Wolf_16 said:

Also, how would it work when playing with other people? Separate games for 1-2-3 relics? Everybody is free to pick whatever and it affects the game for everyone even if somebody doesn't want to? People choose what they want each round and the lowest/majority wins?

If just one in team chooses 3 relics - the game will set difficulty on "3 relics" for whole team. Thou maybe host can set relics limit at the beginning for a whole match... I mean if host chooses 3 at first rotation and then whole team chooses 1 on second - the game will set difficulty on "1 relic", but after it anyone can choose 3 relics. But if host starts with 1 - it is the cap for the rest of the match.