Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Amalgam Wolf is 99.999% unkillable.

AlexanderDMoon

Me and a squad of randoms ran into him on Heiracon, Pluto where he spawned, and was level 75. We laid gunfire into him for TEN. GOD. DAMN. MINUTES. And he lost barely 1% of his HP, if even that.

He is impossible to kill, and we were forced to evac (which was almost impossible because of the convicts basically doing the equivilent of spawncamping us, and who are invincible until Wolf's dead for some f***ing reason).

• Like 5

I ran into him, admittedly solo so he was a lower level, but if I have one piece of advice, it's pack a radiation weapon. Tombfinger works well in my experience from today. If you really don't like bringing such a weapon normally, kit your Archgun out with radiation damage if you have it. Both his health and armour use the Alloy Armour calculations, so Radiation does a ton more damage than usual. +75% for both health types - not sure how that stacks up, but it hits him very hard.

No idea why it took so long for this information to come to light, but that's his weakness.

This is why you have to take ;

• Primary / Secondary weapon with crit + radiation.
  • Kavat with Sharpened Claws mod.
  • High impact melee with Shattering Impact mod. 

with you to beat him when he spawns. Fugitives are affected by any form of CC , shouldn't be hard to lock them down. All frames have many forms of CC abilities with few exceptions.

2 minutes ago, SenariousNex said:

Finally a sliver of challenge. 

It's not even challenge it's just knowing the loadout you need to kill the 1/100 spawn chance enemy that will ruin your day if you don't have the loadout to deal with him. 

• Like 33

Just now, Oreades said:

It's not even challenge it's just knowing the loadout you need to kill the 1/100 spawn chance enemy that will ruin your day if you don't have the loadout to deal with him. 

It's difficulty without challenge, provided you don't have a radiation gun.

If you do, it's actually reasonably fun. If you don't? Enjoy shooting at a brick wall for a few millenia.

• Like 10

hace 13 minutos, Aeon94 dijo:

with you to beat him when he spawns. Fugitives are affected by any form of CC , shouldn't be hard to lock them down. All frames have many forms of CC abilities with few exceptions.

That is too specific, almost as specific as bringing an Itzal to every Plains or Vallis mission... hahaha if you get what I mean, DE

EDIT, PS; I think the Wolf is just a boring damage sponge. Too boring. At least add to it some very small weak points so we have to aim there to kill him faster.

Edited by BLI7Z
  • Like 3

- INTERCEPTED TRANSMISSION - TEXT FORMAT

TO: TENNO

Dear Tenno.

it's your old creepy uncle Alad V! remember when you said that Zanuka was a pushover and killed my beloved pet thousands of times over? seriously, that's rather a rude thing to do, Imagine if I came onto YOUR ship and shot YOUR dog over and over again.. but I digress. since you clearly need something stronger to keep you in line, I caught myself a Wolf... and after seeing the fascinating stuff that the Taxmen have been doing in the Orb Vallis, I decided to run some sentient-based experiments of my own.. I hope you are as pleased with the results as I am.

consider this revenge for all the times you made my poor Zanuka suffer. you were having problems with this brute, so I'm told. I decided to help... help him, not you. Project Amalgam is already going rather well, especially with no Tenno jumping around slaughtering my men. oh, and if you think the Wolf is a bit more interesting now, you should wait and see what else i have in store for you later on. but for now..the Wolf wants to play with you..

kind regards,

Alad V.

P.S. we just got some Roombas to keep the new place clean, so please don't shoot them, they can't hurt you after all. unless sparklingly clean floors happen to be your true weakness!

Edited by (PS4)robotwars7
  • Like 3

20 minutes ago, Aeon94 said:

Stripping his armor causes you to deal less damage overall, but you can strip 90% with shattering impact and then stop. Reason for this is his armor and helath both being Alloy. Using radiation ignores 75% of the armor and deals 75% bonus damage for each of those two.

Pretty much. Doesn't help with how utterly terrible high rate of fire/low damage per shot weapons seem to be against him. So the only real way to deal with him is to /always/ run with a kavat and a high damage single shot weapon modded for crit and radiation because you never know when he will spawn and ruin your mission.

In all seriousness he should have been either on his own node or as an alert so that people going in can at least be prepared to fight him rather than him showing up randomly. Any enemy that does spawn in randomly like him shouldn't require specialized gear to defeat. An alternative to his current armor would be to remove it and just ramp his hp up to what the effective hp is now, then make him partially vulnerable to status effects. Basically with that he would remain as he is. Giving some immunity to staggers, viral and such, should also keep the status stuff from just vaporizing him instantly or chain stunning him to death. 

If something like that was done it would at least allow whatever weapons people have when he shows up to be effective.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Loza03 said:

It's difficulty without challenge, provided you don't have a radiation gun.

If you do, it's actually reasonably fun. If you don't? Enjoy shooting at a brick wall for a few millenia.

More like if you do its like shooting a brick wall with a cannon and if you don't its like shooting a brick wall with a BB gun.

Seriously the only thing I have that can deal even remotely enough damage to him is a Rubico Prime, and unlike these people saying "He dies in 45 seconds" I don't have a riven or primed mods.

1 hour ago, Zilchy said:

Doesn't take 10 minutes. Level 60, dead in 45 seconds. He moved around a lot and my aim was bad or it would've been less.

Did not know you could remove his armor neet.

though If geared right he’ll die in seconds the problem pops up when you don’t have a gun ready.

im sure Lanka well pop him fast if you just happen to have it equipped.

4 minutes ago, BDMblue said:

Did not know you could remove his armor neet.

though If geared right he’ll die in seconds the problem pops up when you don’t have a gun ready.

im sure Lanka well pop him fast if you just happen to have it equipped.

yeh if you mod it for radiation like in eidolons it'll drop him. Kitty scratches his armour off in 1 go. People always forget that if they're levelling a weapon, they can equip a strong archgun modded for radiation and break it out if he shows up. If he doesn't show up, you won't have affinity going to the unused archgun. Rubico just happens to be my go to primary so I guess I'm lucky :/

Edited by Zilchy

If the "new" wolf is the same as the old one stripping his armor is a waste of your time. Under his armor is... more armor. The only reasonable way to beat him is to use loads of radiation damage and team ammo restores. I've killed about 15 or so times now and that has been the only reliable method.

I do not enjoy having to bring a load out every mission just because this nozzle has a small chance of appearing. It's beyond annoying.

I appreciate that DE has tried to make an interesting and challenging event for us. But this fight is nothing short of tedious.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BeldarTheBrave said:

If the "new" wolf is the same as the old one stripping his armor is a waste of your time. Under his armor is... more armor. The only reasonable way to beat him is to use loads of radiation damage and team ammo restores. I've killed about 15 or so times now and that has been the only reliable method.

I do not enjoy having to bring a load out every mission just because this nozzle has a small chance of appearing. It's beyond annoying.

I appreciate that DE has tried to make an interesting and challenging event for us. But this fight is nothing short of tedious.

That's not correct because the thing is he has 2 armour values. The outside armour, the one you can rip off him, is 1500. The inside armour value which is essentially his flesh, is only 200. So if you want to shoot through extra armour go ahead but I'd rather shoot through 200, not 1700.

Just now, Zilchy said:

That's not correct because the thing is he has 2 armour values. The outside armour, the one you can rip off him, is 1500. The inside armour value which is essentially his flesh, is only 200. So if you want to shoot through extra armour go ahead but I'd rather shoot through 200, not 1700.

You may be correct, but I haven't had it make any real difference in damage when I've tried. His damage reduction is so high that when his health is yellow I can do 1.9k damage with Arca Plasmor and when his health is red I might do 2k or so. In my experience it simply isn't worth the effort. Brute forcing with sheer volume of fire is the only thing I've found to work.

1 minute ago, BeldarTheBrave said:

You may be correct, but I haven't had it make any real difference in damage when I've tried. His damage reduction is so high that when his health is yellow I can do 1.9k damage with Arca Plasmor and when his health is red I might do 2k or so. In my experience it simply isn't worth the effort. Brute forcing with sheer volume of fire is the only thing I've found to work.

Well as long as he still dies I suppose :) I 2 shot him with Rubico one time after his armour was stripped. Got a lucky red crit that took 70% of his health in 1 go.

Edited by Zilchy

if I was in extermination in lua when the wolf appeared I with the revenat used the ability to temporarily stop the secuases that with napalm were laying us down at the end eventually I went ahead in the extermination and died giving an advantage of land so that my squadron I could escape by finishing the mission