Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Amalgam Wolf is 99.999% unkillable.

AlexanderDMoon

4 minutes ago, Zilchy said:

Well as long as he still dies I suppose 🙂 I 2 shot him with Rubico one time after his armour was stripped. Got a lucky red crit that took 70% of his health in 1 go.

That very much depends on what level he spawns at. I don't have all the mods needed to make it happen, but I was playing with a MR26 guy who had a Rubico he used for Eidolons with him on Hydron. He said he can 2 shot most Eidolons with it and it took him almost his entire ammo supply to bring the wolf down. We had three people running corrosive projection and I was using Coaction Drift also.

I have fought him when he spawned in at level 41 on Helene. We killed him in only about 5 or 6 minutes there without even stripping his armor. It was a much lower power player group too.

• Like 1

Just now, BeldarTheBrave said:

That very much depends on what level he spawns at. I don't have all the mods needed to make it happen, but I was playing with a MR26 guy who had a Rubico he used for Eidolons with him on Hydron. He said he can 2 shot most Eidolons with it and it took him almost his entire ammo supply to bring the wolf down. We had three people running corrosive projection and I was using Coaction Drift also.

I have fought him when he spawned in at level 41 on Helene. We killed him in only about 5 or 6 minutes there without even stripping his armor. It was a much lower power player group too.

I had him spawn at level 30 and dropped him in 2 shots with Rubico. In that vid it took a bit longer but I didn't have the best setup on that rubico, I had primed cryo rounds instead of hellfire so less radiation damage which is very telling. I usually kill him in a few clips. Headshots matter a lot.

22 minutes ago, Zilchy said:

yeh if you mod it for radiation like in eidolons it'll drop him. Kitty scratches his armour off in 1 go. People always forget that if they're levelling a weapon, they can equip a strong archgun modded for radiation and break it out if he shows up. If he doesn't show up, you won't have affinity going to the unused archgun. Rubico just happens to be my go to primary so I guess I'm lucky 😕

Everyone is forgetting that once again...
Not everyone has a Kavat…even if...
7b2618f0427ed98e7156b16ee27351485ae36f7b

(I couldn't resist...)

The bottomline here is that not everyone owns the gear to deal with him.
Additionally, the replies are always: "Take ___, use ___, & he goes down easy."

Folks (us Vets) keep overlooking that we keep recommending specific builds & loudouts for an enemy that has a 1/100 chance of spawning.
So...basically, play the game wrong (Don't mod for the actual enemy of the mission) just in case he spawns.
Essentially gear a specific way out of fear of him spawning.

Don't level gear. Gear for Wolf instead.
Only level 1 thing. Everything else needs to be built for the off chance Wolf actually spawns.

It's not good advice in the long run. He's a badly designed  encounter. That's the cold hard truth of it.
He shouldn't be Stalker easy, hell Stalker shouldn't be Stalker Easy.
But he is overkill.
BTW, I just hate how some Grineer prisoner is tougher than Stalker, G3, Zanuka, mother fu(censored)ing Sentients, Kela de Thaym, and Eidolons.
It's really sad. Apparently in the Warframe universe...prison REALLY toughens you up.

I've yet to encounter Amalgam Wolf so...*shrug* I can't speak for him.
I know that I keep my Cat with me because I never want a hydron group again where we spend 20 minutes killing him. (I was powerleveling 1 weapon so I brought only 1 weapon. No Pets, nothing but that 1 weapon.)

Edited by (PS4)Zero_029

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Zero_029 said:

Everyone is forgetting that once again...
Not everyone has a Kavat…even if...
7b2618f0427ed98e7156b16ee27351485ae36f7b

(I couldn't resist...)

The bottomline here is that not everyone HAS the gear to deal with him. Additionally, the replies are always: "Take ___, use ___, & he's fine."
Folks (us Vets) keep overlooking that we keep recommending specific builds & loudouts for an enemy that has a 1/100 chance of spawning.
So...basically, play the game wrong (Don't mod for the actual enemy of the mission) just in case he spawns.

It's not good advice in the long run. He's a badly designed  encounter. That's the cold hard truth of it.
But he is overkill.
BTW, I just hate how some Grineer prisoner is tougher than Stalker, G3, Zanuka, mother fu(censored)ing Sentients, Kela de Thaym, and Eidolons.
It's really sad. Apparently in the Warframe universe...prison REALLY toughens you up.

I know that I keep my Cat with me because I never want a hydron group again where we spend 20 minutes killing him. (I was powerleveling 1 weapon so I brought only 1 weapon. No Pets, nothing but that 1 weapon.)

Nice pic 😄
Tbh I don't think it's a bad thing to have an enemy that not everybody can easily defeat, there's no reason he needs to be an easy kill for everyone. For a geared player he's dead easy and anybody can equip shattering impact on a melee weapon if they don't have a cat.

Edit: While I was typing to you, I got killed by Stalker spawning lol, that'll teach me to farm IO and use forums 😄

Edited by Zilchy

1 minute ago, Zilchy said:

Nice pic 😄
Tbh I don't think it's a bad thing to have an enemy that not everybody can easily defeat, there's no reason he needs to be an easy kill for everyone. For a geared player he's dead easy and anybody can equip shattering impact on a melee weapon if they don't have a cat.

I'm not saying he needs to be easy. I'm saying he needs to be better designed.
Players shouldn't have to gear solely for him. I get that DE doesn't want him downed in seconds.

But he should not take nearly a half hour for regular "groups" of players to down.

Edited by (PS4)Zero_029

Just now, (PS4)Zero_029 said:

I'm not saying he needs to be easy. I'm saying he needs to be better designed.
Players shouldn't have to gear solely for him.

Well they don't have to, they can bring their archgun which I'll bet most people forget exists, modded for radiation and keep their normal setup. Adding shattering impact to a melee weapon is hardly a big ask. It's like Stalker before we got operator mode, you either bring a weapon to deal with him when levelling or get ready to get wrecked.

Well they don't have to, they can bring their archgun which I'll bet most people forget exists, modded for radiation and keep their normal setup. Adding shattering impact to a melee weapon is hardly a big ask. It's like Stalker before we got operator mode, you either bring a weapon to deal with him when levelling or get ready to get wrecked.

To bring an Archgun you have to be Old Mate with Fortuna, and have done the Profit Taker bounties.

Not many people are Old Mate (some refuse to get it because well...you know).

So now the advice is:
1. Go grind out all the ranks with Fortuna
2. Now complete the first few Profit Taker Bounties (which are tougher than Sorties apparently??)
(Remember The Archgun summon must be unlocked via bounties)
3. Now then Potato & Forma an Archgun so you can mod it for Radiation dmg.
4. Now you have a trump card for Wolf.

That's asking a lot.

5 minutes ago, Zilchy said:

It's like Stalker before we got operator mode, you either bring a weapon to deal with him when levelling or get ready to get wrecked. 

And now we don't have to, because after Second Dream, the guy decided that having a strong ranged weapon is for losers or something, and goes off to mainly run at you.

8 minutes ago, (PS4)Zero_029 said:

The bottomline here is that not everyone owns the gear to deal with him.
Additionally, the replies are always: "Take ___, use ___, & he goes down easy."

Don't level gear. Gear for Wolf instead.
Only level 1 thing. Everything else needs to be built for the off chance Wolf actually spawns.

But he is overkill.

...I'd mail you a basket of roses and chocolate if I could. Thank you for posting this.

That is exactly the issue I've been talking about and how/why the Wolf is such a bad boss (especially as an INVADER) and framed in a very clear-cut way that also shows the community response issues as well.

Just now, Renegade343 said:

And now we don't have to, because after Second Dream, the guy decided that having a strong ranged weapon is for losers or something, and goes off to mainly run at you.

I know right? He used to be downright scary even for an experienced player if he caught you with your pants down. 

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Zero_029 said:

To bring an Archgun you have to be Old Mate with Fortuna, and have done the Profit Taker bounties.

Not many people are Old Mate (some refuse to get it because well...you know).

So now the advice is:
1. Go grind out all the ranks with Fortuna
2. Now complete the first few Profit Taker Bounties (which are tougher than Sorties apparently??)
(Remember The Archgun summon must be unlocked via bounties)
3. Now then Potato & Forma an Archgun so you can mod it for Radiation dmg.
4. Now you have a trump card for Wolf.

That's asking a lot.

Well again I just don't feel like he's supposed to be easy for new players and I applaud DE for making a random assassin that actually provides a fight. When I was but a young tenno I used to get my ass handed to me by stalker before I levelled up a bit and got decent weaponry. The same applies here.

2 minutes ago, Zilchy said:

I know right? He used to be downright scary even for an experienced player if he caught you with your pants down. 

Yeah, the only thing Second Dream Stalker has that's even remotely scary is the damage adaptation, and that quickly turns into 'I didn't diversify my damage types, guess I'll kite him and chip his health until he's had enough.' if you're unprepared.

1 minute ago, Renegade343 said:

Yeah, the only thing Second Dream Stalker has that's even remotely scary is the damage adaptation, and that quickly turns into 'I didn't diversify my damage types, guess I'll kite him and chip his health until he's had enough.' if you're unprepared.

Or just kill him with Operator... I don't even use non-Amp weapon on him anymore.

1 hour ago, (XB1)GorgonKratos97 said:

I feel like the mentality that if not everyone can defeat him make him easier rather than think I should get stronger to take him down is a bad precedent to set. Just my opinion.

"Getting stronger" isn't viable for new players. Yes, vets can build tricked out radiation rubico primes, sure. For a new player their best weapon is gonna be... what? Maybe they'll have something approaching good, but maybe not, and they almost certainly won't have the mods to build the most meta setup. Archguns are right out for a new player, simply because those are buried under having maxed out SU rep, and there's not a single indication about that in the game at all. At least Stalker has the decency to not get damage resistances till after 2nd dream, when everyone has the tools to handle him.  

1 minute ago, Renegade343 said:

Since operator he's a joke, he spawned at level 80 for me in a flood the other day. Died in about 6 shots from my operator while I was immune in void mode... he needs a rework to go back to being a dread wielding psycopath with frighteningly good aim.

Since operator he's a joke, he spawned at level 80 for me in a flood the other day. Died in about 6 shots from my operator while I was immune in void mode... he needs a rework to go back to being a dread wielding psycopath with frighteningly good aim.

I'll try that one day. Still funny that he doesn't block the barrage of bullets you may decide to load into him, and just eats it. Maybe he's a glutton for punishment now.

I really hope the Wolf becomes a normal boss after the season ends, and stops with this random spawn nonsense. Then I can proceed to ignore him most of the time like every other stupid bullet sponge fight in this game. And I can finally start using a primary weapon that I enjoy using again, instead of having to sacrifice the slot for my "just in case" Rubico Prime.

Having to bring one specific piece of gear to every single mission because of a random wall of armor that may not even show up is just plain BS.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Paradoxity said:

"Getting stronger" isn't viable for new players. Yes, vets can build tricked out radiation rubico primes, sure. For a new player their best weapon is gonna be... what? Maybe they'll have something approaching good, but maybe not, and they almost certainly won't have the mods to build the most meta setup. Archguns are right out for a new player, simply because those are buried under having maxed out SU rep, and there's not a single indication about that in the game at all. At least Stalker has the decency to not get damage resistances till after 2nd dream, when everyone has the tools to handle him.  

Really not seeing a problem with this other than new players expecting to be able to beat a rare assassin spawn right off the bat. I never could do that with stalker, he just wrecked me until I progressed further in the game. That's not a bad thing, that's progression.

43 minutes ago, Zilchy said:

yeh if you mod it for radiation like in eidolons it'll drop him. Kitty scratches his armour off in 1 go. People always forget that if they're levelling a weapon, they can equip a strong archgun modded for radiation and break it out if he shows up. If he doesn't show up, you won't have affinity going to the unused archgun. Rubico just happens to be my go to primary so I guess I'm lucky 😕

Is he weak to rad with 0 armor. Eidolon armor changes if they get reduced to 0 and are no longer weak to rad. 

Im sure 0 armor won’t matter but still. I might just take out my Kitty again, though the dog is more fun.

1 minute ago, Teljaxx said:

I really hope the Wolf becomes a normal boss after the season ends, and stops with this random spawn nonsense. Then I can proceed to ignore him most of the time like every other stupid bullet sponge fight in this game. And I can finally start using a primary weapon that I enjoy using again, instead of having to sacrifice the slot for my "just in case" Rubico Prime.

Having to bring one specific piece of gear to every single mission because of a random wall of armor that may not even show up is just plain BS.

What's your standard loadout?

1 minute ago, BDMblue said:

Is he weak to rad with 0 armor. Eidolon armor changes if they get reduced to 0 and are no longer weak to rad. 

Im sure 0 armor won’t matter but still. I might just take out my Kitty again, though the dog is more fun.

Yes because he has alloy armour for both his armour and his flesh. So you strip off 1500 alloy armour, then you're hitting radiation damage on his remaining 200 alloy armour. Check it in the codex if you have him scanned.

Edited by Zilchy

4 minutes ago, Zilchy said:

What's your standard loadout?

I don't normally have a standard loadout. I normally use all kinds of different setups, depending on what I am doing at the time. I actually never even use loadout slots because I vary my gear so much.

And this is the problem I have with the Wolf. He basically forces me to keep at least part of my loadout the same all the time, just in case he shows up. I don't particularly enjoy how the Rubico Prime works, I don't like snipers in general, but it just so happens that it is the best weapon that I have for killing the Wolf. So instead of being able to use all the other fun guns that I have, I need to keep one that I don't like with me at all times. Either that, or just accept that if the Wolf does show up when I don't have my Rubico Prime with me, I get to shoot him for a stupidly long time.

One of Warframe's greatest strengths is the variety and diversity of its weapons. And enemies like the Wolf make it much harder to enjoy that variety.