Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Amalgam Wolf is 99.999% unkillable.

AlexanderDMoon

My problem is that in all the time nightwAve has been going on I have seen him 3 or 4 times,none in the last 2 or so weeks.

As a ocd collection player. I don't mind if something takes me time... as long as I'm making progress... I do mind time sinking on the hope that suddenly something might happen that might progress me.

I guess my issue is right now it just feels like none content. If the rng is that crazy on him spawning with no way to influence it, then it might as well not be a thing given the potential near 150-200spawn with bad luck to get the drops

13 hours ago, Aeon94 said:

This is why you have to take ;

• Primary / Secondary weapon with crit + radiation.
  • Kavat with Sharpened Claws mod.
  • High impact melee with Shattering Impact mod. 

with you to beat him when he spawns. Fugitives are affected by any form of CC , shouldn't be hard to lock them down. All frames have many forms of CC abilities with few exceptions.

Actually, the amount of armor reduction per hit from Shattering Impact is independent of the amount of Impact damage inflicted. My Zaw only has 11 Impact damage, but it will completely strip the armor from a lvl 160 Nox in 9 hits, same as Bo Prime. This is why Sarpa + Shattering Impact is one of the best armor stripping weapons in the game.

From my testing, as long as the weapon has Impact damage, the number of hits to remove armor will be the same.

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Shattering_Impact

14 hours ago, SenariousNex said:

Finally a sliver of challenge. 

Bullet sponges are challenges?

This is the sort of garbage that shows up in a game when the deves start listening the the All Important Digital Fighting Elite (*lighting strikes and hot pockets fall form the sky*)  You end up with poorly designed encounters that screw over everyone but the loudest screeching minority demanding special attention.

Edited by Highlord83

Hey guys, just came back from a Wolf encounter.

We had an Atlas stand still and take hits from Wolf while everyone just shot him in the face non-stop until they ran out of ammo. Then someone spammed ammo pizzas and we kept shooting again.

Took us about 9 minutes of non-stop bullets to kill him. He dropped Fever Strike.

Wolf managed to put a Titania in a bleedout state once, otherwise nobody really got hurt.

Edited by VentiGlondi
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, Highlord83 said:

Bullet sponges are challenges?

This is the sort of garbage that shows up in a game when the deves start listening the the All Important Digital Fighting Elite (*lighting strikes and hot pockets fall form the sky*)  You end up with poorly designed encounters that screw over everyone but the loudest screeching minority demanding special attention.

That's why I said a sliver of a challenge. If it were me, I would dial Wolf's damage, speed and EHP a lot higher. Not everything needs to be easy mode dying in 1 hit. 

Edited by SenariousNex

4 minutes ago, SenariousNex said:

Not everything needs to be easy mode dying in 1 hit. 

What's up with y'all bringing up 1 hit as an argument.

Why can't things take a reasonable amount of hits to kill?

Not 1 hit, not 10 minutes of constant artillery barrage.

Why is there never a middle ground?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ABalazs said:

I had one game where I leveled up some frame when I got the stalker, and than the wolf a minute later. I had no chance, the game just killed me 2 times without any chance. I am pretty low level anyways, and the game forces me to lurk on low level missions with a single weapon, then slaughters me regularly, because... reasons. I guess nobody wants to easy mode everything, but randomly drop an invincible enemy on low level solo grinding players heads is intentional humiliation. I can translate this as a message from the developers: "We don't want u to have fun with this game." This is cristal clear I guess.

Hilariously I had a solo kuva flood mobile defense where I star5ed hacking the consoleN Stalker spawned at lvl 80, then wolf at the same time at lvl 60.  I killed stalker and he dropped the smoking ephemera, killed Wolf and got nothing then a Kuva guardian 1 shot the damn terminal for an instant mission failed, rip the ephemera 😕

20 minutes ago, VentiGlondi said:

Because compromises can't exist ever.

Everything has to be disgustingly hard or else it is baby mode easy and there is no in-between whatsoever.

Spoiler

/Sarcasm

34 minutes ago, VentiGlondi said:

because weapon DPS is REALLY REALLY different for each weapons, i guess.

If you can kill something with braton, they would get oneshotted by rubico.

I wrote this in another thread. Three easy steps to not worry about Wolf.

1. Bring a Kavat for armor removal with sharpened claws. Or if you dont have one/leveling a sentinel, bring a melee weapon with some impact damage on it and shattering impact.

2. If you are leveling weapons do so with (Umbra)Excal. Just slap the Chromatic Blade augment on him and mod for radiation. Titania works for this aswell, but you need to wait for the Kavat to strip Wolf's armor before going into Razorwing mode, otherwise the kitten will go passive mode and do nothing.

3. If you are leveling frames you should bring a weapon loadout that can handle Wolf. There are plenty of options for it. Just make sure to go as heavy as possible on radiation and crit stats since Wolfie is immune to status effects.

There is zero reason to fail to include either of the 3 options presented above.

1 hour ago, VentiGlondi said:

Because anything that isn't tuned to a million dps, max-geared meta spammer playing by spreadsheet with a real-time epeen measurememt system is automatically easy mode and causes whole forum and reddit pages to be filled with the whines of "veteran players" and The All Important Digital Fighting Elite (*lightning strikes and Monster bubbles up from the ground*) saying things are too easy and DE is punishing vets, ect.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zilchy said:

Hilariously...

Ok, I can and will worship you as a god, but this does not changes anything about the original problem. If a challenge seems impossible from a newish player's standpoint and barely a challenge for the advanced one, than that... does not seems to fulfill its purpose perfectly.

16 hours ago, AlexanderDMoon said:

Me and a squad of randoms ran into him on Heiracon, Pluto where he spawned, and was level 75. We laid gunfire into him for TEN. GOD. DAMN. MINUTES. And he lost barely 1% of his HP, if even that.

He is impossible to kill, and we were forced to evac (which was almost impossible because of the convicts basically doing the equivilent of spawncamping us, and who are invincible until Wolf's dead for some f***ing reason).

Bro, I soloed him with a Blast Ignis and an Ocucor with a full fireteam you should've killed him.

6 minutes ago, ABalazs said:

Ok, I can and will worship you as a god, but this does not changes anything about the original problem. If a challenge seems impossible from a newish player's standpoint and barely a challenge for the advanced one, than that... does not seems to fulfill its purpose perfectly.

Hey man anything that threatens me losing a mission is A-OK in my books because I relish a challenge and warframe is bad at delivering them. You may not think it right now but once you're powered up you'll find enemies die to a light sneeze and become boring and anything that offers an actual challenge will become worthwhile.

16 hours ago, Loza03 said:

I ran into him, admittedly solo so he was a lower level, but if I have one piece of advice, it's pack a radiation weapon. Tombfinger works well in my experience from today. If you really don't like bringing such a weapon normally, kit your Archgun out with radiation damage if you have it. Both his health and armour use the Alloy Armour calculations, so Radiation does a ton more damage than usual. +75% for both health types - not sure how that stacks up, but it hits him very hard.

No idea why it took so long for this information to come to light, but that's his weakness.

Wish I'd thought about my archgun when I ran into him solo

3 minutes ago, Zilchy said:

Hey man anything that threatens me losing a mission is A-OK in my books because I relish a challenge and warframe is bad at delivering them. You may not think it right now but once you're powered up you'll find enemies die to a light sneeze and become boring and anything that offers an actual challenge will become worthwhile.

For me these assassin encounters are not challenges, just harrassment from the game. I feel myself helpless, like if RNGesus happens to decide against me, I wlii die. If the timing is wrong, I can lose the mission as well, but not because i am not willing to fight. This is really annoying, and as I see here, not only for me. I don't know if you can understand this...

3 hours ago, VentiGlondi said:

Because with exponential damage scaling needs to come exponential ehp, balancing the two against the player power is impossible. Imagine if WoW had 10 thousand levels instead of 120, and every zone you enter would be either too weak or too strong for you. 

50 minutes ago, ABalazs said:

For me these assassin encounters are not challenges, just harrassment from the game. I feel myself helpless, like if RNGesus happens to decide against me, I wlii die. If the timing is wrong, I can lose the mission as well, but not because i am not willing to fight. This is really annoying, and as I see here, not only for me. I don't know if you can understand this...

I dealt with the same feeling during Stalker when he was actually scary and I was a little newbie. But I didn't hate it, I relished the challenge instead.

Ive run into him multiple times over the last few days on hydron, while leveling trash weapons. He is much easier to kill solo, but in a team, hes much harder to kill. I even fought him with my Rubico eidolon sniper, and at level 70 and in a team of 4, it barely did more damage then my corinth. He moves around alot in a group setting, so lining up headshots when hes aggrod on someone else is difficult. While yes, hes super easy to kill while playing solo, and having all of the necessary gear to strip his armor, hes a monster in a group. Ive killed him multiple times with Nyx mind you, and the only time I ever got downed was because of the bs fire bombs, and the slash thing he seems to do which one shots most frames. 

Edited by Vanilla_nuka

2 hours ago, (XB1)RevenantRequiem said:

Wish I'd thought about my archgun when I ran into him solo

I have an imperator vandal, modded specifically for radiation and crit, and it tickles sentient wolf while in a group, but absolutely slaughters jordas golem and the profit taker when I mod for them

Edited by Vanilla_nuka

4 hours ago, VentiGlondi said:

Hey guys, just came back from a Wolf encounter.

We had an Atlas stand still and take hits from Wolf while everyone just shot him in the face non-stop until they ran out of ammo. Then someone spammed ammo pizzas and we kept shooting again.

Took us about 9 minutes of non-stop bullets to kill him. He dropped Fever Strike.

Wolf managed to put a Titania in a bleedout state once, otherwise nobody really got hurt.

That’s the thing - he can’t actually hurt anyone; he just eats bullets and spins in a circle. 

Top-shelf boss design there. 

• Like 1