Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Amalgam Wolf is 99.999% unkillable.

AlexanderDMoon

21 hours ago, AlexanderDMoon said:

Me and a squad of randoms ran into him on Heiracon, Pluto where he spawned, and was level 75. We laid gunfire into him for TEN. GOD. DAMN. MINUTES. And he lost barely 1% of his HP, if even that.

He is impossible to kill, and we were forced to evac (which was almost impossible because of the convicts basically doing the equivilent of spawncamping us, and who are invincible until Wolf's dead for some f***ing reason).

Radiation and  Crit.  Or straight Damage.

He is immune to Status and his Ehp is ridiculous.  So you need the radiation multiplier and high damage numbers with whatever multipliers you can muster against his armor.

Lanka (pure radiation).  Rubico.  Opticor (Standard).  Shotties.

Have a Volt Throw up some shields for +Crit.

Go Chroma with Duration and Intensity.

11 hours ago, ABalazs said:

For me these assassin encounters are not challenges, just harrassment from the game. I feel myself helpless, like if RNGesus happens to decide against me, I wlii die. If the timing is wrong, I can lose the mission as well, but not because i am not willing to fight. This is really annoying, and as I see here, not only for me. I don't know if you can understand this...

Here's the other thing man, you CAN kill him. If you're saying you can't build a normal Rubico(BP available in market and using easy materials) locked at mastery 6, I call BS. If you can't mod it with normal mods, not primes ie serration, vital sense, split chamber etc, I call BS. If you don't have a kavat available you can equip the easy to get mod shattering impact which you probably already have, on to an impact based melee weapon and strip his armour in seconds. If you can't do that I call BS. Stripping armour is part and parcel of the game anyway, usually we use 4 CP auras but learning to use corrosive status or armour stripping mods on kitty or melee weapons is part of the game, it is shame he is immune to status but just work around it. That Rubico will kill him without any riven, without any primed mods, just some effort put in to forma it. There's many other guns that will do the job, this is just the best in slot one. You can do all that, you can kill the Wolf, you simply choose not to. And that's on you, not the game. Good luck in your next Wolf hunt with these tips.

Edited by Zilchy

On 2019-04-12 at 5:10 PM, BLI7Z said:

EDIT, PS; I think the Wolf is just a boring damage sponge. Too boring. At least add to it some very small weak points so we have to aim there to kill him faster.

It would be cool if DE added some other mechanics like meleeing him or shooting a weak spot while he charges to stun him into some kind of armour debuff for a period of time. 

Battling The Wolf might start to feel like fighting a Lionel in Breath of the wild. 

It would hilarious to me if these secret mechanics were already and just no one thought to try it!

Edited by (NSW)Sk0rp1on
Bad spell check

3 minutes ago, (NSW)Sk0rp1on said:

It would be cool if DE added some other mechanics like meleeing him or shooting a weak spot while he charges to stun him into some kind of armour debuff for a period of time. 

Battling The Wolf might start to feel like fighting a Lionel in Breath of the wild. 

It would hilarious to me if these secret mechanics were already and just no one thought to try it!

For what it's worth, I've pumped a good quantity of bullets into Wolf's various body parts without change beyond the health bar decreasing,  so just shooting a part of him isn't the answer.

5 hours ago, Zilchy said:

And that's on you, not the game.

Sure. I will not gear myself for a random encounter. If I have to level a weapon or frame, I will gear myself for that and not for a 2-3% chance event. There are multiple type of random assassins in this game, designed to make the player just die. Like the Stalker, the syndicate squads AND the Wolf. If u gear yourself against all of them, you have to slow down your own progress. Just not worth it. If these are the choices, I'd rather die one more time and grind more effectively. But this is an unpleasant experience non the less, and not really a challenge. Just bad game design in my opinion.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, ABalazs said:

Sure. I will not gear myself for a random encounter. If I have to level a weapon or frame, I will gear myself for that and not for a 2-3% chance event. There are multiple type of random assassins in this game, designed to make the player just die. Like the Stalker, the syndicate squads AND the Wolf. If u gear yourself against all of them, you have to slow down your own progress. Just not worth it. If these are the choices, I'd rather die one more time and grind more effectively. But this is an unpleasant experience non the less, and not really a challenge. Just bad game design in my opinion.

I understand mate, I just thought I'd offer a way you can kill him comfortably. Play how you want to of course.

10 minutes ago, ABalazs said:

You dont have to level every slot all the time.

There is either a free frame slot, a weapon slot or a companion slot to solve these issues. That is 1 out of 5 possible loadout choices you can dedicate to a possible encounter. 

17 hours ago, Ham_Grenabe said:

That’s the thing - he can’t actually hurt anyone; he just eats bullets and spins in a circle. 

Top-shelf boss design there. 

Yeah, the wolf himself isn't particularly dangerous. His buddies on the other hand (unless someone can cc them)..

I met him a couple of times when doing invasion survival for the invasion challenge while at the same time leveling equinox prime. For some odd reason I got the wolf 4 times out of 5 during those invasions.

On 2019-04-12 at 7:58 PM, Aeon94 said:

This is why you have to take ;

• Primary / Secondary weapon with crit + radiation.
  • Kavat with Sharpened Claws mod.
  • High impact melee with Shattering Impact mod. 

with you to beat him when he spawns. Fugitives are affected by any form of CC , shouldn't be hard to lock them down. All frames have many forms of CC abilities with few exceptions.

Alternatively, run away.  The pack is slow and has horrible AI.  Wolf will pull a Stalker and just teleport to you.

7 hours ago, (NSW)Sk0rp1on said:

Oh it's been tried. Headshots, shooting his backpack, aiming for his 1 exposed eye (pre-amalgam), etc.

Nothing. I tried to riposte his spinning charge, and hammer throws too.

No secret mechanics.

Looking at a lot of comments. I wonder if it'd be a crime to play risky & have some sort of backup arsenal/loudout that players could swap to mid-mission on a 10minute cooldown (to prevent abuse).

Then players actually could play the game normally and have Wolf not be the gameplay ruining experience.

Not every team will have CC, not every team will have a volt, not everyone has (or likes using) Kavats, & many players dislike having to put progression on hold for a random boss.

If next Nightwave has a RNG spawn like wolf should they put progression on hold for rare times that boss spawns too? If so when does someone progress?

Next nightwave's boss better not have crap loot. At this point DE should just make Wolf drop "Wolf Turds". At least it'd be unique vs the mods & planet resources he keeps dropping.

He is killable, just a huge bullet sponge without the right weapons, which wouldn't be a problem if you could "choose" to fight him.

The problem? He's a freaking  field boss, you can't know in advance you're gonna run into him and because of how field bosses work, most of the time you're gonna run into him while leveling your weapons or frames.

I've run into him 3 times, all on Hydron, twice it was a wipe and everyone left. The one time we managed to kill him it took about 10 minutes and he didn't drop jack just to add insult to injury...

This is the worst designed boss in the game at the moment, because in order to defeat him you have to carry a radiation weapon with you at all times, this slows down leveling weapons by forcing you to have a second fully built weapon with radiation just in case he shows up. This cuts exp for the weapon you're leveling, that's just stupid.

I wouldn't mind a tough boss fight, but not at random! Not when I'm doing something else, not when I'm leveling stuff and I'm nowhere near equipped to handle him,

I can solo hunt a Teralyst no problem, but if it showed at random when I have nothing that can effectively kill it? That would be dumb and yet that is what we have now with Sentient Wolf, it needs fixing.

• Like 1

On 2019-04-12 at 6:47 PM, AlexanderDMoon said:

Me and a squad of randoms ran into him on Heiracon, Pluto where he spawned, and was level 75. We laid gunfire into him for TEN. GOD. DAMN. MINUTES. And he lost barely 1% of his HP, if even that.

He is impossible to kill, and we were forced to evac (which was almost impossible because of the convicts basically doing the equivilent of spawncamping us, and who are invincible until Wolf's dead for some f***ing reason).

Bring Garuda, Dread Mirror on his minions, make an altar of one or two of them, keep leaping onto the other, get more energy, rinse and repeat, they are immortal and provide 2 million damage on Dread Heart per leap more or less, then charge up and release Dread Heart for 20+ million damage on Wolf, it may take 2-3 fully charged hearts but it will take you less than 2 minutes to kill him, enjoy until that one developer gets mad and nerfs Garuda.

3 minutes ago, VanFanel1980mx said:

Bring Garuda, Dread Mirror on his minions, make an altar of one or two of them, keep leaping onto the other, get more energy, rinse and repeat, they are immortal and provide 2 million damage on Dread Heart per leap more or less, then charge up and release Dread Heart for 20+ million damage on Wolf, it may take 2-3 fully charged hearts but it will take you less than 2 minutes to kill him, enjoy until that one developer gets mad and nerfs Garuda.

There are plenty of strats on beating him. And every single one has the same flaw.

"They small have the player playing or completed geared for The Wolf but nothing else.

Don't do the defense as frost/limbo/gara. Bring Garuda just in case the planets align & Wolf should happen to spawn.

Don't level your weapons, come geared for Wolf.

If Wolf was a guaranteed spawn or a boss fight node. Then all these strategies would be flawless.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)Zero_029 said:

There are plenty of strats on beating him. And every single one has the same flaw.

"They small have the player playing or completed geared for The Wolf but nothing else.

Don't do the defense as frost/limbo/gara. Bring Garuda just in case the planets align & Wolf should happen to spawn.

If Wolf was a guaranteed spawn or a boss fight node. Then all these strategies would be flawless.

That's a bit of an overreaction. It's not like you can't use any frame to beat any mission type unless you plan to stay past at least an hour.

1 minute ago, (PS4)Zero_029 said:

Exactly, if the only way to counter a random field boss is to not be geared for the mission you're doing but being geared specifically for the field boss, you have a design problem on your hands...

No... You don't need to go running around with a Rubico Prime. Just grab that Opticor Vandal from filling fractures and bring that on every mission. It's a more practical weapon for any mission than a sniper. Put Shattering Impact on your favorite melee... Doesn't matter which melee. Just have it. Lastly, be sure to play with something like a Revenant or Nyx.

That's all you really need. Just did a T4 void capture and we downed the level 65 Wolf or whatever the new cap is in about 5 minutes. I got my Opticor Vandal with radiation, shattering Impact on Tatsu (I use Berserker and Gladiator Vice for IAS to put the Shattering Impact on him faster), and I only really play Revenant in those +200% damage void missions... so... easy CC on the prisoners while we all focus on Wolf.

Just now, Zilchy said:

That's a bit of an overreaction. It's not like you can't use any frame to beat any mission type unless you plan to stay past at least an hour.

Yes you can use any frame, but I shouldn't have to pick the frame I play based on the odd chance of running into a field boss, it should be based on what I want to play for that particular mission.

I should be able to carry whatever weapons I want to use, not have specific ones in case I run into a rare field boss.

I shouldn't have to change how I play the game, just in case I run into a rare field boss...

That's the issue, at least to me.

3 minutes ago, Drivrius said:

Yes you can use any frame, but I shouldn't have to pick the frame I play based on the odd chance of running into a field boss, it should be based on what I want to play for that particular mission.

I should be able to carry whatever weapons I want to use, not have specific ones in case I run into a rare field boss.

I shouldn't have to change how I play the game, just in case I run into a rare field boss...

That's the issue, at least to me.

You have an Archgun, how often do you use it?

Before Operators were a thing, the exact same logic applied to Stalker and nobody complained then. You either carried a high damage weapon or several weapons with different damage types or you risked the chance of stalker becoming immune to your damage type and wrecking you. And he spawned a lot more often than Wolf.

Edited by Zilchy

1 minute ago, Zilchy said:

You have an Archgun, how often do you use it?

Funny thing, I did use it on Wolf, turns out that getting downed because of the molotovs from the invincible convicts and the fact you can't get heavy ammo to re-summon it makes it a none viable solution.

• Like 1

Just now, Drivrius said:

Funny thing, I did use it on Wolf, turns out that getting downed because of the molotovs from the invincible convicts and the fact you can't get heavy ammo to re-summon it makes it a none viable solution.

Did you consider moving away from the molotovs? They hurt, avoid them. Those fugitives move really slow, just go around a corner and Wolf will do his dash to get to you so you can deal with him without his very annoying sidekicks. Then once he's dead you can shoot those pests, it feels really good lol. Not sure what archgun you like to use but larkspur ruined his day quite nicely.

On 2019-04-14 at 5:48 PM, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

Remember when grineer manics had a slash finisher?  I loved it because it actually made them a bit of a threat...Like a quicker “Stalker-Light” from back in the day...

So true, manics were awesome opponents during operation blackout because they could easily destroy you and in the dark you couldn't really see them coming, just glowing eyes in the recesses.

4 minutes ago, Drivrius said:

I really, really, think it's good if you have a Nyx/Revenant friend that you can play with. It's lame to even think about such things, but those invincible convicts are annoying and downright hazardous in higher levels.

While I was leveling a brand new Chroma Prime, we all basically lead the Wolf far away from the convicts and took him down (it was like a level 45 Wolf). That strategy seemed to work. The convicts don't exactly follow Wolf everywhere!