Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please stop Suicide at MOT (Void)

TheRuang

56 minutes ago, (XB1)Eminem2420 said:

I think you have things backwards. If you are wanting to stay awhile, then you are the one that should go to recruiting. Nobody goes to recruiting chat just to clear a node unless there is nobody on that node, and they can't solo it. Instead of you trying to dictate public missions, why don't you go and make a premade squad? 

I don't think I miss any info here.
In summary, read again.
1.If you can't stay alive in mission, recruiting is option for you. just like when you want to clear boss node. (commonly many people on boss node, but boss node just go kill them and gg) 
2.I didn't separate newbie and old player or good and bad. better or nah. I said "If you are not ready, please do not enter, Just prepare your loadout before enter, don't go suicide repeatedly. Other can revive you but not every 30sec or minute"
3.I just talk about MOT info for new player. you need some prepare before you go. it's Tier 4 Survival.
4.If you want you to clear the node by random public join. you can leave at extract alone when pass 5 minute. (as the update you can stay at extract 30 sec and gg for you)

4 hours ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

I love when people think they have some kind of authority over other players.. you just know that really they're the ones being carried.

for the record, only a small minority of the playerbase even has a Forum account, so your words are already falling on deaf ears. second, if you're so worried about getting matched with leechers, newbies etc. use recruit chat, or better yet solo. I mean, you're clearly some kind of L33t player to be dictating to others what they should do, so an hour or more on Mot alone shouldn't be a problem for you, right? :smile: 

Man, I am find with solo. but for public play sometime. It's fun and more mobs to slap. I don't mind to revive other. Sometime I just teach them... or ask them.
but revive every minute is... It's not about carry or carried. It's suicide (make a little tanky is not hard, can't kill just stay near is not bad)

Well! SORRY! and Thank you all. 😄

I think this is why they should add tier selections for endless missions.

When you sign up you simply decide on A+, A2+, B+. C+ etc. With A+ it would mean you'll stay for the first rotation then voting or extraction opens, with C+ you will get no voting or extraction before rotation C is done.

17 minutes ago, TheRuang said:

I don't think I miss any info here.
In summary, read again.
1.If you can't stay alive in mission, recruiting is option for you. just like when you want to clear boss node. (commonly many people on boss node, but boss node just go kill them and gg) 
2.I didn't separate newbie and old player or good and bad. better or nah. I said "If you are not ready, please do not enter, Just prepare your loadout before enter, don't go suicide repeatedly. Other can revive you but not every 30sec or minute"
3.I just talk about MOT info for new player. you need some prepare before you go. it's Tier 4 Survival.
4.If you want you to clear the node by random public join. you can leave at extract alone when pass 5 minute. (as the update you can stay at extract 30 sec and gg for you)

Man, I am find with solo. but for public play sometime. It's fun and more mobs to slap. I don't mind to revive other. Sometime I just teach them... or ask them.
but revive every minute is... It's not about carry or carried. It's suicide (make a little tanky is not hard, can't kill just stay near is not bad)

Well! SORRY! and Thank you all. 😄

You just completely ignored what i said. If you are not going to address what i said, then don't bother responding. It is a waste of time for both of us. Since you are clearly one that would be interested in staying for 20 minutes or longer, then you are the one that needs to go to recruiting. In a public squad, anything goes, which is why recruiting is best if you have certain goals in mind. Also, why are you saying this on the forums? i can guarantee you that the players you are wishing to reach don't read the forums. Even if they did, they probably wouldn't listen. Your message comes across more condescending than helpful.

• Like 2

How do they know they aren’t ready, unless they have tried the node first? 

I’ve done Mot a number of times and haven’t really had these issues. 

If you want a hassle free play on a specific node for a specific reason, go into recruiting chat. Otherwise you will get the issues you’re complaining about. Which are non-issues anyway. 

32 minutes ago, Mez999 said:

How do they know they aren’t ready, unless they have tried the node first? 

I’ve done Mot a number of times and haven’t really had these issues. 

If you want a hassle free play on a specific node for a specific reason, go into recruiting chat. Otherwise you will get the issues you’re complaining about. Which are non-issues anyway. 

Exactly! It's not like the node advertises "+200% damage" enemies. I was very surprised on my first try!

• Like 1

Hardest challenge in MOT once you learn how to build your frames and learn the game mechanics, how to dodge etc is to not fall asleep. I did a solo MOT for a clan rankup and fell asleep at 1hr 45 mins, which was a fail. Sure the enemies hurt but if you know how to prevent them 1 shotting you it's not any different to any other void survival, they may hit hard but they have the same health and armour. Though if you want to push for a decent time in any survival OP, you should use recruit chat or get some clan members to join you, avoid the hassle of pub.

1 hour ago, Zilchy said:

Hardest challenge in MOT once you learn how to build your frames and learn the game mechanics, how to dodge etc is to not fall asleep. I did a solo MOT for a clan rankup and fell asleep at 1hr 45 mins, which was a fail. Sure the enemies hurt but if you know how to prevent them 1 shotting you it's not any different to any other void survival, they may hit hard but they have the same health and armour. Though if you want to push for a decent time in any survival OP, you should use recruit chat or get some clan members to join you, avoid the hassle of pub.

Don't waste your time on this thread. The OP has shoved Cotton so deep down in his ears that he can't see & hear or is a very bad troll.

In the OPs logic...

Recruiting is used for clearing the star chart, basic everyday gameplay & public is for serious game sessions. And apparently also used for Tridolon solo play.... (yup...recruiting for solo play...)

We all know what we sign up for if you join a public game.

(The game doesn't even warn players about how hard Mot enemies hit. I remember my 1st time there for Star Chart clear. As well as going with friends for their first time.)

Edited by (PS4)Zero_029

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Zero_029 said:

Don't waste your time on this thread. The OP is an idiot & has shoved Cotton so deep down in his ears that he can't see & hear or is a very bad troll.

In the OPs logic...

Recruiting is used for clearing the star chart, basic everyday gameplay & public is for serious game sessions.

We all know what we sign up for if you join a public game.

(The game doesn't even warn players about how hard Mot enemies hit. I remember my 1st time there for Star Chart clear. As well as going with friends for their first time.)

He isnt more of an idiot than people signing up for something for the first time in a group when there is a clear solo option for everything throughout the game. I never sign up to public matches or groups in any game if there is something I need to learn and havent seen before. That is simply common courtesy imo to test it first on your own before being a dead weight on a group. I did so in WF too because I started playing the game long into its lifetime. It is one thing to pug new releases because everyone is as clueless as the next guy.

For me it is like this.

Solo: When you wanna do things your way.

PuG: When you wanna do things in group at a reasonable efficiency that you can expect from others.

Pre-Made: When you wanna do thing your way with a group.

OP hasnt exactly demanded anything that falls outside of what can and should be expected from a PuG. 20 minutes isnt too much to ask, it is fairly common sense in those places of the star map.

The problem with people is that they ignore the fact that there is a solo option to get through the game and learn the difference aspects and modifiers of different parts of the game. You shouldnt need a pre-made or any browsing in a recruit chat to do the most mundane version of endless missions, that should come with PuG. Dumpsterfire fail mode should stay in solo as you learn things.

But then again, I see as many geared out people going down like a slut on prom night in Mot, because they read some "guides" that suggest survival mods arent needed cos you'll get one shot anyway. What the guide forgets to tell you is that this only applies far up in the levels of endless missions, including the void.

I'm at the point in the void where I very rarely rezz people anymore. People need to learn that you cant skid by on a banana peel and rely on others to pick you up when you fall.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, KnossosTNC said:

Interesting.

But yeah, not only do T4 Void have very high level enemies, the enemies there also have a 200% damage bonus. If you go in there unprepared, you'll get shredded.

As for me personally, I get my Axi relics from Interceptions at Xini, Eris or Berehynia, Sedna, and take advantage of Mot's 100% drop chance on Rotations A and B to top up on Neos if I want to. I also use the enemy damage bonus to test my frame's survivability there. I call it the "Zero-Death Mot20 test." My first choice for soloing it is Ivara.

THEY HAVE A DAMAGE BUFF?!?!???!

4 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

I think this is why they should add tier selections for endless missions.

When you sign up you simply decide on A+, A2+, B+. C+ etc. With A+ it would mean you'll stay for the first rotation then voting or extraction opens, with C+ you will get no voting or extraction before rotation C is done.

I like that. Sounds better then my semi mmr system.

12 hours ago, TheRuang said:

If you just going to clear the node. Please recruiting squad, Don't quick play enter the node.

pretty sure youve got this the wrong way round, here, ill help

if youre going to stay to wave 20, please recruit a squad from recruiting chat, dont go into it with randoms

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

He isnt more of an idiot than people signing up for something for the first time in a group when there is a clear solo option for everything throughout the game. I never sign up to public matches or groups in any game if there is something I need to learn and havent seen before. That is simply common courtesy imo to test it first on your own before being a dead weight on a group. I did so in WF too because I started playing the game long into its lifetime. It is one thing to pug new releases because everyone is as clueless as the next guy.

For me it is like this.

Solo: When you wanna do things your way.

PuG: When you wanna do things in group at a reasonable efficiency that you can expect from others.

Pre-Made: When you wanna do thing your way with a group.

OP hasnt exactly demanded anything that falls outside of what can and should be expected from a PuG. 20 minutes isnt too much to ask, it is fairly common sense in those places of the star map.

The problem with people is that they ignore the fact that there is a solo option to get through the game and learn the difference aspects and modifiers of different parts of the game. You shouldnt need a pre-made or any browsing in a recruit chat to do the most mundane version of endless missions, that should come with PuG. Dumpsterfire fail mode should stay in solo as you learn things.

But then again, I see as many geared out people going down like a slut on prom night in Mot, because they read some "guides" that suggest survival mods arent needed cos you'll get one shot anyway. What the guide forgets to tell you is that this only applies far up in the levels of endless missions, including the void.

I'm at the point in the void where I very rarely rezz people anymore. People need to learn that you cant skid by on a banana peel and rely on others to pick you up when you fall.

So tell me where in the game it informs people I'm just what they're getting into when it comes to signing up for any mission.

There is no warning for Mot. The game acts as if it is just another mission. And we all know on the Star Chart any mission on the Star Chart will have 1st timers & new players.

This community is a decent one but one major flaw that honestly bewildered me is this perception that players who do a PUG should somehow "know" either:

A. How the complaining player wants to play

B. What the complaining player desires from the mission

C. To play in perfect synergy with complaining player

D. Everything there is to know about said mission before even playing it.

I mean, God damn. What is the point of playing a game if the mindset is: "I'd better watch someone else playthrough it first before I play it."

So apparently only streamers/youtubers get to experience things fresh? The rest of us just wat & then play with precognition?

PUGs are a mixed bag. I understand the OPs frustration. But the OPs thought process of "If you're clearing the Star Chart or doing a mission for the first time/just to clear the node. Use Recruiting." Is backwards.

No one is going to spend 5mins to an hour to build a group for a 5 minute mission.

To me...it sounds like the OP doesn't want to put the work in to get the group he/she desires.

Whenever I PuG I expect the worst. It comes with the territory of random Matchmaking. There is no reasonable efficiency about that. You can hope the group can be reasonable but to "expect" it is foolish.

To expect/tell people to read wikis & watch vids for a PuG is bewildering. (Some people post & want this...)

To downright tell people to not use public MM for any mission unless they've done their homework on that mission is not only arrogant/elitist but it's also idiotic. No matter how you spin it.

Hey, remember when you started Warframe? Did you ever do a public group without prior knowledge of that mission? (Alert, Ayatan, Boss such as Captain Vor?) Well you did it wrong by the OPs logic.

That is what upsets me. The OP is mad because folks he was randomly matchmade with got downed/killed. Its not like Warframe actually bothers to tells people Mot is the only mission where enemies do 200% more damage.

It just says: Survival

No one is joining a public game to "skid by" or to "cheat the system" or "make you earn their rewards". Many people who get 1-shot in mot & killed are there to progress in the game & in typical Warframe fashion are getting the rug pulled out from under them with no explanation.

This is on par with folks who do Public MM for Eidolons, then get mad folks go in with non-meta weapons, ampless, or with a mote amp.

Not everyone knows (due to DE's bad content & progression design) that Eidolons are endgame & aren't something you fight your first time on the Plains/with a Braton, that you need to complete the story mode to even be able to contend with them.

Ironically...I feel like if DE added this knowledge...folks would complain the game is holding the player's hands & all challenge is dead & buried.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, (PS4)Zero_029 said:

So tell me where in the game it informs people I'm just what they're getting into when it comes to signing up for any mission.

Hey, remember when you started Warframe? Did you ever do a public group without prior knowledge of that mission? (Alert, Ayatan, Boss such as Captain Vor?) Well you did it wrong by the OPs logic.

It is something you kinda expect from a new looking area. Atleast I did when I started out, hence why I went in solo for a while to learn what new things it had to offer, what enemies I'd face and so on. I'm not saying you must do Mot specifically, you can try any higher tier Void mission to see how you survive early on. Then Mot is just another survival mission when you know what you face.

There is a solo option for a reason, to learn things and not have it steamrolled by others. But as I said, people that bring up the "use recruit chat" comment forget all about the solo option, which in reality is the one to be used if you arent sure what you are getting into.

PuGs are there for an avarage experience where people know what they do mostly and recruited pre-made groups are for when you want total grade A performance from everyone.

And to answer your question. Nope, never did a PuG run until I had done the mission type or killed the specific boss solo. Never hunted an eidolon until I had a valid weapon and frame, also made sure to watch videos to learn the mechanics. Then with the Void I did some of the non-endless missions solo to test how different the place was to regular star map missions, after that I did the endless with groups when I knew I could handle it. Same deal with Arbitrations, but mostly because I wanted to dip my toes since it is a 1-life deal in there. Plague Star, ESO, Profit-Taker and those things I've PuGed from day one, since everyone was new to them, not just me.

1 hour ago, SneakyErvin said:

It is something you kinda expect from a new looking area. Atleast I did when I started out, hence why I went in solo for a while to learn what new things it had to offer, what enemies I'd face and so on. I'm not saying you must do Mot specifically, you can try any higher tier Void mission to see how you survive early on. Then Mot is just another survival mission when you know what you face.

There is a solo option for a reason, to learn things and not have it steamrolled by others. But as I said, people that bring up the "use recruit chat" comment forget all about the solo option, which in reality is the one to be used if you arent sure what you are getting into.

PuGs are there for an avarage experience where people know what they do mostly and recruited pre-made groups are for when you want total grade A performance from everyone.

And to answer your question. Nope, never did a PuG run until I had done the mission type or killed the specific boss solo. Never hunted an eidolon until I had a valid weapon and frame, also made sure to watch videos to learn the mechanics. Then with the Void I did some of the non-endless missions solo to test how different the place was to regular star map missions, after that I did the endless with groups when I knew I could handle it. Same deal with Arbitrations, but mostly because I wanted to dip my toes since it is a 1-life deal in there. Plague Star, ESO, Profit-Taker and those things I've PuGed from day one, since everyone was new to them, not just me.

The irony is that I am a 98% Solo player. Only recently begrudgingly grouping to teach newbies the game.

I did the entire game solo. Even learned Eidolons & Orbs (by trial & error) solo. I like to discover things on my own. (Plan to do the same with Railjack.)

I don't mind guides but if you don't experience it or try to learn yourself then why bother playing?

Now after learning it...no issue with seeing what others do & improving you're own strategy.

I just dislike the: "Watch/Read what to do before trying it" mentality that gaming is adopting. Ironically people complain games never surprise them/challenge them...yet rather than attempt anything blind.

They watch & learn it all first just killing all the surprise & going in prepared for all challenges.

14 hours ago, sleepychewbacca said:

Shouldn't it be the other way round? 

Pubbing = Anything goes, no one owes the squad anything. Free for all. 

Recruit = Specific gameplay / loadouts for specific purpose. 

Either I'm misunderstanding OP or things have changed since I started playing Warframe. The heck? 

Like you said, when you are pubbing, anything goes, but some people feel like depending on the mission, everyone is expected to commit to a certain thing. 
Like when I play Hydron, or syndicate missions, I fully expect people in pub to leave immediately, or in syndicates for people to ignore the medallions.

The reason I join pub is usually because I'm just there for a quick run. Otherwise I'd make a recruitment up in the recruit tab or in clan.

This is one of those "my way is the way to play the game we all have access to" posts.

To be honest, there should be a label or something in game to tell people about MOT. Since you start the game, you see the levels of the enemies go up with relative damage. Then you hit the last leg of the Void and all of a sudden,with no explaining or info in game, you hit a +200 % area with enemies you have fought in other parts of the game. Talk about a punch to the gut. If this happened in Arbitrations when you were doing them as usual and then enter a mode and get 1-shotted since unknown to you, the enemies now hit for +1000% more. No info or telling....just got hit and died.

Players would be in an uproar and complain since they lost all their revives and had no idea what was going on. Elites would complain that they had to pick up players going down all the time and got killed since someone was unprepared for the "git guud" levels.

Thank goodness there are warnings plastered all over the wiki....which some players do not know about or want to go to.

Yeah, MOT is a thing for players to go that want some challenge...but it should have a warning just as Nightmares, Kuva, and other nodes that are not the same do. Hello, put a different diamond around it that has spikes and pulses in Morse code TRY HARD MODE.

See you next time

5 hours ago, VoidWraith said:

Like you said, when you are pubbing, anything goes, but some people feel like depending on the mission, everyone is expected to commit to a certain thing. 
Like when I play Hydron, or syndicate missions, I fully expect people in pub to leave immediately, or in syndicates for people to ignore the medallions.

The reason I join pub is usually because I'm just there for a quick run. Otherwise I'd make a recruitment up in the recruit tab or in clan.

Give this person a medal.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, (PS4)Zero_029 said:

Give this person a medal.

I would, but I only have one for "Hot Dog Eating Champion" that I brought at a thrift store.

On topic: I honestly can't understand how anyone could think that Recruit chat is for general use and public matchmaking is for serious gameplay.

12 hours ago, (PS4)Zero_029 said:

I just dislike the: "Watch/Read what to do before trying it" mentality that gaming is adopting. Ironically people complain games never surprise them/challenge them...yet rather than attempt anything blind.

I do too and it is not what I'm saying either. 

My point is simply that in WF we have 3 different grouping options, most games dont. The majority of games have PuGs and Pre-mades, thats it. Here we have the solo option for everything to learn the ropes, PuBs for avarage groups and Pre-mades for very specific demands and needs.

Endless missions are designed into 4 rotations in order to get to the highest possible reward. If you jump into a PuG, doing rota C should kinda be expected, unless it is an obvious level area like Hydron. Going beyond 20 however is when you start to expect more from the random people than the game has initially intended as the "base" time to stay, at which point a pre-made would be key to fullfill expectations. Just the same if you only need 5 waves of defense to clear the node of the map you can just aswell do so solo.

There is zero reason to jump into an endless PuG if you just need 5 waves, 5 minutes or 1 interception etc. to clear the star chart.

I think it is just common courtesy and respect towards fellow players.