Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please stop Suicide at MOT (Void)

TheRuang

37 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

Endless missions are designed into 4 rotations in order to get to the highest possible reward. If you jump into a PuG, doing rota C should kinda be expected, unless it is an obvious level area like Hydron. Going beyond 20 however is when you start to expect more from the random people than the game has initially intended as the "base" time to stay, at which point a pre-made would be key to fullfill expectations. Just the same if you only need 5 waves of defense to clear the node of the map you can just aswell do so solo.

Never expect anything from a PuG except for it to be random. Public aka: Random will always be Random.

Since Solo Extraction is a thing now, theis issue is kind of moot now. Of folks just need a node clear they can extract (if they can make it in Mot's case.) on their own.

The rare times I queue PuG I have goals in mind. Once achieved I'm out. The random chaos of a PuG is often not worth the stress.

40 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

There is zero reason to jump into an endless PuG if you just need 5 waves, 5 minutes or 1 interception etc. to clear the star chart.

There is plenty reason. Not everyone can do these things on their own. Interceptions seem to be the most hated missions for new & casual players in particular. The public option exists for this very reason.

Look, I'm a Solo player but I understand & accept why these systems are in place. Solo is a good option but just like how Solo players don't like being "told to group", people don't like being "told to solo".

For many people solo play is boring, or they can't micromanage the mission (I've seen far, far, far too many folks get stomped in Interception missions solo)

I'm not saying recruiting for anything over 5 waves. I'm just saying that when using random MM , expect the bare minimum.

Now if DE changed it to where solo endless missions update every 5 minutes & group update every 10 or 20. People would play differently & perhaps the OPs issue wouldn't happen as often.

But I think you know why such a change can't ever happen.

1 hour ago, SneakyErvin said:

There is zero reason to jump into an endless PuG if you just need 5 waves, 5 minutes or 1 interception etc. to clear the star chart.

I think it is just common courtesy and respect towards fellow players.

Ehhhh... gonna have to strongly disagree with you here. 

Sometimes 5 waves is all I need to level that item, or I got the drop I wanted. Worst case scenario, the group dynamic / a player annoys me, like frost spamming snowglobes etc. Rather than tell people to not do what they want to do, I'll just leave. It's a pub. 

Sure if someone asks me to stay, I'll consider it politely. But I don't have any obligation to stay. It isn't imo about courtesy and respect. It just is what it is. A means to an end. I want whatever it is I'm grinding for, so I shouldnt have to bend over backwards for anything out of my way. 

Edited by sleepychewbacca
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, (PS4)Zero_029 said:

Never expect anything from a PuG except for it to be random. Public aka: Random will always be Random.

Since Solo Extraction is a thing now, theis issue is kind of moot now. Of folks just need a node clear they can extract (if they can make it in Mot's case.) on their own.

The rare times I queue PuG I have goals in mind. Once achieved I'm out. The random chaos of a PuG is often not worth the stress.

There is plenty reason. Not everyone can do these things on their own. Interceptions seem to be the most hated missions for new & casual players in particular. The public option exists for this very reason.

Look, I'm a Solo player but I understand & accept why these systems are in place. Solo is a good option but just like how Solo players don't like being "told to group", people don't like being "told to solo".

For many people solo play is boring, or they can't micromanage the mission (I've seen far, far, far too many folks get stomped in Interception missions solo)

I'm not saying recruiting for anything over 5 waves. I'm just saying that when using random MM , expect the bare minimum.

Now if DE changed it to where solo endless missions update every 5 minutes & group update every 10 or 20. People would play differently & perhaps the OPs issue wouldn't happen as often.

But I think you know why such a change can't ever happen.

Interception is a borderline case though, not many people do interceptions outside of clearing the star map. Some specific interception nodes are used for certain things but generally they are just something to get out of the way. Just as no one expects much from Hydron, Io or Helene. They are just leveling spots you pick depending on what you need aside from XP.

But as the subject was regarding Mot or the Void in general it is a different issue. How many actually go to the Void endless missions unless they need the C rota relic? Not many. Bare minimum for me in most cases depend which mission I do. Leveling places I expect people dropping out anywhere between 5 and 10, depending how much xp they need. In the Void I do expect people to stay for C because there is little reason to do the place otherwise and better places to get those sub-C relics.

It would be great if DE gave us more looking for group options.

34 minutes ago, sleepychewbacca said:

Ehhhh... gonna have to strongly disagree with you here. 

Sometimes 5 waves is all I need to level that item, or I got the drop I wanted. Worst case scenario, the group dynamic / a player annoys me, like frost spamming snowglobes etc. Rather than tell people to not do what they want to do, I'll just leave. It's a pub. 

Sure if someone asks me to stay, I'll consider it politely. But I don't have any obligation to stay. It isn't imo about courtesy and respect. It just is what it is. A means to an end. I want whatever it is I'm grinding for, so I shouldnt have to bend over backwards for anything out of my way. 

I can understand it if you are leveling. People tend to expect just that in level missions. I also understand it if you are cracking relics and get the one you need early on. Same deal if you are farming Uranus endless for something like CO, there is simply nothing valueble in the rotation rewards to begin with, so when the mod drops you bail at the first possible point.

And when it comes to group comps and players I'm in the same boat. If I get a spamshee other other players that simply slow down the mission or go down too often I leave early.

However in the Void there isnt much before rota C, because all of it can be obtained quicker elsewhere. It isnt exactly a top leveling place either, certainly not in Mot where people may stray out of affinity range etc.And if you are after some specific things, like Crystals perhaps, you might aswell just run Hepit.

2 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

I can understand it if you are leveling. People tend to expect just that in level missions. I also understand it if you are cracking relics and get the one you need early on. Same deal if you are farming Uranus endless for something like CO, there is simply nothing valueble in the rotation rewards to begin with, so when the mod drops you bail at the first possible point.

And when it comes to group comps and players I'm in the same boat. If I get a spamshee other other players that simply slow down the mission or go down too often I leave early.

However in the Void there isnt much before rota C, because all of it can be obtained quicker elsewhere. It isnt exactly a top leveling place either, certainly not in Mot where people may stray out of affinity range etc.And if you are after some specific things, like Crystals perhaps, you might aswell just run Hepit.

This is fairly true. 

I abuse Mot for Vor's argon drop tbh. It's something that's become muscle memory. 

Granted, most of the pubs I meet tend to have the same idea. Get argon, extract. 

If you are just going to mot to complete the node or mess around you pub 

Leveling in mot is dumb just don’t do it you are both a burden and useless 

if you are going to mot a a specific reason that requires you to stay in for long you either solo or you recruit with a minimum time you can extract

I stopped doing pubs for tricaps because they were too unreliable you can’t expect random people to join for the same reason you are there

Honestly the most ridiculous kind of thread.

1. If you're having trouble with Public players, good news! We have just had released Individual Extraction. As soon as the first Rotation is complete you can go and extract. On your own. Abandon the people you don't want to stay with and reset. It lets you keep your rewards and reset for a better run.

2. If you're going Public, expect Public Players not to be good and go equipped to carry them. With the notable exception of levelling nodes like Hydron and Stofler, where there will always be players with under-levelled gear trying to get quick levels, every other node will have a completely random assortment of skill levels and gear.

3. Do not expect to get a good game out of Public. You are meeting random players that may have completely different play styles or goals to you in that mission. You can neither dictate to them, nor can you expect to drag them for any length of time.

4. You do not dictate where any player of any skill goes. Just give up. This thread won't affect anything and will only annoy you with the amount of players laughing at your elitist presumption.

On 2019-04-13 at 3:36 PM, SneakyErvin said:

It is something you kinda expect from a new looking area. Atleast I did when I started out, hence why I went in solo for a while to learn what new things it had to offer, what enemies I'd face and so on. I'm not saying you must do Mot specifically, you can try any higher tier Void mission to see how you survive early on. Then Mot is just another survival mission when you know what you face.

There is a solo option for a reason, to learn things and not have it steamrolled by others. But as I said, people that bring up the "use recruit chat" comment forget all about the solo option, which in reality is the one to be used if you arent sure what you are getting into.

PuGs are there for an avarage experience where people know what they do mostly and recruited pre-made groups are for when you want total grade A performance from everyone.

And to answer your question. Nope, never did a PuG run until I had done the mission type or killed the specific boss solo. Never hunted an eidolon until I had a valid weapon and frame, also made sure to watch videos to learn the mechanics. Then with the Void I did some of the non-endless missions solo to test how different the place was to regular star map missions, after that I did the endless with groups when I knew I could handle it. Same deal with Arbitrations, but mostly because I wanted to dip my toes since it is a 1-life deal in there. Plague Star, ESO, Profit-Taker and those things I've PuGed from day one, since everyone was new to them, not just me.

i start new things doing pub than do them solo

On 2019-04-13 at 4:26 AM, TheRuang said:

Yep... Please Stop Enter MOT (Void)
MOT is Void Tier 4 Survival mission. It's give you relic as a reward. but it''s nothing, If you can't stay for 20 minute for Axi relic (Rotation C).

for People need Relics
If you come to stay for 5 10 15 you just get only Neo relic. You better farm at Ukko! (Void Capture T3). If you are fast and you can solo the mission, It's take only 1-2 minute per run.

for People need EXP/Leveling stuff
If you can't kill it's no way you can gain exp fast even leech at MOT, mobs is though you can't kill them easily with low modded weapon. You better go to Defend mission or Interception will be faster and easier...

About MOT
Tier 4 Void Survival Mission. Mob Level 40~45+ (Higher as mission time pass) You can get one shot by Corrupted Crewman! Corrupted Bombard! Corrupted Nullifier Crewman!
It's the hardest normal survival mission in the game... Brutal mission 

STOP!!! Don't Suicide at MOT and let other carry the mission for your reward! It's annoying.

Take time to make your self better in the game then go MOT is not too late.
If you just going to clear the node. Please recruiting squad, Don't quick play enter the node.

S🤣RRY! 

Im MR12 and just did 20 mins of Mot with a MR 19, 22 and 25. The MR19 went down twice, the 22 4 times and the 25 once, I didnt go down once at all o.O. 

I rushed to Mot wanting to see if its as bad as OP claims but....kinda disappointing. Was fun though! Got 8 argons ^_^. 

Maybe this is a Git gut thread? 😕