Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Whats a good riven stat for a sniper

(PSN)lokaspoka

Damage Crit Damage/Chance and Multishot are all Viable options for Sniper Riven stats, Crit rivens are more optimal for raw output, but a Damage/Multishot riven is serviceable for general use.

Edited by Aldain

Multishot is basically a must have as it affects your combo meter.

Critical chance is obviously great because many snipers reach around or over 100% critical chance with Riven Mods taken into account.

Critical damage vs damage. Damage is going to perform better for general missions without buffs. Due to the way Chroma's damage bonus is calculated, critical damage will perform better when that is active over damage.

If you are trying to get a good sniper Riven, usually you want:

• CC, CD, MS, -neg
  • CC, DMG, MS, -neg
  • CC, MS, -neg

There are special cases like +Toxin on Vulkar Wraith to get more gas damage, but generally the 3 types of Riven Mods I listed above will work fine.

Edited by Voltage

16 minutes ago, Voltage said:

Multishot is basically a must have as it affects your combo meter.

Critical chance is obviously great because many snipers reach around or over 100% critical chance with Riven Mods taken into account.

Critical damage vs damage. Damage is going to perform better for general missions without buffs. Due to the way Chroma's damage bonus is calculated, critical damage will perform better when that is active over damage.

what stats are crucial for eido hunts

vor einer Stunde schrieb (PS4)lokaspoka:

this guy went mad when 

i told him his (Damage and Multi shot ) riven is bad for a sniper he tried to sell it for 400 pl

i said the stats are bad CC and CD are needed for a sniper.

i need input to who is right me or the mad man

ur statement is not right and clearly too cocky imo.

cc/cd is not bad but neither is ms/dm and tbh on most snipers cc is questionable since the orange crit chance is too low to rely on it. having crit dmg on top makes it even more "spikey" in terms of average dps. yea, u can organge crit for a lot, but if the chance is lets say ~20% for an actual orange crit per projectile lets say u realistically have a 32% chance per shot with 2 projectiles from basic 90% multishot on the build to orange crit. most of the time the crit dmg will be the only thing actually doing noticable work aside of being at 100% crit chance.

dmg and multishot on the opposite side both indirectly increase crits too because crit muliplier basically multiplies all the basic dmg ofc. multishot on a 2/-1 can be around lets say 100% for most snipers so u have 3 projectiles mostly, which indirectly buffs crit chance because they individually crit and it ALWAYS applies, so u do not rely on occasional dmg spikes with this riven and on average ur dmg will be higher than an equally statted cc/cd. rubico prime is probably the only exception due to the high base crit chance. also, multishot improves the combo since every projectile counts so theres another reason for multishot, unless its a lower chance which would again make the build very "spikey". in such a case i would perfer crit dmg but thats mostly the case for 3/-1 since the multishot % is lower there, like 60~70%ish more or less which again gives another "less reliable" chance on average beaten by crit dmg in this case.

the 3/-1 example aside without a negative both are really meh anyway because either the crit chance is even lower/less reliable and will only grant u around 100% total crit chance or the multishot chance is lower and will have a spikey nature, so to say. still, if both ur rivens were 2/-1 and were comparable to my examples in terms of numbers i would pick the dmg/ms over the cc/cd any day, maybe even on rubico prime, just because of ms and the combo building improvement.

Edited by Xydeth

Damage, Multishot, Crit Rate and Crit Damage all affect total damage.  Remember, damage is magnified by existing crit damage, so it's just as valuable as more crit damage.  Ideally you get both, but you can't always.  It depends a lot on the exact numbers you get.

You take a 500 damage weapon with a x3 multi and you get 1500.

You take a 1000 damage weapon with a 1.5x multi and you still get 1500.

CChance and CDamage together are multiplicative however since they feed off one another.  That said, you can get some pretty nuts raw bonuses off Rivens too.

Edited by PhoenixFury

15 hours ago, Xydeth said:

ur statement is not right and clearly too cocky imo.

cc/cd is not bad but neither is ms/dm and tbh on most snipers cc is questionable since the orange crit chance is too low to rely on it. having crit dmg on top makes it even more "spikey" in terms of average dps. yea, u can organge crit for a lot, but if the chance is lets say ~20% for an actual orange crit per projectile lets say u realistically have a 32% chance per shot with 2 projectiles from basic 90% multishot on the build to orange crit. most of the time the crit dmg will be the only thing actually doing noticable work aside of being at 100% crit chance.

dmg and multishot on the opposite side both indirectly increase crits too because crit muliplier basically multiplies all the basic dmg ofc. multishot on a 2/-1 can be around lets say 100% for most snipers so u have 3 projectiles mostly, which indirectly buffs crit chance because they individually crit and it ALWAYS applies, so u do not rely on occasional dmg spikes with this riven and on average ur dmg will be higher than an equally statted cc/cd. rubico prime is probably the only exception due to the high base crit chance. also, multishot improves the combo since every projectile counts so theres another reason for multishot, unless its a lower chance which would again make the build very "spikey". in such a case i would perfer crit dmg but thats mostly the case for 3/-1 since the multishot % is lower there, like 60~70%ish more or less which again gives another "less reliable" chance on average beaten by crit dmg in this case.

the 3/-1 example aside without a negative both are really meh anyway because either the crit chance is even lower/less reliable and will only grant u around 100% total crit chance or the multishot chance is lower and will have a spikey nature, so to say. still, if both ur rivens were 2/-1 and were comparable to my examples in terms of numbers i would pick the dmg/ms over the cc/cd any day, maybe even on rubico prime, just because of ms and the combo building improvement.

thats not cocky its called confidence the other player kept getting triggered like you by my words and " saying noob"

no thats what being cocky is

You are not correct to make a general statement. The correct thing is to do the maths.

I would not assume CC/CD outdoes Damage/Multishot without doing the math for a specific weapon. Even then you'd probably also want to take into account other stuff that might affect a weapon's output, like arcanes, pets, frames, team mates, etc.

Also note that each stat (cc, cd, raw dmg, ms, elemental, fire rate, etc) is additive with itself, while multiplying with other stats. It's usually the case that some balance of all stats will be more effective over stacking one or two.

Edited by schilds

37 minutes ago, -AiLuoLi- said:

Vectis/Rubico riven cost more than 400 unrolled and easily 1-2k with good rolls. The question is why would you not pay 400 to reroll.

Currently, Rubico yes definitely. Lanka is somewhere at ~400p. Vectis is around ~250 p, sometimes even less.

Depends on the weapon and what the player wants to do with it. What you may want on a riven it totally different from someone else may want on one so your in the wrong for assuming that it was bad at that price point, if its not what your after then move and and find another that is.

While the general want for sure is multi shot, Crit damge and crit chance with something like - zoom not all want them the same.

Rubico prime will make better use of crit chance and damage than Lanka due to higher base crit chance and crit damage.

But knowing even more you will learn that since the Rubico has increased crit damage while zoomed in farther it makes crit chance is better while the Lanka has higher crit chance when zoomed making crit damage better.

Edited by Brorelia

vor 11 Stunden schrieb (PS4)lokaspoka:

thats not cocky its called confidence the other player kept getting triggered like you by my words and " saying noob"

no thats what being cocky is

im too old to get triggered like that.

still, instead of reading what i bothered writing to u, u ignore it with just "triggered" as a response ? if u want answers to ur question in all honesty but are unable to accept comments which dont support ur own point of view dont ask in the first place.

if anything ignorant behaviour like urs is "triggering" and yes, its cocky...because cocky means being overconfident and ignoring most other aspects/opinions/facts which might oppose ur statement whilst being rude towards other people in the process.

Am 13.4.2019 um 13:27 schrieb (PS4)lokaspoka:

i need input to who is right me or the mad man

thats not "confidence", thats just cocky and rude, especially since ur the one who is wrong.

vor 10 Stunden schrieb schilds:

You are not correct to make a general statement. The correct thing is to do the maths.

I would not assume CC/CD outdoes Damage/Multishot without doing the math for a specific weapon. Even then you'd probably also want to take into account other stuff that might affect a weapon's output, like arcanes, pets, frames, team mates, etc.

agree, basically my own point too.

i did test a lot myself and in most cases the stats which look the best are not neccessarily the best, which does apply to cc/cd vs dmg/ms quite clearly. cant tell on rubico, never had cc/cd to compare with but i would assume its still in favor of dmg/ms overall, even if only a bit. the combo counter point shouldnt be ignored too, even if the raw dmg per shot was a bit better for cc/cd.

also, generally status proccs and status/crit consistency are important to note when mentioning multishot.

vor 10 Stunden schrieb schilds:

It's usually the case that some balance of all stats will be more effective over stacking one or two.

highly agree. i also came to this conclusion after hours and hours of testing in the past.

Edited by Xydeth