Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Freezing the PC?

-CM-Harbinger

I have had this issue for a while now. The warframe randomly (but rarely) freezes the entire PC (somewhat), although i can still sometimes Alt + Tab, selecting other programs does not do anything, and trying to close windows does not do anything either. This forces me to force a full restart, and for some reason that will reset my ingame settings (i have no idea why).

I am not sure if this is relevant, but i think it mostly happens when i have google chroma open and listening to youtube in the background.

I wouldnt say i have an OP PC, but its definitly not a potato:

CPU: i5-4690k

GPU: GTX 1060, 6Gb

RAM: 16Gb

Is there anything to permanently fix this issue?

Verify your download cache - fixed it for me. Also a trick I discovered is that if you sign out (by pressing ctrl+alt+del to get to the menu) it will kill warframe in the process to allow you to. Then just log back into Windows

8 hours ago, Trixarian said:

Verify your download cache - fixed it for me. Also a trick I discovered is that if you sign out (by pressing ctrl+alt+del to get to the menu) it will kill warframe in the process to allow you to. Then just log back into Windows

I have done that, and also doesnt it do that always when they release a large patch? but ill keep that trick in mind in case it happens again.

Yeah, just had the same problem today as well... Thats 2 days in a row, wich should probably be some kind of record or something.

The sign out trick did not work though, i waited like 10mins while it was trying to sign off, till i gave up and forced a restart. Forcing a restart is probably bad for the PC, so i rly hope they find a fix for this...

Same here. Sent DE logs every time the game froze. Tried to fix it with clean installed GPU drivers and without any autostart programs - didn't help. Checking and optimizing the cache helps for a very limited time.

What happens when you run it on DirectX 10 with low settings? Does it still crash? Also set Texture Memory to High and Dynamic Resolution to User - then just lower it to like 90 to see if it makes any difference. I read in another thread that it's happening with a lot of cards, so I'm starting to wonder if it's using graphical instructions it shouldn't and that's what's causing the bug. If it runs fine after that, you can systematically re-enable stuff to find the offending setting that's causing the crash 

It might be a problem with one of possible things listed here: https://www.warframe.com/hardwarefail

On 2019-04-13 at 7:55 AM, -CM-Harbinger said:

The warframe randomly (but rarely) freezes the entire PC (somewhat), although i can still sometimes Alt + Tab, selecting other programs does not do anything, and trying to close windows does not do anything either. This forces me to force a full restart, and for some reason that will reset my ingame settings (i have no idea why).

Windows file system might be corrupt, or maybe HDD / SSD might be failing or dying, but I am only guessing... Check it with HDD S.M.A.R.T. utility like CrystalDiskinfo or something else. For Samsung SSD storage, use Samsung Magician.

10 hours ago, Trixarian said:

What happens when you run it on DirectX 10 with low settings? Does it still crash? Also set Texture Memory to High and Dynamic Resolution to User - then just lower it to like 90 to see if it makes any difference. I read in another thread that it's happening with a lot of cards, so I'm starting to wonder if it's using graphical instructions it shouldn't and that's what's causing the bug. If it runs fine after that, you can systematically re-enable stuff to find the offending setting that's causing the crash 

since it used to be a rare instance, i didnt want to play with low settings the whole time, but ofc it works but im not sure if thats the issue, as it works with high settings and dx11 as well, untill it crashes. But tbh, i dont think lowering quality is the optimal solution for this issue 😛

7 hours ago, sam686 said:

It might be a problem with one of possible things listed here: https://www.warframe.com/hardwarefail

Windows file system might be corrupt, or maybe HDD / SSD might be failing or dying, but I am only guessing... Check it with HDD S.M.A.R.T. utility like CrystalDiskinfo or something else. For Samsung SSD storage, use Samsung Magician.

thank you for the link, ill check it out.