Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Terror Totem - Simple But Effective Tweak To Enemy Animations

shut

I have a somewhat easy-to-implement suggestion that will make using this skill ever more satisfying.

Current system: When Terror Totem is cast, enemies cease attacking and simply run about in seemingly random directions while glowing the caster's energy colour. The running animation is the same one as when they are chasing down their prey, so, frankly speaking, they don't look very terrified at all.

My suggestion: Simply change the animations of terrified Corpus and Grineer enemies to the same animation as the Capture Mission target who tries to flee from the Tenno. Hands over head and all that (with gun in hand, of course; we don't want them to go unarmed after the skill), and running about in the exact same pattern that they currently use. This way, they look like they're legitimately panicking, which makes Terrified enemies much easier to discern and makes the skill itself ever more satisfying to use.

Of course, the armature animations are going to need a small bit of tweaking (i.e. stretched a bit and angles slightly changed to suit Grineer enemies, and curled fingers of one hand around the weapon that the enemy was using), but it would just be one of those things that I (and many players who have Nekros) would really like to see added.

EDIT: Perhaps another little tidbit that possibly belongs in the Warframe&AbilitiesFeedback section more than it does here, but perhaps give the enemies a moderately small chance (say, 10%) to simply cower on the spot in fear, like the Capture Mission targets who don't run away, but simply sit on the spot in a surrendering position.

Edited by SortaRandom