Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

(PS4)LoisGordils

New Bow Ideas

1. ArchBow, as mentioned by a fellow Tenno here.

2. Grineer bow that fires Detonite-tipped arrows. Alt-fire detonates last arrow fired.

3. Infested Greatbow (Lenz, Daikyu) that shoots out arrows made from a Juggernaut's quills. Alt-fire launches a shotgun-like burst of quills akin to the Juggernaut's attack.

4. A Corpus bow that incorporates Cryotic. Regular shots apply a Cold proc, fully charged shots instantly freeze the target.

5. A Tenno Great-Crossbow with a scope that can used by pressing the alt-fire. Semi-auto, moderate fire-rate, very high damage.

6. Corpus bow that utilizes energy (or shields in Hyldrin's case) to fire arrows of pure lightning. Fully charged shots causes enemies to surge with electricity, immobilizing them for a few seconds.

1) Same mechanics as the Velocitus, why even bother?

2) Sounds cool but its just a delayed Thunderbolt Mod, would like to see it tho

3) Another mutalist bow, As i see it its a Cernos P and a Mutalist Cernos in 1? 

4) Literally the lenz but without the explosion.

5) Scope and high fire rate usually dont end very well with crossbows, they naturally have high recoil.

6) A weapon that uses my energy for CC. Think about that.

Concepts should already take into consideration whats already in the game, otherwise id ask for a bow that fires arrows with mini blades doing slash damage when the dread exist.

4 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

BECAUSE IT WOULD BE F***ING AWESOME THATS WHY!

Nothing awesome about releasing the same old content as new content, idk if they made a skin for the velocitus i can agree but its the same mechanics. not worth it imo.
even if we were to go through with it, (discussing the "functionality of the weapon" here it most likely would require alot of energy to accelerate the arrow (or bolt) to be able to do damage worth while, Which the Velocitus already does.

4 minutes ago, Gawizard said:

Nothing awesome about releasing the same old content as new content, idk if they made a skin for the velocitus i can agree but its the same mechanics. not worth it imo.
even if we were to go through with it, (discussing the "functionality of the weapon" here it most likely would require alot of energy to accelerate the arrow (or bolt) to be able to do damage worth while, Which the Velocitus already does.

So you’re completely against the idea of a giant bow because the physics don’t make sense?

Just now, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

So you’re completely against the idea of a giant bow because the physics don’t make sense?

no, im against it because its already in the game in the form of a Railgun.

5 minutes ago, Gawizard said:

We’re not asking for a railgun. We’re asking for a giant bow.

And the argument that “it’s to similar to this one other weapon” only stands to show that you detest any kind of content that isn’t absolutely 100% new. If DE only did that we’d only have 1 of each gun type and only 1 of each melee type. It would stagnate the game and ultimately make it boring.

Just now, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

We’re not asking for a railgun. We’re asking for a giant bow.

And the argument that “it’s to similar to this one other weapon” only stands to show that you detest any kind of content that isn’t absolutely 100% new. If DE only did that we’d only have 1 of each gun type and only 1 of each melee type. It would stagnate the game and ultimately make it boring.

Please tell me, in what different way, why a Archbow would be different than the Current Velocitus.

1 hour ago, Gawizard said:

Please tell me, in what different way, why a Archbow would be different than the Current Velocitus.

The projectile could do something different. Like explode.

It could act like a ballista and fire more than 1 arrow.

arrows drop off, bullets don’t.

you don’t have to reload a bow.

it would be the first silent archgun

Pulling back a bow that as big as you are looks cooler than just holding a big gun.

53 minutes ago, Gawizard said:

1) Same mechanics as the Velocitus, why even bother?

*Lanka exists*

Bows: Same mechanics as me? Why even bother?

3) Another mutalist bow, As i see it its a Cernos P and a Mutalist Cernos in 1? 

Where is it stated that it's normal-sized, Mutalist, that it should be status-based and leave Toxic clouds? Can you read?

4) Literally the lenz but without the explosion.

*Lenz exists*

Daikyu: You're literally me but with explosions

5) Scope and high fire rate usually dont end very well with crossbows, they naturally have high recoil.

Did I mention high fire-rate? Can you read?

6) A weapon that uses my energy for CC. Think about that.

Aha, so? The Hema uses HP. And besides, energy restoration is all too easy.

Concepts should already take into consideration whats already in the game, otherwise id ask for a bow that fires arrows with mini blades doing slash damage when the dread exist.

Your Paris augment mod suggestion uses Electricity damage and that is already Volt's mechanic... see how obnoxious that sounds?

All in all, I feel as if you're deliberately trying to find what ever poor argument to try and shut my ideas down. And, by taking a quick look at the hundreds of weapons ingame, it's clear DE doesn't care about taking an existing mechanic and giving it a new form. For example, Mutalist Cernos, Torid, Pox and Contagion Cloud all have the same effect: Leave a Toxin cloud

However, despite this, these are quite different. 

In conclusion: Your poor, short-sighted and stagnant philosophy that if something has fire, other things can't have fire would severely limit a game's variety. Fortunately, DE doesn't share such a limited ideology. 

PS: I actually like your Paris augment idea... despite Volt already using something similar. I would totally use it, though 

30 minutes ago, Gawizard said:

Do you play Anthem? If not, you should. The game has like 4 guns. All unique and mechanics don't repeat! :]