Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Do you have/What's your most memorable Warframe death(s)?

Zahnny

Recently, best one was finding out as others have that null bubbles reflect projectiles, My phantasma on a full charge blasted my Nidus to the stone age, sent the body flying from 3 impact blasts all at 100% pre multishot, magentized & gassed, first it caused the ragdolled body to slide back into the gascloud which taking time to get up from resulted in a dead Nidus as thats how I set it up if I want alt fire, make them have to do that recover animation that they cant break out of while stuck in a gas cloud, works great with electricity too.

But this? This was comedy gold, felt like I was watching an old goofy, looney tunes or Tex Avery cartoon, all i needed was the Wil e Coyote sign that said Ouch by the time it was done.

Great times.

Back when I was new to the game I did a solo hijack that proved to be beyond my power level. Used up all my revives so I was on my last life. At this point Life Strike dropped and I got really excited. When I was just a couple of meters away from extraction, I died. Didn't get that mod until 400 hours later into the game.

Another one happened yesterday. Was doing a survival fissure run with Gara equipped. Full life, full shields and her 2 active (that's 90% damage reduction). Nothing could touch me, until I just... died. No warning, no initial damage taken. Just 100 to 0 instantly. Don't know what happened.

Not the most silly but the most annoying. I was doing a radiation sortie and a Volt was spamming his 4th. Yep he got a radiation proc and insta killed me with his 4th.

Other idiotic death happened because of teammate triggering the laser in Void Defense mission.

Unfortunately this is how it is when you're in a public group.

Running some Index with a classic Rhino build.

Suddenely being propulsed to the sky (it was the open map) and never fall down. 

I never truly die and my mates never recover the fat stack of points that i carry.

My firts uses of Exodia Contagion on normal mission with tanky frames.

I jump forward on the same speed that the projectile and it OS me several times.

Never more use this thing outside openworlds.

8 hours ago, stalingaming24 said:

Use Lenz. Shoot oxium osprey as it charges towards me. Osprey explodes on impact with Lenz arrow killing me instantly 

I am reminded of when I shot a lenz arrow at a scorpion who dragged me into the blast with her.

Laughed real hard at that one.

11 hours ago, (PS4)Zero_029 said:

Literally dieing from nothing in the middle of an empty field.

I was just standing there, finished mining, took 1 step & died.

I was like: "Did I drown?" *imagines Cetus Doctor coming to Plains, seeing my corpse*

"Doctor what happened?"

Dr. "His lungs are filled with...water?"

Like seriously...

It laughed so hard. Eidolons? No problem. Stalker? No problem. Army of Grineer? No problem. Empty field? *dies a dogs death*

I have a similar experience yesterday on the Plains. I was fishing with Rihno and iron skin on (just in case). Sunnedly I got ragdoll to 10m from my fishing spot and die instantly.

Probably when the Stalker came for me whilst everyone, including myself, were stuck in a black semi-loading screen.

All spawned in and able to type/talk. Could hear the level moving around us but the screen was black. About 15 seconds in I get a message from Stalker saying 'You shall not leave this place' and I answered out loud 'True that' as I stared into the black nothingness that was Warframe.

We all 'spawn in' shortly afterwards and my lifeless corpse rests on the floor.

Good times xD

I once was in the midst of a John Prodman run, playing as Mesa. Everything was going swimmingly, Mesa was keeping the peace as well as she always does. Then BAM! out of nowhere I get catapulted some ridiculous hight into the sky, arms flailing like I'm trying to fly for the first time. It was quite a hilarious death. I'm glad I recorded it. Still good for a laugh. 

Recently, was doing Extractor on Pluto when the 3 Escapees show up. I was Volt Prime and somehow, all three hit me with the firebombs in one area.

Volt P burst into flames, rolled down the ramp as a burned to broil lump of meat. Did not realize that we had gotten to have such effects on our Frames from fire damage til that moment.

Way back when Ospreys were intensely overpowered with unclearable AoEs my friend and I with some pugs were doing a high level mission that was flooded with them. When mission was complete and we were running to exit my friend decided to shoot wildly at everything in the room right in front of extraction, which happened to be one of those airlock rooms with the strangely fragile glass...

So the windows broke and we were all trapped in a room with tons of Osprey which covered literally every inch of the area in damage AoEs and hacking the terminal wasn't possible so everyone died. As a Bonus Zenuka triggered while I was already downed and immediately captured me. First and only time I ever got captured. I still tease him about it every now and then

On 2019-04-14 at 11:38 AM, (NSW)CthulhuAzathoth said:

I have a similar experience yesterday on the Plains. I was fishing with Rihno and iron skin on (just in case). Sunnedly I got ragdoll to 10m from my fishing spot and die instantly.

Were you remembering to club your fish?

Cause unless it's "Just a wee one nothing to fear." They can be deadly!

Edited by (PS4)Zero_029

19 hours ago, Argenex said:

Instantly dieing in Arbitration; (Rhino, with 9500 iron skin and max armor and health) (back when it was first released), using the warframe log to research why I died, only to see:

took 1 damage at 740 health from a NULLIFIER CREWMAN using a SniperRifle

Which still happens to this day, and now it also happens on Orb Vallis.

Maybe some day they will fix it, don't hold your breath.

im not sure how much of a bug it would count as but, i think its intentional that enemies within nullifier bubbles ignore your abilities entirely, even when you arent in the bubble yourself. 

19 hours ago, Zeclem said:

im not sure how much of a bug it would count as but, i think its intentional that enemies within nullifier bubbles ignore your abilities entirely, even when you arent in the bubble yourself. 

It has nothing to do with the nullifier bubble, that is one example of several where there is a mis-calculation of damage where 1 damage is received, you have full health, full defensive up (be it ability, shields, or anything else at all), and the game borks and kills you.

I wasn't in a bubble, there wasn't a bubble, I received damage, 1 point of it, and instantly died. And no they can not magically shoot a bullet through your iron skin, bubble or no bubble.

It's a bad calculation, I didn't save every single example of it, but if you look back through the archives, you will literally find pages of people posting the same thing, with different corpus units, doing 1 point of damage to them, while either on full or high health, and them dieing instantly.

At one point the amount of posts were so bad that they were merged into a megathread...

It's a bug. It has never been addressed, in typical DE fashion it has been ignored.

Edited by Argenex

Was playing with a friend of mine who has astronomically bad ping.  It was a sort of game we'd play - he'd try to trick me into joining a squad he was host of, until one day I said screw it and let him host just to see how bad things would be, and see this : "bad ping detected (1300ms+)".  Mission starts and things are laggy as all hell, doors not wanting to open right, things teleporting everywhere, and had to do raindances on loot just to even have a chance to get them.  So i decided to put myself out of my misery and threw my javlok at my feet and killed myself.  Nothing glorious about the death itself... except that I died as Nidus and revived as a default base Nyx, which I didn't even have anymore  and other squad members could clearly see.  I vowed to never let my friend host again. 

Here's how it went down, I was deep in the void on a survival mission and I saw two guys go down in the middle of a huge mob of corrupted enemies. I was playing Umbra and I had my 5 forma amprex on me.

I could have user amprex to eat in to the mob, used ability 2 and 3 to shut bits of it down.

What I actually did was jump heroically in to the middle of them and get killed along with the other two guys.