The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thumpers are... Where do I even start?

lexandritte

On 2019-04-14 at 7:24 PM, lexandritte said:

instantly spining around hiding that weakpoint from you

I really like this about the Thumpers. I've never thought of this behaviour as trying to "face" me when I fight them, only as their attempt to defend their weakspots, which to me is awesome. Annoying, sure, but as an enemy they're supposed to try and do things to oppose you, and this action makes a lot of sense. I find this fight actually pretty exciting and the struggle it demands of you is a big contributor.

On 2019-04-14 at 7:24 PM, lexandritte said:

but the back two?

We can move a lot faster than the Thumper, and we have a wide open space to do it in. Bullet Jump, roll, slide, aim and shoot. Repeat.

I suppose something could be added. Thumpers could accept Status Effects which slow them, or they could have another weakspot that allows you overheat the Thumper for a moment, but I think your suggestion of "make it stop doing things so I can get free shots in" would make this a less entertaining fight.

On 2019-04-14 at 4:24 AM, lexandritte said:

Good fooking luck shooting those legs. Especially solo. Especially when it's two rear legs. Especially because Thumper AI constantly tries to face you so you can never get a solid shot on two rear legs. And that's 50% of it's HP in those legs.

Omg, so effing’ true.

I fought one. ONE. Since the remaster was released on console a few days ago.

This was my immediate and biggest complaint. Not like you can stun the dang thing either.

Although I was upset about the fish bait blueprints going away too. I hadn’t gotten them all yet. 😔

Now I gotta spend standing to get them? Ugh. Bring em’ back. I’m tired of content being “grandfathered in”. Just keep em’ as an option.

• Like 1