Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

ION Cloak Syandana?

Vespilan

Hi!

The ION Cloak Syandana by Yatus has been around as a concept for quite a while from what I know. It's been a long time fan favorite as, for example, seeing how many people have clicked it and added to their favorites as compared to other syandanas that are in the game:

Clicks        Favorites
ION Cloak*                  60 000       1200
Dominus Syandana    24 000        270
Styx Syandana           15 500        190

*Statistics are for the remastered version of the syandana. The one before had probably alot more clicks and favorites.

This begs the question; Why? I've read theories about how it isn't accepted because it's a cloak and thats not the style DE is going for, but this wouldn't make much sense seeing how the Sovereign - Blade of the Lotus Syandana or the Repala Syandana are a thing (the BotL with similar and the Repala with even much greater click /favorite ratings than the ION Cloak). I couldn't find anything on the forums regarding the syandana either.

Anyone know anything about it? I couldn't find any topics in the forum about it either. Me and probably alot of other players would really love seeing this syandana in game 

Edited by Vespilan

I feel you. Truth be told, no one knows why the cloak isn’t being accepted. You’d have thought it would have been released due to popularity but all we can really assume is that it’s a cloak and as you said, that’s not what DE wants. 

I’m pretty sure the creator revised the cloak twice in order to meet requirements too, but still no good news. I have a little faith tho, that cloak will come eventually... 

5 hours ago, (XB1)Jouna1 said:

Why do they not want cloaks?

they dont like the name "cloak" change its name to "tenno sheets" something generic @yatus

i saw a volt skin because the tennogen maker used the word "Sentient"

they got triggered and told the tennogen person their work wont be accepted

so that person had to change the name. 

?imw=268&imh=268&ima=fit&impolicy=Letterbox&imcolor=%23000000&letterbox=true

this syandanna is better looking than all other cape type syandannas in game

DE if ugly lantern syandannas can get accepted why is yatus going through so much work

to help you get sales by re changing this syandanna multiple times

Edited by (PS4)lokaspoka
  • Like 1

Would the name really be dramatic enough for the cloak to not be implemented? 
Also doesn't excal have a skin called "Sentient slayer"? Maybe because it doesn't really have a name? ION is the series it is in and cloak is just.. what it is. You wouldn't really want to name it "cloak". 

On 2019-04-14 at 12:37 PM, Vespilan said:

This begs the question; Why? I've read theories about how it isn't accepted because it's a cloak and thats not the style DE is going for, 

Its design relies on fitting close to the back of the Warframe and pinning close to the shoulders and onto the top of them, that's simply not possible due to the variation in Warframe design in that area.

All the others designs you mention pin to the back of the shoulders and baloon away from the frame back or pin to a movable shaft in the back, the ION cloak does not, hence it would look ridiculous suspended the same distance from the back of the Warframe.

How would that mesh attach to the top on the shoulders as the design required while accommodating:

• The backpack on frost?
  • The spine and spikes of Loki Prime
  • The spine of Nekros Prime
  • The spine of Nyx Prime
  • The open back of Valkyr and her Prime
  • Nova's jets

Just to name a few

Looks good in a picture, unimplementable in practice, hence it's never been selected.

Edited by SilentMobius

Eh DE just picks whatever suits their fancy and don't really give a S#&$ how good things are (or how bad things are). Not to be a hater but some Tennogen I wouldn't want even if DE paid me to just have them.

In a similar vein, a lot of nice things will never be accepted ... like how we don't have the Nidus BotL yet.

All the people saying that "DE won't pick it because capes don't belong in Warframe" are just speaking from a place conjecture and guess, repeated over and over until everyone thinks it's something true.  There has been no official quote or stance on the matter. 

This Syandana has personally been my most wanted Tennogen addition of all time, from the very first day I even learned about Tennogen.