Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The 24 hour wait for mastery rank test is the most garbage system in the history of everything.

(XBOX)KiryuStark

I have 2 days off from my job, 2 days. That's it. Then I go back and work for another week. I failed number 8. Now I have to wait half of my time off. I have to work to pay bills. I also use that money to buy things on warframe. I play games for fun. Not for work, not for extra stress and frustration. If I have to do the test 400 times because I'm not good enough yet I totally understand, but why the game has to waste my time waiting for EVERY little thing is ridiculous. I dont mind waiting for a new warframe to build because it isnt keeping me from playing the game, but keeping me from retrying a mastery level destroys any plans I had for what to do with my days off. Plus I have a booster running out in 13 hours. An item I paid for is going to waste because of a bad system. Put in a way to pay plat to skip the wait for mastery and I'll pay it. 

I dont care what anyone thinks of this statement. It is true for me and that's what I'm here to say. 

And before anyone says practice first, I did. I had the jumps down and completed it in practice finally. I knew what to do and I choked in the moment. Yes, my fault totally. The 23 hour wait isnt something i wrote though. It is an unforgiving, unfun and utterly awful time waster. Instead of boosting my new rank 8 guns for the next few hours I'm going to be stuck grinding the same garbage. 

At this point I feel a lot better having vented and got this out. I'm pretty calm about it now and already have a backup plan of what to do with my time off. I love warframe. It's the escape I always wanted, everything I ever wanted from a video game (besides letting my landing craft be a space Mustang but eh) and I couldnt be happier with 99% of it. Graphics are nice, controls and movement is sharp, variety of weapons and warframes are incredible. If I didnt care so much I wouldnt have even got mad. Maybe I was just mad at myself for choking. I mean I had that down. Knew what to do and failed all my attempts on the actual test. It's so discouraging. If I didnt have to pay for everything I own I probably would have thrown my controller through my TV. I dont think I've ever had a more disappointing moment in video game history. 

If you've read this far, please dont let this happen to you. Rank 5 and 8 are both hard for people with dexterity issues. 5 you can cheat with ciphers and thank goodness for that, but 8 is gonna require you to move correctly, not fast though. Dont rush. Let the aim glide take you to the next spot. Make sure your bullet jump is set before you hit the button. Practice a bunch and know your jump times. Take a breath and wait if you miss the first try. When it says zero tries left you still have one more and that's it. Try not to break anything if you fail. Find me online and we'll go farm something to get your mind off things. Pet a cat or dog. Smell some outdoor air and listen to birds chirping. 

To DE, thank you for making this game. To the players, thank you all for being awesome. 

• Like 7

There was a time when practicing the test wouldn't bar you from actually doing it straight away OR practicing as often as you'd like, but they've since added a 24 hour waiting period on it, which they mentionned was completely intended even, whether or not you pass the test in practice, which is... concerning? confusing? it takes away the point of having a practice mode in the first place. it's just a timegate trap now. i sincerely hope the dev team reconsiders that choice.

• Like 3

So now the game is locked and made unplayable if someone failed their mastery task?

I didn't read all but this is what I perceive from reading till the part you said it waste your time etc after you failed the test.

Edited by kyori
  • Like 3

Just now, Chicadino said:

There was a time when practicing the test wouldn't bar you from actually doing it straight away OR practicing as often as you'd like, but they've since added a 24 hour waiting period on it, which they mentionned was completely intended even, whether or not you pass the test in practice, which is... concerning? confusing? it takes away the point of having a practice mode in the first place. it's just a timegate trap now. i sincerely hope the dev team reconsiders that choice.

No it let me practice indefinitely even if I did have to watch the load screen a dozen or more times. Load in, fail, load out. That sucks the worst. I practiced A LOT.

Just now, kyori said:

So now the game is locked and made unplayable if someone failed their mastery task?

I didn't read all but this is what I perceive from reading till the part you said it waste your time etc after you failed the test.

No the game isnt locked but I had some rank 8 guns on my list to build today so I could grind them up tomorrow. Now I have to wait until tomorrow to build them and I'll have no time to use them before I go back to work. 

My dude. I can completely understand but really, this game is free but at a cost; the cost of a player's dedication and investment. Whatever money they don't make by having everyone pay a price tag, they make by selling "advance faster" deals or by having you here for as long as possible. That's the trade-off you agree to when you play Warframe.

I'm not saying it's fair, but that it's just like that. And this game is not at all friendly towards people with little time to spare. As for the dexterity issues, well, maybe something can be done about it, but I'm not sure what. I do know DE makes an effort so that these issues are not a thing and everyone can feel as included as possible, like it was with the color-blind people. 

If you can't manage to pass 8, have fun about most of the following ones.

9 annoyed me a long time since enemies have almost infinite range.

10 needs you to kill enemies while you need to jump from disappearing platfiorms

And 11 will be your dead end. It's basically 8 with additional time limit which can only be completed if you shoot dedicated targets while doing Parkour

you can watch videos in the wiki about it

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Mastery_Rank

better quit now then raging again

Edited by GnarlsDarkley
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

If you can't manage to pass 8, have fun about most of the following ones.

9 annoyed me a long time since enemies have almost infinite range.

10 needs you to kill enemies while you need to jump from disappearing platfiorms

And 11 will be your dead end. It's basically 8 with additional time limit which can only be completed if you shoot dedicated targets while doing Parkour

you can watch videos in the wiki about it

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Mastery_Rank

better quit now then raging again

At that point I will find a homeless ninja and pay them to do it for me. I've seen it on movies before, theres always a mister miyagi living behind the grocery store waiting to save someone from their own incompetence 🙂

You know what?  It does suck that you can't level your MR8 stuff like you planned to.

But as you said, you practiced until you had it down, despite some dexterity issues. I have a movement disorder and a damaged hand due to a past injury myself, so I get it. You just choked in the moment. Almost all of us have done this at some point in our lives. You're understandably a bit frustrated right now, but you've got this, and despite the unfortunate wait, you'll get it tomorrow.

The good news is that any MR you do happen to gain during this time is at least not wasted, it still goes toward your progress to MR9.  If there are any pre-built credit-purchased Market weapons you haven't yet snagged (any of the MK-1s, Lato, etc), this may be a good time to look into that since you wouldn't have to wait on the build time.  It's quite possible you've already done all of those, but I figured it was worth a mention just in case.

Whatever you choose to do between now and your next shot at the test, I hope you have some fun 🙂

Edited by Andvarja
I accidentally a word

1 minute ago, Andvarja said:

It's quite possible you've already done all of those, but I figured it was worth a mention just in case.

I have plenty I can be working on and I'm glad to hear that mr carries over. That was the big issue. Feeling trapped by having to grind maxed out stuff so I didnt get Mr and waste it. Thanks!

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, (XB1)KiryuStark said:

I'm glad to hear that mr carries over. That was the big issue.

complaining no one read their post but instead don't read information which was provided/available

:thumbup:

"Excess mastery points are not lost if a player reaches the amount required to advance a rank — these will automatically fill the next mastery bar, displayed only once the player has succeeded on the rank-up test."

Edited by GnarlsDarkley

7 minutes ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

complaining no one read their post but instead don't read information which was provided/available

"Excess mastery points are not lost if a player reaches the amount required to advance a rank — these will automatically fill the next mastery bar, displayed only once the player has succeeded on the rank-up test."

You got me!

1 hour ago, (XB1)KiryuStark said:

And before anyone says practice first, I did. I had the jumps down and completed it in practice finally.

I honestly never practice anymore because of the number of times I've nailed it in practice just to blow it on the test. Always makes me feel like I wasted my "good run".

But yea, don't worry, you won't lose out on accumulating just because you've not passed the MR test. I know someone who had 4 ranks banked before he eventually passed one of the tests.

8 minutes ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

There's a solid difference between not paying attention in a conversation you voluntarily entered in to and not finding information you never knew existed. 🙄

• Like 1

Ah yeah

Test 8 was tough for me the first time too.

Since WF has Very Limited in-game documentation, at the time I had No Idea that Bullet Jumping even existed; and had been trying to double hop my way through it and failing.

Kind of a trap really, I came into the game and the first thing I did was reconfigure my controls to resemble other first person shooters; which made bullet jumping nearly impossible. (PS4 Controller Ergonomics)

So I never knew about it or even accidentally activated it till the test forced me to ask people what was up with these impossible jump distances... and had to reconfigure everything all over again.

the 24hour wait hasn't really bugged me; and in that case I needed the time anyway to relearn all the controls and movement...

You mess up, you wait. It's makes sense to me. Frankly, if you failed in some real life test, would you be allowed another try right away? No. You would be given time to prepare again and think about what you did wrong. And it's one stupid day for Satan's sake, I mean, you can try every next day, it's not like you have to wait week, month or year, so stop this drama, please.

Edited by CoreXCZ

On 2019-04-19 at 6:05 AM, CoreXCZ said:

You mess up, you wait. It's makes sense to me. Frankly, if you failed in some real life test, would you be allowed another try right away? No. You would be given time to prepare again and think about what you did wrong. And it's one stupid day for Satan's sake, I mean, you can try every next day, it's not like you have to wait week, month or year, so stop this drama, please.

It wasnt drama, I was venting and if you read the whole thing it ended on a positive note. I beat it the next day and already beat the next one too. Dont give it too much thought, this is old news.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 2019-04-19 at 11:46 PM, Els236 said:

You wait till you get to 23.

Mastery Rank-up 23 is absolute hell. 

I thought 19 and 21 were bad, but oh my, 23 is likely going to take me a week to complete, if not longer.

Yeah that one takes really fine control. was lucky to get it in one go tough.

But let be warn you, you are not going to like the mr 26 test if this one is harsh for you. Its the advanced version and also goes vertical.