Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The 24 hour wait for mastery rank test is the most garbage system in the history of everything.

(XBOX)KiryuStark

On 2019-04-19 at 5:46 PM, Els236 said:

You wait till you get to 23.

Mastery Rank-up 23 is absolute hell. 

I thought 19 and 21 were bad, but oh my, 23 is likely going to take me a week to complete, if not longer.

Eh, 19 I literally sniped everything from the starting pedestal with a Redeemer prime... one pellet always goes straight and true and the enemies have like 1hp.  Anything dealing with stealth is a PITA as a test though.

...Tests that ironically would serve better as newbie tutorials/training.  Void damn it, DE...

in The Secret World, they had a sort of gate keeper test you had to pass in order to make nightmare instances available. this test had no restriction on how many times you could attempt it because it was seriously challenging.

Warframe MR tests are nothing more than a waste of time. if you can get past the tutorial that teaches you basics of the game, then the tutorial that teaches you the basics of parkour, you have learned all you need to about this game. anything else after that is learn on the fly.

some of the MR tests are trivialized by frames that circumvent parts its supposed to test you on. both of the MR tests that make you cap moving points while being under fire are trivialized by limbo. interception tests are trivialized by frost and so on.

MR is not important enough to require any type of time restriction.

On 2019-04-29 at 8:43 PM, Lost_Cartographer said:

.  Anything dealing with stealth is a PITA as a test though

That's the funny thing about this though. 8 was a headache because of the precise jumps required but 9 was stealth and I aced it. I'm an old school metal gear player from before first person was even an option so this type of watch and wait test is my jam. 10 ended up being another jumping course so it took me a few practice tries and then I just used zephyr to ease the difficulty. Ended up with like 6 out of 9 platforms left after killing all the enemies. 

I was REALLY frustrated when I wrote this and unfortunately I cant find any way to delete my posts. Its embarrassing almost but then I think it might be here for someone else to identify with and learn from. 

• Like 2

quite frankly i have no idea how you console jockeys even manage basic warframing with a controller, i tried warframe on my ps4 and i cant do a blasted thing close to how i manage on pc, even bullet jump/glide/rolling is a nightmare for me, nm using the controller to actually aim at something.  No surprise people have issues with the MR tests, they might nail it 100% of the time in the practice then just have a controller fart on the real thing and their knackered, cant be fun.

Edited by Methanoid
  • Like 2

On 2019-05-02 at 3:38 PM, (XB1)KiryuStark said:

I've considered switching to a mouse and keyboard configuration but it will take some adjustments. Thankfully xbox let's you do that with warframe now. 

last i checked tho you cant change any keybinds, the ps4 version sounds awesome at first, being able to use a keyboard and mouse, which i have tried, but you are stuck with non configurable keybinds making it highly uncomfortable to play, making the whole KB/Mouse side of things utterly redundant.

Edited by Methanoid

On 2019-04-14 at 8:34 AM, GnarlsDarkley said:

10 needs you to kill enemies while you need to jump from disappearing platfiorms

And 11 will be your dead end. It's basically 8 with additional time limit which can only be completed if you shoot dedicated targets while doing Parkour

Update: I beat 10 first time trying with 6 platforms left thanks to zephyr. I failed 11 the first time but came back the next day and aced it. The frustration I felt that morning was directly tied to a time sensitive booster I bought and being unable to build a gun I wanted. #8 has a few weapon unlocks attached. I believe it was the akvasto I was wanting to work on. Either way all the angst I had in the beginning of the post was gone after I vented. I just went ahead and posted because I imagine other people feel that way too and could use some solidarity.

Now to find out what fresh hell will be waiting at  Mr 12, 13 and 14 so I can finally build this sybaris prime I been sitting on. 

On 2019-05-01 at 1:39 PM, Methanoid said:

quite frankly i have no idea how you console jockeys even manage basic warframing with a controller, i tried warframe on my ps4 and i cant do a blasted thing close to how i manage on pc, even bullet jump/glide/rolling is a nightmare for me, nm using the controller to actually aim at something.  No surprise people have issues with the MR tests, they might nail it 100% of the time in the practice then just have a controller fart on the real thing and their knackered, cant be fun.

Motion control on switch helps a lot (but it could still be improved). You just get used to it and compensate I guess. Warframe does still feel like a PC game, though, so I’ll concede that it’s the better platform. When I upgrade my PC I might start another account. I want to try and do a minimum mastery rank run. Possibly starter weapons only or maybe expand to MR1 weapons. 

There is honestly no valid reason to justify a 24 cooldown on a "skill" based challenge in a video game. Apply this to any video game you can think of and it's ridiculous.

Method fails to one shot a Mythic raid boss.... wait 24 hours to try again. Go do Mythic+ dungeons and learn from your mistakes.

Die to a Dark Souls boss..... wait 24 hours to try again. Go fight other bosses it's only a 24 hour wait.

Miss timed that jump in Super Mario Bros..... wait 24 hours to try again. Practice lower levels till you git gud. 

Missed that first shot in Angry Birds...... wait 24 hours to try again. Play a different challenge you won't lose any progress.

Seriously sounds stupid in any game you apply it to...... Including Warframe!

Edited by Wildeheart

On 2019-04-14 at 6:15 AM, (XB1)KiryuStark said:

I have 2 days off from my job, 2 days. That's it. Then I go back and work for another week. I failed number 8. Now I have to wait half of my time off. I have to work to pay bills. I also use that money to buy things on warframe. I play games for fun. Not for work, not for extra stress and frustration. If I have to do the test 400 times because I'm not good enough yet I totally understand, but why the game has to waste my time waiting for EVERY little thing is ridiculous. I dont mind waiting for a new warframe to build because it isnt keeping me from playing the game, but keeping me from retrying a mastery level destroys any plans I had for what to do with my days off. Plus I have a booster running out in 13 hours. An item I paid for is going to waste because of a bad system. Put in a way to pay plat to skip the wait for mastery and I'll pay it. 

I dont care what anyone thinks of this statement. It is true for me and that's what I'm here to say. 

And before anyone says practice first, I did. I had the jumps down and completed it in practice finally. I knew what to do and I choked in the moment. Yes, my fault totally. The 23 hour wait isnt something i wrote though. It is an unforgiving, unfun and utterly awful time waster. Instead of boosting my new rank 8 guns for the next few hours I'm going to be stuck grinding the same garbage. 

At this point I feel a lot better having vented and got this out. I'm pretty calm about it now and already have a backup plan of what to do with my time off. I love warframe. It's the escape I always wanted, everything I ever wanted from a video game (besides letting my landing craft be a space Mustang but eh) and I couldnt be happier with 99% of it. Graphics are nice, controls and movement is sharp, variety of weapons and warframes are incredible. If I didnt care so much I wouldnt have even got mad. Maybe I was just mad at myself for choking. I mean I had that down. Knew what to do and failed all my attempts on the actual test. It's so discouraging. If I didnt have to pay for everything I own I probably would have thrown my controller through my TV. I dont think I've ever had a more disappointing moment in video game history. 

If you've read this far, please dont let this happen to you. Rank 5 and 8 are both hard for people with dexterity issues. 5 you can cheat with ciphers and thank goodness for that, but 8 is gonna require you to move correctly, not fast though. Dont rush. Let the aim glide take you to the next spot. Make sure your bullet jump is set before you hit the button. Practice a bunch and know your jump times. Take a breath and wait if you miss the first try. When it says zero tries left you still have one more and that's it. Try not to break anything if you fail. Find me online and we'll go farm something to get your mind off things. Pet a cat or dog. Smell some outdoor air and listen to birds chirping. 

To DE, thank you for making this game. To the players, thank you all for being awesome. 

I think one of the biggest issues with implementing the ability to pay to skip the mastery test, is that it has a point of anchoring players from speed rushing to the endgame, in theory with the ability to skip the test, you would see max MR players around who haven't even played for 3 months(I realize material collection is a thing too for BP's but with help isn't hard to collect fast). If I wanted to, I can max my MR experience for my level in about 2-3 hours of grinding on hydron. Or there would be people like me who are half invested into the grind, have all the materials(or most of) we will ever need. i'd personally max my MR out in a matter of days with all the resources that I currently have.(yes theres 24 hour wait between gear builds, however if I'm willing to pay to skip my test, im gunna pay to build my stuff faster too)

I do feel your pain however, I often work camp jobs with 14-4 rotations which restricts my "Me" time as well. I did end up bringing a laptop to camp, combined with the hotspot on my phone I can still play solo warframe and get my daily stuff done but thats about all that connection can do for me. 

PS. I also practice the snot out of my MR 8 test only to choke last second and fail it once. So ya that happens. Really sucks when your still rearing to go again but the game just says no.

Personally wouldn't be opposed to paying to skip the wait time to retry the test or at least greatly reduce it, but not to skip it entirely.

I could see being able to skip the test, and reaching MR ranks fast AF throwing the economy of the game off as the demand for everything would skyrocket. prices would then take a similar turn. I could see more bought plat flooding the market due to this, and DE would probably need to implement some more Plat sinks(things players pay plat for that removes said plat from the player economy)

On 2019-04-19 at 4:05 AM, CoreXCZ said:

You mess up, you wait. It's makes sense to me. Frankly, if you failed in some real life test, would you be allowed another try right away? No. You would be given time to prepare again and think about what you did wrong. And it's one stupid day for Satan's sake, I mean, you can try every next day, it's not like you have to wait week, month or year, so stop this drama, please.

If you read and comprehended his full post you would realize that this wasn't drama. Some people just need to vent, he didn't attack the game in any way. He didn't say anything bad about the game, its people, or DE. He just expressed his frustration about a mechanic that restricted the way he wanted to play(this is a great way to get other peoples opinions in matters and in the end can make you feel better once you have heard other views that you may or may not have thought of yourself.)

the wait really is garbage, i just practiced my MR27 test like 4 times and figured out a way to get it done with loki prime and titania but when i went to do the real thing with titania i got destroyed once and lost all the points i flew around and grabbed because i had to turn off my 4 to drop the points in and then was stuck waiting for points to respawn because of one death and i can't redo the real test until tomorrow night 😕 I WANT A DAMN DO OVER !!!!

The 24hr wait is evil incarnate.

Give me enough tries in a row, and I'll "get into the groove" of what needs to be done... given a one off chance each day totally breaks that flow... even switching from "Practice" to "Qualify" changes the entire tone of the thing, and causes more problems... stress free, just practicing, I have gotten many of the stupid mastery tests done, no problem... once it's in Qualify mode, all bets are off, and things always go wrong.

It would be much more fun if there were no wait, and all that the test was gating you by was your actual ability to ... you know, clear the test... like I have, a dozen times in practice...

Edited by (PS4)AyinDygra
No particular mastery test being cited here... this applies to them all.