Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

why ppl who speak foreign language get kicked from region?

Air-mage

If you are in an english chat room, you are supposed to speak english, to be polite to the people that do not understand other languages.
Plus, if it's between each other, use 1:1 chat, or use the appropriate server for the language you want to use.

Edited by Nakrast
  • Like 5

3 minutes ago, Nakrast said:

If you are in an english chat room, you are supposed to speak english, to be polite to the people that do not understand other languages.
Plus, if it's between each other, use 1:1 chat, or use the appropriate server for the language you want to use.

Why name it regional chat tho, if someone cant even speak language based on their regional server. Imo they should change the name to global chat and call it a day.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Zephyr_TheMLGPro said:

Why name it regional chat tho, if someone cant even speak language based on their regional server. Imo they should change the name to global chat and call it a day.

Or people could just think before doing something.
Why would you use the English client, if you don't want to use the English language in all the open chats?
No need to rename anything. People just need to use their brain.

• Like 3

il y a 10 minutes, Air-mage a dit :

like,not only from speaking with each other, but even from jokes, like no,mon buagette! too, wtf

As a french, I feel offended that you're writing baguette "buagette". If I had been here, I would have kicked you too. :clem:

...ok, joke aside (yes, that was a joke), don't blame the kickbot. Blame all those guys who would have abused the system if the bot hadn't been there.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Zephyr_TheMLGPro said:

Because it is a regional chat based on a regional server. And not a global chat.

I'm brazilian and I use the client in english. Doesn't mean I need to write everything in portuguese in the regional chat. If I'm using the english client in a english chat, I write in english.

Its simple. If I want to speak in portuguese, I change the client to portuguese.

• Like 5

The best thing would be to make other chat rooms so in global chat which consists trading, recruiting too the english will remain the used language but you could be able to make channells for your native groups. This works on other games in warframe somehow not. EVE online has a better chat component and you can also use in game wiki too. Warframe is in this part is somehow prehistoric.

Also if you wish to speak to on your native language just change the client. Also the number of supported languages is small there so the best option would be to improve the chat. My humble opinion.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Air-mage said:

like,not only from speaking with each other, but even from jokes, like no,mon buagette! too, wtf

Because it's already hard enough for the mods/bots to moderate/botterate the chat in a single language. It is unreasonable to expect them to moderate in multiple languages and as they likely do not know what people are saying it is literally impossible for them to properly moderate the chat. So the easiest solution is to limit the chat to a language that the moderators/bots are familiar with so they can do their job. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Zephyr_TheMLGPro said:

Because Regional Chat refers to the Liset chat i.e in between mission, non-hub chat. It has nothing to do with EU, US or anything like that. It is also not a global chat because it cannot be accessed outside of the Liset and Dojo iirc.

6 hours ago, Nakrast said:

Europe is groped together so the French and English are mixed together with no way to separate unless the English use American but that can have a slow connection

3 hours ago, (PS4)josloud24 said:

Europe is groped together so the French and English are mixed together with no way to separate unless the English use American but that can have a slow connection

If you set your game to french, you will have a french region chat. If you set the game to english you have the english region chat. They are not mixed together

• Like 3

5 hours ago, K4RN4 said:

If you set your game to french, you will have a french region chat. If you set the game to english you have the english region chat. They are not mixed together

Wait, region chat takes you region from client language settings instead of region selected in gameplay menu?

EDIT: changing region seems to show different people in chat so...

Edited by lnfine

36 minutes ago, lnfine said:

Wait, region chat takes you region from client language settings instead of region selected in gameplay menu?

EDIT: changing region seems to show different people in chat so...

Because there are 2 filter, 1 is based on client language and another is region. Ever wonder why there isn't anyone speaking Chinese/Japanese/Korean/whatever on Asia region chat when you're using English client? Now you know. Switch your client to another language and you'll see a whole world of people you've never seen before.

Edited by -AiLuoLi-
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, -AiLuoLi- said:

Because there are 2 filter, 1 is based on client language and another is region. Ever wonder why there isn't anyone speaking Chinese/Japanese/Korean/whatever on Asia region chat when you're using English client? Now you know. Switch your client to another language and you'll see a whole world of people you've never seen before.

God, this is awful.

We need EVE Online style chat, because this one is pretty much unusable.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Air-mage said:

Back to the original question, your kick may be because the "mon baguette" part can be offensive to French people. I get it, it's a meme, but those are banned too because they are considered spam, as far as I know. So you lose anyway.

While it's also possible that users speaking a language which moderators and bots can't understand will be kicked because of this, in your situation it's not likely. If I understand you right, the rest of the sentence was in English, just the baguette part was French.  

On 2019-04-14 at 8:28 PM, CaptainMeowth said:

As a french, I feel offended that you're writing baguette "buagette". If I had been here, I would have kicked you too. :clem:

...ok, joke aside (yes, that was a joke), don't blame the kickbot. Blame all those guys who would have abused the system if the bot hadn't been there.

He should be kicked for bad french!

Edited by bibmobello

32 minutes ago, HellVOps said:

unusable? do explain. 

Well, imagine that not only localizations translate quests, NPC dialogs yadda yadda. Localizations also translate specific game terms like mods, weapons, skills. This makes it pretty much impossible to use wiki, possibly market and otherwise out-of-game information resources in a language different from your client one. Hell, it's impossible to use some game features, because can't even properly link mods between different language versions AFAIK.

Therefore it's optimal to use english client because most of the outside information sources are in english.

Was the same problem in EVE Online actually, people were boycotting localizations until CCP implemented a mixed localization approach that allows to view both original and translated terms and item names within the same client.

But having region chat filter both on region and client version means that by using english client purely for convenience sake you are locking yourself out of your native language region chat.

And considering EVE-like custom chats don't exist, by choosing a non-native language client you just lock yourself out of socialization, because you need a right combination of client language and selected region to even meet other people.

15 hours ago, lnfine said:

Well, imagine that not only localizations translate quests, NPC dialogs yadda yadda. Localizations also translate specific game terms like mods, weapons, skills. This makes it pretty much impossible to use wiki, possibly market and otherwise out-of-game information resources in a language different from your client one. Hell, it's impossible to use some game features, because can't even properly link mods between different language versions AFAIK.

Therefore it's optimal to use english client because most of the outside information sources are in english.

Was the same problem in EVE Online actually, people were boycotting localizations until CCP implemented a mixed localization approach that allows to view both original and translated terms and item names within the same client.

But having region chat filter both on region and client version means that by using english client purely for convenience sake you are locking yourself out of your native language region chat.

And considering EVE-like custom chats don't exist, by choosing a non-native language client you just lock yourself out of socialization, because you need a right combination of client language and selected region to even meet other people.

Even worst considering the fact that you can get matched up with people of different client. I don't even chat talk in squad anymore since all I see is **********. And even if we converse in English, we can't link anything either since it shows up as [***] on different client.

That feeling when you join a squad and everyone but you is speaking the language of the asterisk god. I straight up leave squad sometimes. That's how salty I am.

Edited by -AiLuoLi-
  • Like 1