Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Enemy Radar

SECURATYYY

Would it be possible to have enemy radar highlight enemies through walls? Up to a certain distance, dictated my +radar. Either an overlay, or a halo similar to the Argonak. I don't think it would be game breaking, and Naramon already has something similar. It would make punch-through a little bit better, as well be a minor buff to Ivara(passive).

Right now a lot of the time I'm looking at the corner of my screen instead of where the action is. Also I play with a friend who has very impaired vision, and something like this would really be a benefit to him and others.

EDIT: Overlay/halo color determined by Energy Color.

Edited by SECURATYYY

That's pretty much why Animal Instinct was the best worst mod they made in a long time.

Every since it's addition I mostly play with my mini map until around lvl 200+ when I actually have to bother aiming.

That's not really the mods fault much as the game's fundamental design and lack of opposition in difficulty.

Yeah. I feel that if we had outlines around them, or something similiar, it would be an asset. Certain missions you're just trying to kill the last few enemies, and instead of bumping into walls while looking at the minimap, you can spot them right away.

8 hours ago, IceFire909 said:

why not just click the button that makes your map appear on screen that way you can stare at where you're going AND the enemies around you detected by radar...

That's an option, however it does obscure your vision as a result. Also it doesn't indicate if the enemy is above or below you, or stuck in a wall.

I know you can set options for it such as opacity and rotation lock, but at least to me that's far too distracting in a survival. I only use that when I'm hunting for caches or medallions or something similar.

I will disagree with this suggestion:

• the game is easy enough, and if you know the tilesets, you know where the enemy marked is unless they are glitched in the map.
  • if they are glitched in the map, you can just pull your codex scanner and see where (and hope you have a punch through weapon)
  • I don't think players should, in general, know not only where the enemy is but even what type it is.   

It be akin to just putting one-way glass everywhere. 

12 hours ago, IceFire909 said:

why not just click the button that makes your map appear on screen that way you can stare at where you're going AND the enemies around you detected by radar...

nah, i finde this overlayed map too annoying for some reason - though i do more often than not play by looking at the mini-map instead of the main-display (but only because i know most title-sets by heart after all those years and can nearly navigate and fight blindfolded in them).

the 'look-through' mechanic of the naramon school is a fun thing and even partly usefull (even though the whole punch-though mechanic isn't what it should be) but i think it would be better suited to the weapon department than in the frames... too bad though there isn't any free space in most of our weapons to put such gadget in - so maybe we should also ask for an 'exilus slot' equivalent for weapons whereas such a mod could be placed in?

On 2019-04-15 at 3:59 AM, IceFire909 said:

The onscreen map does not have trabslucency settings which renders it both distracting and annoying for many people. 

I don't think adding highlights to enemies with enemy radar is a good idea. However I wouldn't be opposed to a new mod that only highlights nearby enemies.