Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightwave feels boring now

Blaudari

Why I feel like nightwave is boring now is because while the challenges do slightly get repetitive and mostly easy (for me) I got to Nightwave Tier 32 (30 tiers and prestige 2 tier) and all i'm getting is Wolf cred but only 15 and now its just meh if that's all you get back to back is wolf cred it's not really exciting to me and while yes you can get an orokin catalyst/reactor that is built, I would have to spend a whole week to get about 3-4 tiers (5 if lucky) and just for 1-2 orokin catalyst/reactor and its not rewarding enough for me to come back, I just get my daily login now and get off. Nightwave in the beginning was heavily rewarding once started as you get wolf cred sure but warframe/weapon slots, Kuva, Emotes, New Mods,orokin catalyst and New Cosmetics, it no longer feels rewarding if I only get 15 wolf cred maybe if we got 30 wolf cred i guess but 15 isn't really rewarding (to me personally) and I start losing interest as what am I supposed to do? Sure farm for some warframes (not khora), build them then rank them up to 30,toss them if I don't like them (which usually happens) and repeat I want to remind everyone DE said they want to get railjack and the New War quest (correct me if i'm wrong) before tennocon but we have i think 3-4 months left I hope they at least get railjack out before tennocon because to me it looks impossible to get 2 major updates and content out in 3-4 months, I love the game and I support DE but please make Nightwave a bit more rewarding after we get all 30 tiers for the current season or change it up like give 15 (or 30 unsure if itll change) wolf cred then give 10k kuva (since it is prestige tier 1 and up) wolf cred then 5k Endo, this is just an Idea and maybe other players have better ideas for prestige nightwave tiers or maybe DE will make it better in the future I don't know. I just hope DE does something about it.

4 minutes ago, Datam4ss said:

Make it give Kuva every level so I can reroll my Kohm Riven more.

I am too lazy to farm Kuva S or Flood nowadays.

I've said from the start ranks after tier 30 should be kuva. It's more likely that vets reach that stage and they don't want wolf credits. Wolf credits should be in the earlier tiers.

2 minutes ago, Talinthis said:

agreed, op. challenges have been repeating since 4 weeks in, i did the first nightwave, and it will be my last. whatever rank i get in the others will be fine by me. it isnt something i am going to actively do.

That's what we get after people complaining of different things.

Capture hydrolyst, Complained

Silver groove scepter, Complained

Slightly hard quest, complained

Then we got easy one that people can done it while playing normally, Complained

Wtf you guys want?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Gruiz said:

Wtf you guys want?

Challenges that don't require a 10-week commitment? Maybe alerts with a weekly timer that provide rewards that you can choose and are actually useful? Nah, let's agree we all just wanted a battle pass.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Gruiz said:

Wtf you guys want?

The understanding that painting the community in broad strokes is disingenuous and misleading.  "People" may have complained but it wasn't the same people every time.

• Like 1

Players who have Prestige levels should gain access to a daily assassinate mission for the Wolf of Saturn Six. Every 3 Ranks after level 30 should reduce the cool-down of this mission by 1 hour or change the drop table for the Wolf. Dedication to the system should reward a dedicated mission to farm the assassin with the loot everyone wants.

Wolf Credits would be useful if we could buy other items with it. Let us buy Arch-Gun Riven Mods or Sentinel Riven Mods for 50 Wolf Credits or something.

The main reason Nightwave is boring is because DE wants to make sure no one misses out on stuff, and that is not how a seasonal system works. This was a problem with Sorties and bathing in Fusion Cores given people complained about not wanting to potentially miss Karak, Dera, Sheev, Strun, Snipetron, Latron, etc., and it is no different now with Nightwave Credits. This isn't a new issue. People will always complain about something until they can easily get everything, and DE never ignores that audience (Profit-Taker, Exploiter, Tusk Thumper, Semi-challenging Nightwave challenges (irony), etc.).

Edited by Voltage

9 minutes ago, Gruiz said:

Wtf you guys want?

Well said.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Voltage said:

Players who have Prestige levels should gain access to a daily assassinate mission for the Wolf of Saturn Six. Every 3 Ranks after level 30 should reduce the cool-down of this mission by 1 hour or change the drop table for the Wolf. Dedication to the system should reward a dedicated mission to farm the assassin with the loot everyone wants.

Wolf Credits would be useful if we could buy other items with it. Let us buy Arch-Gun Riven Mods or Sentinel Riven Mods for 50 Wolf Credits or something.

Ooh I like that idea! Should make the assassination mission spawn wolf at like level 200 or something though. 

Edited by Zilchy

8 minutes ago, Zilchy said:

Ooh I like that idea! Should make the assassination mission spawn wolf at like level 200 or something though. 

Hell, reaching rank 40 could reward a Stratos Emblem mark or something. There are things in Warframe that can be rewards without being expensive or treasured items that would still give meaning to the ranks after 30.

• Like 3

Just now, Voltage said:

Hell, reaching rank 40 could reward a Stratos Emblem mark or something. There are things in Warframe that can be rewards without being expensive or treasured items that would still give meaning to the ranks after 30.

Very true, I haven't added to my stratos emblem in a long time 😞

I think in general the best rewards would be kuva and things on your profile or badges etc as you mentioned. Something that interests longer term because they're the more likely to reach that sort of rank and it can give newer players something to aim for as well.

54 minutes ago, Zilchy said:

I've said from the start ranks after tier 30 should be kuva. It's more likely that vets reach that stage and they don't want wolf credits. Wolf credits should be in the earlier tiers.

what wolf credits offer arent anything special  the mods or the alt helmets if you dont have them already,

the other thing my friend pointed out who is new to the game agrees that players who are looking for a challenge are feeling left out and DE is catering to players who want it easy and not work for it as well as my friend who recently started playing warframe a month and a half ago they are just trying to unlock the solar system, doing missions and minding their own business and they get invaded by the wolf of saturn six back to back at one point but im trying hard to get him to spawn and nothing, i've only fought him 4 times throughout this entire season I feel like nightwave should adapt based on progress of the game like if you haven't done the 2nd dream then it should adapt you with challenges that you can do since you haven't done "The Second Dream" Quest so that players like us who are again looking for a challenge and can take on eidolons won't feel left out and we get the challenges we need/want and players who are starting out new (I guess) can still get rewards for nightwave. I also feel like Nightwave should adapt to your progress just like the challenges idk these are just ideas.

Edited by Betaplayer2

One of the problems with nightwave is pleasing both the multitude of normal players and the handful of long term players with thousands of hours of play time.

The veterans want content that isn't trivial for their broken meta set ups and only care about kuva and cosmetics. Average players are the ones who need wolf creds, forma, orokin reactors, etc and they need "easy" challenges to get them.

It's not going to be possible to accommodate the average player base while catering to people who have 4k play hours. Going half way with a compromise will just make the whole thing feel hollow to both camps.

Nightwave doesn't have the flexibility or design for a solid compromise either. I also have trouble understanding what a "hard challenge" in this game is. It's a looter shooter with some fun community aspects. You either have the numbers to beat something or you don't. If I want challenge I will go play some of my old NES games or maybe Dark Souls. Challenge is not something Warframe is designed to offer.

There are no hard missions or challenges, just challenges of the same difficulty gated for players at different ranks, gear, and faction standing. This makes Nightwave unable to ever actually be satisfying for anyone.

I liked alerts. If I saw one I wanted to do, then I did it. It was as simple as that.

58 minutes ago, (PS4)psycofang said:

Before anyone says that its set in stone and they can't change the missions the last patch to nightwave proves you wrong.

I wasn't really paying attention to the patches please explain what they did?
I know I should pay attention to them they are important.

1 hour ago, Betaplayer2 said:

I wasn't really paying attention to the patches please explain what they did?
I know I should pay attention to them they are important.

I think they’re referring to when some challenges were not working as intended, and DE swapped them out with previous challenges on the fly. It’s impossible to know if they swapped all of the harder challenges out for easier ones these past weeks or if they planned for it to get easier all along.

edit: probably a little of both lol

Edited by (PS4)nekokujo

1 hour ago, BeldarTheBrave said:

One of the problems with nightwave is pleasing both the multitude of normal players and the handful of long term players with thousands of hours of play time.

The veterans want content that isn't trivial for their broken meta set ups and only care about kuva and cosmetics. Average players are the ones who need wolf creds, forma, orokin reactors, etc and they need "easy" challenges to get them.

It's not going to be possible to accommodate the average player base while catering to people who have 4k play hours. Going half way with a compromise will just make the whole thing feel hollow to both camps.

Nightwave doesn't have the flexibility or design for a solid compromise either. I also have trouble understanding what a "hard challenge" in this game is. It's a looter shooter with some fun community aspects. You either have the numbers to beat something or you don't. If I want challenge I will go play some of my old NES games or maybe Dark Souls. Challenge is not something Warframe is designed to offer.

There are no hard missions or challenges, just challenges of the same difficulty gated for players at different ranks, gear, and faction standing. This makes Nightwave unable to ever actually be satisfying for anyone.

I liked alerts. If I saw one I wanted to do, then I did it. It was as simple as that.

What you say is correct but as far as alerts were concerned, I only ever did the gifts of the lotus which are still around. The others simply weren't worth doing, they were an inefficient means of getting things in most cases. So as you said you can't please both parties.

Just now, Majestic-scrub said:

alert was flawed rng system by DE design and not by its own free will, and it still was rewarding most of the time, what the community asked the devs is for the alert system to be overhauled and expanded upon, years and years of begging and what we get is the same thing with raids, alert get removed when nobody asked them to and get 'replaced' by a system that share nothing with it in common except for the rewards because they wanted it to be this way.

removing alert was a mistake regardless on how much flawed it was, nightwave and the alert system can coexist with each other just fine but DE didnt want that for ulterior motives.

How was it rewarding? Pray do tell. What could  I used to get from it that's worthwhile?

2 minutes ago, Majestic-scrub said:

kubrow eggs and kavata genitcs codes/nightmare guaranteed specific mod/occasional potatos and auras and all of the rewards that get snuffed into the nightwave

the rewarding thing about the alert system is you get your reward upfront after you do the mission, bullcrap, i know alert was flawed, but this was by design and not because alert have free will of its own to be this way, DE never touched the system for 6 years straight, it deserve better than to be replaced for a battle pass syndicate style system .

But I don't need any of what you just mentioned. You quoted me in a comment where I said alerts don't suit everybody. Please tell me how they suited me and many other tenno with stockpiles of all that you mentioned. The rewards were rubbish and on a timer that is only good for people who don't lead busy lives. I only did gifts of the lotus because occasionally the mission was interesting or offered a riven.

Edited by Zilchy

I'll be lucky if I manage to scrape by to get to Rank 30 before Nightwave ends, even playing as much as I can every single day of this remaining time. I want that armour set more than anything, even the Umbra Forma... and now here we have people complaining that there aren't more Rank-specific rewards. Sure, maybe the table of items you can spend Wolf Cred on could be bigger, or something, but for people like me this is already plenty to work towards without stuffing in even more.

Most of my clan members aren't going to get anywhere close to Rank 30 before this Season ends. Especially so if they're a new player, even with my help on some of the challenges. They'll be missing out on a lot of items that they won't be able to get again, through little fault of their own. And after all the rewards you've already gotten, you still want more? Unique mods, a full armour set, two special emotes, a ton of Kuva, and even an Umbra Forma aren't enough? I just don't get it.

Alerts were superior because you knew exactly what your reward and time investment would be. If an alert for 15k credits popped up I could decide if a five minute mission was worth 15k bonus credits. Dead simple.

Now, it's a vastly greater time investment for ethereal currency that is only used in a shop that changes what it sells every week. So, the system is still random but has a much greater grind behind it. Yes there are 30 non random rewards, but many of those were currency or completely useless glyphs and bobbleheads.

Old alerts were not perfect, but they also were not a part time job either. Nightwave, the Wolf, all of it has been detrimental to my enjoyment of the game. I have played along this "season" just to see how it goes and if it improves next time.

I'll give them a chance to learn from this as I do enjoy the game still. But Nightwave has been a hard fail for me as I find it about as fun as a trip to the DMV.