Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Blaudari

Nightwave feels boring now

5 hours ago, Gruiz said:

That's what we get after people complaining of different things.

Capture hydrolyst, Complained

Silver groove scepter, Complained

Slightly hard quest, complained

Then we got easy one that people can done it while playing normally, Complained

Wtf you guys want?

I found silver groove to be fine. But, in the same token If you are new,you would have no idea what It is. But,for older players you should not be getting 2 piece so easy.

Capture hydrolyst is a *@##$, but err..whatever.

Now when you get to the wait an hour in kuva survial without using a airpack while the one next to It is "just do an hour with friends" I call bullS#&$.

Then,we had the infamous "entitling a item" thing..Which oh god help you If you did not have something built in time for that cause of the resources and what not.

I think in the future there will be a better way to handle It. For example,since wolf was about well a prison break having random events where areas would have "riots" go down and you get points for stoping riots would be good. Maybe after some time, have 4 wolf verson of stalker kids come out and If we death them with in a week get some points If you help fight em so many times before they went away.

I think we kind of goof going for a full blown battle pass idea. Because, well I am gonna be frank I am a power gamer and I will find the easier and cheesist ways to get things done outside of cheating and glitches. And even I find myself going "err..not now" when I get 2 or 3 done..I got everything on the list and It was not hard.

Take,note DE did not remove the do 3 index missions without enemy scoring...So,yeah..that is still there. 

12 minutes ago, (XB1)TheRoflLizard said:

I found silver groove to be fine. But, in the same token If you are new,you would have no idea what It is. But,for older players you should not be getting 2 piece so easy.

Capture hydrolyst is a *@##$, but err..whatever.

Now when you get to the wait an hour in kuva survial without using a airpack while the one next to It is "just do an hour with friends" I call bullS#&$.

Then,we had the infamous "entitling a item" thing..Which oh god help you If you did not have something built in time for that cause of the resources and what not.

I think in the future there will be a better way to handle It. For example,since wolf was about well a prison break having random events where areas would have "riots" go down and you get points for stoping riots would be good. Maybe after some time, have 4 wolf verson of stalker kids come out and If we death them with in a week get some points If you help fight em so many times before they went away.

I think we kind of goof going for a full blown battle pass idea. Because, well I am gonna be frank I am a power gamer and I will find the easier and cheesist ways to get things done outside of cheating and glitches. And even I find myself going "err..not now" when I get 2 or 3 done..I got everything on the list and It was not hard.

Take,note DE did not remove the do 3 index missions without enemy scoring...So,yeah..that is still there. 

I enjoyed the Hydrolyst and kuva survival 😞

2 hours ago, Majestic-scrub said:

the beef i have here is DE limiting our choices, why remove alert system anyway ? how is it related to the battle pass system ? its its own thing and it should've been reworked or left alone atleast but they removed it anyway when nobody asked them to.

Those who can will, and those who can't wont. 

It can be for valid, or simple reasons as not wanting to put in the time / effort required. 

I did. Finished Nightwave, got my Wolf Sledge. Got my Umbra Forma, got my cosmetics. 

Life goes on. Complaining or putting criticism out is fine and all, but at the end of the day you do you. 

Lol i see alot of people complain about drought again. Just bcs they have completed all nightwave challenges and are lv30+ now.

But let me tell you theyre alot of people who dont have achieved lv 30 yet. Just bcs you completed the 10 week challenges in 5-6 weeks, doesnt mean everyone has done the same.

I feel like a lot of people think the game is all about them or its all based for vetarans.

29 minutes ago, (XB1)Cubic Clem said:

Now? It felt boring and tedious the second it released.

I guess,I felt motivated to get the Umbra Forma but now yeah, its boring to me personally.

6 hours ago, Voltage said:

Players who have Prestige levels should gain access to a daily assassinate mission for the Wolf of Saturn Six. Every 3 Ranks after level 30 should reduce the cool-down of this mission by 1 hour or change the drop table for the Wolf. Dedication to the system should reward a dedicated mission to farm the assassin with the loot everyone wants.

Wolf Credits would be useful if we could buy other items with it. Let us buy Arch-Gun Riven Mods or Sentinel Riven Mods for 50 Wolf Credits or something.

Thisssssssss ^^

It's about time we get those archgun rivens which were mentioned a couple months ago - Can't remember exactly

4 hours ago, Talinthis said:

me? personally i want something that doesnt get repetitive after four weeks of the system being out.

Nothing like that exists in this games entirety.

When I heard about Nighwave I thought DE were going to revamp the Alerts system into something more user friendly but they've instead revamped the in-mission Challenges into a way to lock the rewards from the Alerts behind yet another time gating system (while removing Alerts), once it hit live and I got a look at what Nightwave actually is I very quickly decided that I'd only do enough to get the first 1 or 2 Cred rewards so I could buy the Nitain Extract bundles (the only thing I actually need or want from Nightave) after which I've pretty much ignored Nightwave as much as I can (still waiting/hoping for the ability to fully mute Nora).

8 hours ago, Gruiz said:

That's what we get after people complaining of different things.

Capture hydrolyst, Complained

Silver groove scepter, Complained

Slightly hard quest, complained

Then we got easy one that people can done it while playing normally, Complained

Wtf you guys want?

Welp Nightwave is a reminder of how this game is actually boring if you ask me. Half of things you've rarely done coz there's no reason to or it's just plain boring.

12 minutes ago, Majestic-scrub said:

i am scratching my head to find anything you posted here that is related to my comment in any way shape or form lol.

I was trying to find a polite way to say those with trouble need to git gud and stop whining. 

I don't care about people who can't do it. Any complaints just seem like an excuse to have things handed on a platter to them. 

I’ll say what I say every time.  Problem is one system for everyone.  

Don’t dangle endgame rewards in front of newer players if you don’t expect them to get them.   Old alerts were starchart gated.  Have elite alerts hidden until you complete the star chart.  Or maybe MR gated.  Have elite alerts of three difficulties.  Give rewards for elites that are not available elsewhere (endgame appropriate).  (By having a separate endgame Wolf currency - Wolf Gems - and shop). Put rivens and kuva and umbral forma etc in this shop and put rewards more useful to newer players in Wolf rankings.

So newer players won’t see this endgame stuff and want it.   Then the challenges for it can be appropriately challenging.  

Snowflakes ruined it all, and it wouldn't surprise me if they still don't even do half of the acts. Thanks.

I had fun the first few weeks with the more engaging ones, but now it is just the same "kill x enemies", "do a mission", "mine some crap", over and over, and Nora is still acting like we're some kind of godly beings for doing it. Ridiculous.

DE, show some clem damn balls, please. 

26 minutes ago, Majestic-scrub said:

atleast make an effort on replaying to my comment line by line so we can have a meaningful discussion.

and no you cant get ''gid gud'' just by taking everything inside your belly with no critical thought, the devs of this game mess up on regular basis they're no gods so ill take anything they give us with grain of salts and will criticize them if the time calls for it.

you dont care about people who cant so why should we care about what your opinion if you're casting us out like this ? 

doing a chore list is not ''skillful'' and 'git gud' worthy, its just a time sink and tedious, if you like this battle pass syndicate style then good for you, but for us new players we might not have the same tools you have to use this nightwave system, and we never asked DE to remove alert system in the first place, it was totally they're idea and it served nothing and no one but themselves since they want us to use they're new hot syndicate grind time wall to be used heavily, they stripped us off choices.

1) It isnt an effort, because this issue isn't anything that is meaningful. I also feel the criticism is invalid for the reasons I say below in 2,3, and 4.
2) Like you said, it's a time sink and tedious yes. But without padding out content, another chunk of the playerbase will complain / ask about what next. There's already a few threads on the forum doing this. However, it does not change the fact that it is easy to do. Therefore, complaining about it is in my opinion, self serving. 
3) I don't care yes, but I guess I'm just amused by the misery. That's all these complaints are to me. Simple amusement. 
4) Choice is what you make of it. Hence my original reply, those who can will, and those who can't, won't. I got my Wolf Sledge and the NW rewards. I put in effort and time for something that wasnt difficult, I did it. It's not impossible, it just takes time. 

Of course, this isn't aimed at you personally. Everything in Warframe is obtainable, and yes I am speaking from a very high horse. The point I'm ultimately getting at is simply: It isn't difficult. It's time gated to pad the content out artificially (this is a whole separate debate), and ultimately, this is targeted at the whole mentality of I must have the shiny as fast as I can. 

Edit: Of course there's that whole other can of worms if you get into the issue of separate content for veterans and new players, but that in itself is debatable. There will always be grumblings for and against there. 

Nightwave was boring from the start. You weren't fully aware of it because you had a goal in the form of Umral Forma at the end of the ranks and you was distracted by it. Now when you have it, there is no carrot at the end of Nightwave-stick, so you finally noticed that Nightwave (as any other Battle Pass (and let's not kid ourselves - Nightwave IS a battle pass) is) is boring.

1 hour ago, (PS4)Limorkil said:

I’ll say what I say every time.  Problem is one system for everyone.  

Don’t dangle endgame rewards in front of newer players if you don’t expect them to get them.   Old alerts were starchart gated.  Have elite alerts hidden until you complete the star chart.  Or maybe MR gated.  Have elite alerts of three difficulties.  Give rewards for elites that are not available elsewhere (endgame appropriate).  (By having a separate endgame Wolf currency - Wolf Gems - and shop). Put rivens and kuva and umbral forma etc in this shop and put rewards more useful to newer players in Wolf rankings.

So newer players won’t see this endgame stuff and want it.   Then the challenges for it can be appropriately challenging.  

Mate... they're gonna see it on the internet lol. They WILL want it. Don't kid yourself, they will DEMAND access to it or it's deemed "unfair to new players".

1 hour ago, SirTobe said:

Snowflakes ruined it all, and it wouldn't surprise me if they still don't even do half of the acts. Thanks.

I had fun the first few weeks with the more engaging ones, but now it is just the same "kill x enemies", "do a mission", "mine some crap", over and over, and Nora is still acting like we're some kind of godly beings for doing it. Ridiculous.

DE, show some clem damn balls, please. 

I agree.

11 hours ago, Zilchy said:

It's boring challenge wise because people complained about the few challenges that offered something different, now we have the same easy ones repeating till the end of the season.  And yes rewards after tier 30 are lack lustre.

Exactly this. I really hope DE has some sort of plan to split the challenges between newbie/casuals and veteran/hardcore somehow in season 2 and allow both player types to have fun and progress through Nightwave by doing their own thing moving forward. Instead of shoving the exact same content and mission type down everyone's throats no matter if they have 10 hours or 1k hours, like they have done in the past several years. The first few weeks genuinely had some good elite challenges like the 1h kuva survival, hydrolist kill and index without allowing the enemy to score. Need more interesting challenges like that and less of the "do 10 of this mission type" dull snorefest. 

1 minute ago, --END--Rikutatis said:

and index without allowing the enemy to score

Well good news, you can do this again this week!

1 minute ago, (PS4)Elvenbane said:

Well good news, you can do this again this week!

Good to know, I stopped playing Nightwave a week ago since I hit rank 30 and wasn't interested in more wolf creds, but if some fun challenges pop up I'll still log on to do them with clan mates.

3 minutes ago, Majestic-scrub said:

You're talking about the choice of grinding or not, and i am talking about the choice of using something that works for me

Yeh.. Not for everybody. That's the part you can't seem to get through your head. There are so many old posts about alerts being rubbish, only newer players liked them because they're lazy. I'm not gonna try and reason with you anymore because you're not willing to compromise. So instead I'll just say it's not perfect but it's better than what we had. If you don't think that, it is what it is. Live with it or don't, your choice. Just don't do it, problem solved.

4 minutes ago, Majestic-scrub said:

nobody want would use this glorified nightwave system if alert was here to stay, we never asked for this battle pass, you didnt, i didnt, you only wanted because DE feed this to you so now you';re an addicted to it and you're making it like its the next coming of jesus when.

where are you guys 6 years ago ? why its only now that you have the balls to talk about alert system with is was flawed day one by design ?

give us the alert you stole from us DE and lets see who will give a freaking jack about your nightwave.

and yes this system is garbo and it have fomo sprinkled all over i.

Alert system did nothing wrong, why you people are hating on it like this ? it didnt chose to be the way its, it was made flawed by design, it needed love and care from the devs, how much time should it wait before that ? another 6 years ? how is it acceptable to be replaced by a syndicate battle pass system like this ? why ? why not leave it alone if you dont have the creativity to rework it ? i want to see answers directly to those concerns, no verbale gymnastic crap.

You're really not that smart, go do some research first. There are plenty of old threads and discussions about how bad alerts were, I and many other players haven't even done any of them for over 2 years. It's better than what we had and before the whiners like yourself flooded the forum with salty tears in the first few weeks, we actually had some interesting challenges to do instead of DE being pigeon holed into a few challenges to choose from. But nobody you're arguing with cares about your argument because you're not compromising, so you either like it or you don't. You either do nightwave or you don't. Those are currently your choices. Live with it. That's me not compromising and saying it how it is.

The prestige path is pretty lackluster indeed.

But honestly I don't feel it needs 'more' rewards, but rather that it just needs to give more of the credits, getting 15 per level is just far too low and isn't very inspiring to keep progressing through.

Pretty rough to get an alt helmet takes 3 levels or a catalyst taking 5 levels... it's almost like 1 maybe 2 helmets per week.

So for me, honestly just increase the amount of wolf credits per level or lower the amount of standing needed to level so you level more frequently. So atleast during the prestige path, grinding some of the fugitives has some worth.

5 minutes ago, Majestic-scrub said:

you're lying to your teeth my dear, alert was fair, it was design to be like this, its it own thing.

alert was for everybody, even the people who didnt have time, and keep in mind it was still flawed.

the answer i want to hear from you is for this question:

why did the devs remove the alert system when it have nothing in common with the chorewave design wise ? 

why the alert system was removed when it can 100% coexist with the chorewave system ? 

just because you call it lazy deos not make it true, you still need to do the mission to get the reard, ti was not handed to you in silver plat.

people complained about alert for its rng nature, before vabuan prime it was the only place to get him from, so yeah the complain was valid.

but i never heard anybody saying ''remove it' and be done with it ? never.

I'm lying through my teeth says the guy on an alt account...
Get this through your head, VETS DIDN'T LIKE ALERTS. Whether you choose to believe that or not, that's the truth so kindly stop accusing me of lying and while you're at it, show some respect and stop calling me "my dear". 
They removed the alert system to encourage people to go to other parts of the solar system, do you even watch dev streams? They have mentioned this time and time again. Closing your ears and going "lah lah lah I can't hear you, doesn't make it any less so"
Lol yes and how many times do you see in recruitment chat "LF taxi to alert" ALL THE TIME. Yeh real hard work to do that alert...
Then you haven't been around very long.