Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightwave feels boring now

Blaudari

1 minute ago, Majestic-scrub said:

snip

Because, it does not suit DE's vision? 

Regardless, remember the great content drought of 2018? DE needs to keep the ball rolling to have their playerbase high. They don't have the resources to fix a system and add new content. It's one or the other? 

Idek about you. 

51 minutes ago, Zilchy said:

You're really not that smart, go do some research first.

Wow... slow clap for this sophisticated way of formulating a response... really shows that you have nothing to offer in terms of real arguments.

On the topic of the Alert System vs Nightwave. I have finished the event, and I must agree that after you are done it feels super underwhelming, and I won't be doing the next one. It is just not worth the effort.

Just to clarify I don't deem the challenges/acts to be difficult at any point. The whole event just feels like DE wanted to be more like fomo/battle-pass games but cannot truly do it because Warframe presents itself as a game that is fair to players and customer friendly. So we end up with this *fomo light* experience pretending to be real content.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, breakdafunk said:

Wow... slow clap for this sophisticated way of formulating a response... really shows that you have nothing to offer in terms of real arguments.

On the topic of the Alert System vs Nightwave. I have finished the event, and I must agree that after you are done it feels super underwhelming, and I won't be doing the next one. It is just not worth the effort.

Just to clarify I don't deem the challenges/acts to be difficult at any point. The whole event just feels like DE wanted to be more like fomo/battle-pass games but cannot truly do it because Warframe presents itself as a game that is fair to players and customer friendly. So we end up with this *fomo light* experience pretending to be real content.

Sorry but after all the patient responses I've given him amidst his insults, I really didn't care anymore. Hopefully you feel better about yourself for pointing it out though.

None of it is difficult, I wish it was. I wish the challenges were actually a challenge but the more people complain that it's tedious, too hard, too much effort etc the more DE nerfs the game into the ground.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, (PS4)Hiero_Glyph said:

Nah, let's agree we all just wanted a battle pass.

A battle pass that, strangely, you can't even buy...especially considering that DE has usually offered alternatives to grinding via plat.

I'd certainly pay for the convenience if the price was reasonable.

Edited by MirageKnight
  • Like 1

Just now, Majestic-scrub said:

proof or it didnt happen, proived one insult by me to you right now.

the difficulty is not the issue here, theres nothing difficult about killing 500 enemy with cold/heat etc, its just limit the way you play.

nobody asked for nerfs, they asked them to remove some challenges that was using a totally broken content in form of survival 60mn with friend or the thing that you done 100x over like hydrolist and formoing a gun, its just tedious chore no challenge there.

also what we really want for the alert to return, removing it in the first place was uncalled for and it served nothing but the devs, the players get nothing out of that decision.

That's simply not accurate considering the biggest amount of complaints was about the Profit Taker and that's content people have done thousands of times. I'll bet most newer players haven't done a Hydrolyst hundreds of times either so don't say it's cos it's boring, it's because it was too hard for them, plain and simple.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Zilchy said:

Sorry but after all the patient responses I've given him amidst his insults, I really didn't care anymore. Hopefully you feel better about yourself for pointing it out though.

None of it is difficult, I wish it was. I wish the challenges were actually a challenge but the more people complain that it's tedious, too hard, too much effort etc the more DE nerfs the game into the ground.

I don't see how a challenge could be brought into the system.

Only thing that comes to mind is the riven-like challenge concerning wall latching etc. but I would not like to see the outrage after similar stuff gets implemented into Nightwave.

Edited by breakdafunk

4 hours ago, sleepychewbacca said:

I was trying to find a polite way to say those with trouble need to git gud and stop whining. 

I don't care about people who can't do it. Any complaints just seem like an excuse to have things handed on a platter to them. 

That's not even the issue. 

People who can't do the challenges, probably aren't bothering. They're most likely brand new and still trying to figure out how to move while shooting. I have a lot of sympathy for those people. 

The majority of the whining noises are coming from people who can do the challenges, but just don't want to. And instead of simply saying "meh I don't feel like doing those things, I'll just do what I enjoy", they're bringing the nonsense that they've been fed their whole lives, and trying to use it to justify their vulgar entitled demands. Nonsense like: the customer is always right; everyone is equal to everyone else; it does not matter if you succeed, what matters is that you tried; and everybody gets a prize. 

Those are the players that I don't care about. Unfortunately, they're the ones making the most noise. 

• Like 1

For a Mr 25 player with 5000 hours of time invested I'll say this. Once I hit level 30 which will be today, there is no point at all to keep doing the rep. 

It was ok as a new attempt to rework a old pointless system in my situation. That being said it only kept me in it for 7 or so weeks and now it's just like the old system for me. Poinyless

• Like 1

Just now, breakdafunk said:

I don't see how a challenge could be brought into the system.

Only thing that comes to mind are the riven-like challenges concerning wall latching etc. but I would not like to see the outrage after similar stuff gets implemented into Nightwave.

The kind of thing I'd love is for example speed challenges, missions without dying etc that sort of thing. It's the easiest thing to blow through all the solar system content but can everyone hack all 3 spy vaults in under 3 minutes or finish Kela de Thaym without dying etc that sort of thing. Stuff that would test new players, then stuff that would test vet players. But unfortunately it will always been seen by the entitled ones as "unfair bias towards older players".

• Like 2

1 minute ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

People who can't do the challenges, probably aren't bothering. They're most likely brand new and still trying to figure out how to move while shooting. I have a lot of sympathy for those people. 

The majority of the whining noises are coming from people who can do the challenges, but just don't want to. And instead of simply saying "meh I don't feel like doing those things, I'll just do what I enjoy", they're bringing the nonsense that they've been fed their whole lives, and trying to use it to justify their vulgar entitled demands. Nonsense like: the customer is always right; everyone is equal to everyone else; it does not matter if you succeed, what matters is that you tried; and everybody gets a prize. 

Those are the players that I don't care about. Unfortunately, they're the ones making the most noise. 

You read my mind sir

4 minutes ago, Majestic-scrub said:

hard have nothing to do with it, its basically gear gated thats all about it, giving the player a chore list with a carrot and a stick is not challenge, theres nothign skillful about sinking more time on a content you dont want to play, i said it and will say it again:

this game is a like Disneyland but with glitchy carousel, deflated castle, and broken train, and nightwave make you go all troughs it, hardly a pleasant experience.

That's your opinion. But I'm certain I can think up challenges that would test you.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Yeah. This is what I was trying to get at. At the end of the day, those who do it will and get the reward. Hence no reason to make noice. 

Noise is noise. I just use it to amuse myself. Like the saying, "empty kettle makes the most noise"? XD 

13 hours ago, MagPrime said:

Yeah, now that I'm so close to finishing the last two tiers, I'm...not motivated to actually do it. 

The 15 credits per tier after 30 is...just awful.

Pretty much this. 

I never found it compelling to begin with. It's something to do, I guess, but self-motivation in this game has never been an issue for me. I'd have never bothered with this at all except for the umbral forma.

I just got the UF today, so I'm really done as far as stuff I actually want. I'll finish it because a) I'm almost to rank 30 as it is, so b) why not? 

I won't be bothering anymore until the next season, however. That's assuming there is more UF in the rewards queue. The wolfbucks are a non-issue to me. Just about everything available I either already have or have in great numbers. 

The bottom line is it still feels like work. My main concern was the time investment to rank29, which turns out to be quite easily achieved, even skipping a fair number of challenges. On the other hand, many of the challenges you'll complete just playing or with minimal effort. That's to the good. I just don't like time limits in games and that's probably what bothers me most about it. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Zilchy said:

The kind of thing I'd love is for example speed challenges, missions without dying etc that sort of thing. It's the easiest thing to blow through all the solar system content but can everyone hack all 3 spy vaults in under 3 minutes or finish Kela de Thaym without dying etc that sort of thing. Stuff that would test new players, then stuff that would test vet players. But unfortunately it will always been seen by the entitled ones as "unfair bias towards older players".

Challenges like this is a double edged sword. What happens is that people will just gravitate to meta frames. Personally, I wouldn't be afraid to exclude meta frames from those challenges, but the whining would be unbearable.

Just now, Hypernaut1 said:

Challenges like this is a double edged sword. What happens is that people will just gravitate to meta frames. Personally, I wouldn't be afraid to exclude meta frames from those challenges, but the whining would be unbearable.

Even with meta frames many would struggle, mainly with speed running.

1 hour ago, Zilchy said:

Get this through your head, VETS DIDN'T LIKE ALERTS.

I liked alerts, you apparently didn't, but don't try to speak for me. I won't go into why I thought alerts were fine, it doesn't really matter now, but saying NW is good because alerts were worse isn't really the strongest endorsement for NW...alerts really don't have anything to do with NW other than DE choosing to not let them coexist.

meta: A term used in mmo meaning the Most Effective Tactic Available. It's basically what works in a game regardless of what you wish would work.
you cant change the players nature on this regard, its what its.

Funny thing is with the same time you have complaining about nightwave you would've already completed this week's challenges everything there even a new player can achieve by learning the game nothing difficult to do

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Majestic-scrub said:

good for you, i have no issue if this battle pass works for you, but this was never our debate in the first place, it was about the alert system and why it was removed and for what reason.

and you cant just cast out a debate that you can keep up with as '' conversation that never meant anything''.

Yes I can? I just did it. 

If there ever was a debate, it's been well and truly derailed unfortunately. At this point all we can do is wait for the thread to be locked. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Majestic-scrub said:

i will not do it on sheer principles and i have the tools to do it if i wanted to, but i wont, i dont like begin told how i play the game on my limited time by those clueless devs.

i never said that the challenges was ''hard'' and they must give me my reward without doing anything, my whole issue is with DE taking out alert from the game, limiting our choices in the process, they keep doing the same thing over and over again and we give them pass on it.

then if ur not going to do it then its idiotic to continue complaining about a game on the forums just do something else with ur life this isnt the end of the world.
If you want to make a valid critic of Nightwave then go over to the official trend on nightwave removal of alerts then move on.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Majestic-scrub said:

i will not do it on sheer principles and i have the tools to do it if i wanted to, but i wont, i dont like begin told how i play the game on my limited time by those clueless devs.

i never said that the challenges was ''hard'' and they must give me my reward without doing anything, my whole issue is with DE taking out alert from the game, limiting our choices in the process, they keep doing the same thing over and over again and we give them pass on it.

Why am I not surprised? 

38 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Oh. That's why. 

• Like 1

haha i gave you a bait and you took it, you dont say that you can run from the points and ignore my whole comments if you wanted to, but does that make you the one in the top ? nope

and yes, the classic inb4 lock once things get too much for you, just accept man, you have no clue of what you're talking about, you just eat, no question asked.

Cool story bro.