Sign in to follow this  
Totorochan

PoE: Flying Enemies Always Know Where Loki Is

Hello all, truth be told I don't actually know if this is a bug, or an intended feature. I took a break from the game for quite some time, but I'm back now!

Anyway, I was out on the Plains of Eidolon, using my hushed invisibility Loki build, doing some mining/fishing.

Literally all of the 'flying aircraft' enemy types knew exactly where I was, at all times, no matter what. My invisibilty lasts 36 seconds in this build, I have the Hushed Invisibility mod, and at no point did I fire a weapon or even take a single hostile action.

And yet, multiple dargyns, bolkors, etc, hounded me everywhere I went, unerringly shooting me. It didn't matter where I went or what I did, I could easily cover an entire kilometer (in silent invisibility), and flying squadrons of aircraft would follow me, expertly sniping my head.

Is this a new RADAR feature that flying enemies have? What's going on here? Stealth nerf to stealth frames, or what?

It's just how they wrote the spawn code, Corpus enemies will spawn in Vallis right along your movement path while invisible, too.

Personally, it's incredibly annoying. I'd rather they have a few patrol routes that they varied between than have stuff constantly spawning where you are all the time.

On 2019-04-15 at 12:03 AM, Totorochan said:

Hello all, truth be told I don't actually know if this is a bug, or an intended feature. I took a break from the game for quite some time, but I'm back now!

Anyway, I was out on the Plains of Eidolon, using my hushed invisibility Loki build, doing some mining/fishing.

Literally all of the 'flying aircraft' enemy types knew exactly where I was, at all times, no matter what. My invisibilty lasts 36 seconds in this build, I have the Hushed Invisibility mod, and at no point did I fire a weapon or even take a single hostile action.

And yet, multiple dargyns, bolkors, etc, hounded me everywhere I went, unerringly shooting me. It didn't matter where I went or what I did, I could easily cover an entire kilometer (in silent invisibility), and flying squadrons of aircraft would follow me, expertly sniping my head.

Is this a new RADAR feature that flying enemies have? What's going on here? Stealth nerf to stealth frames, or what?

The same things is happening to me, but I was playing without my headphones on, so it took me a while to realize the fire was coming from above 😂

Okay, I'm almost certain this is a host/client issue. Me and my friend both went out in Lokis, but he was host, I was client.

The flying enemies ignored him and attacked me, despite there being no differences in our behavior. Even when we were over 500m apart, a Dargyn that would be flying over his head would be shooting at me, invisible and half a kilo away.

Go out into the plains solo? Zero issue.

I'd like to expand that topic to ivara too

I noticed during PoE (solo) that dargyn that once targeted me (without cloak) also hit me if i enter a cloak arrow sphere, if i use prowl they stop attacking me, if i release prowl inside a cloak arrow sphere they start hitting again.

The new thumper enemys or how they called also know where i am, they don't try to hit me but they always face me...making it nearly impossible to hit the rear legs slowed down by prowl or try to get around them by using multiple cloak arrows

Edited by Shonaney