Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

P2W

BLI7Z

On 2019-04-14 at 11:04 PM, BLI7Z said:

At first, I convinced myself that Waframe ain't pay to win. Now I know it is.

With enough money you can buy just anything (except the gameplay experience).

So... if I have money and want to put it into this game, where is the actual hardcore challenge? Not even the grind is a challenge, only long and boring timewalls. 

I end up playing games that are actually competitive PvP FPS at the end of the day...

Warframe feels like some kind of relaxing place... but a long time ago it felt like a good dark place to call home... 

My sides.....please, continue.....

It's the best of both worlds if you use the system correctly; meaning the way that's best for you.

I support de by buying prime access, find my fun in making builds and opening / rolling rivens and give most of my plat away.

I pay but what did I win? Really? For myself, it's fun so I guess that's a win.

Dang OP, maybe you are correct! /s

15 hours ago, nslay said:

No, you paid to win. Just my opinion.

I could go and buy, oh say, Volt Prime from other players. I would get it instantly and faster that way rather than wait for it through Baro and relics like you could by playing the game. I don't consider buying it the same as playing Warframe to earn the reward. You are bypassing the game's built-in time gating mechanics to win. Simple as that... Even farming for things to sell for plat so that you could buy Volt Prime sounds nothing like a looter shooter game. Doesn't even sound like the kind of friendly trade I think of when I think of these games... Sounds more like, Auction House and eBay where you trade for profit (if you like to do that, all the power to you!).

What.. uhm... do you win exactly? You are paying to get ahead or paying for conveniance, those are worlds apart from P2W. Also, farming things and selling has been the essence of arpgs and looter shooters since D2.

8 hours ago, AshenHaze said:

It's always been that way since potatoes existed.

What do you win with potatos?

• Like 1

Let's say you wanted to be the #1 apex predator warframe player. You need:

10 essential warframes - 1000p

Resources to build primes - 400p

Potatos for them - 100p

6 essential weapons - 1500p

Mods - 600p at least

Endo to upgrade mods - 700p at least

Rivs - guesstimating 8000p

Arcanes - 6500p

Companions - 500p (including kavat/kubro stuff)

Mods - 300p

This is all assuming you don't care about fashionframe.

Cosmetics to look good - 6000p

It's also assuming you don't care about completion.

Double every other cost again.

You're looking at spending 12400p to "win". 18400p to "win and look good while doing it". 36800p to do it all...

Unless you're a millionaire or really experienced with trade chat, you won't P2W.

1 hour ago, SneakyErvin said:

What.. uhm... do you win exactly?

You are paying to get ahead or paying for conveniance,

those are worlds apart from P2W

No they're not.

Also, farming things and selling has been the essence of arpgs and looter shooters since D2.

You're right! Illicitly farming and selling things in D2 for money became an essential part of D2 and most future ARPGs aspiring to be like D2 (until D3 team saw the light and locked it down... perhaps too tight that even legitimate friendly trade is almost hopeless!). This wasn't intended by Blizzard because you are not playing their game if you pay money to buy all the godliest gear on day 1.

21 minutes ago, nslay said:

No they're not.

You're right! Illicitly farming and selling things in D2 for money became an essential part of D2 and most future ARPGs aspiring to be like D2 (until D3 team saw the light and locked it down... perhaps too tight that even legitimate friendly trade is almost hopeless!). This wasn't intended by Blizzard because you are not playing their game if you pay money to buy all the godliest gear on day 1.

Yes they are. 

I'm not talking about real money here, simple trading. WF just happens to use plat as both premium and in-game currency. You can earn plat by simply paying the game. Sure someone somewhere had to buy it at some point, but that doesnt make it P2W because you win nothing

So again I ask you since you claimed you are winning something. What do you win?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, (XB1)D00M INCARNATE said:

Let's say you wanted to be the #1 apex predator warframe player. You need:

10 essential warframes - 1000p

Resources to build primes - 400p

Potatos for them - 100p

6 essential weapons - 1500p

Mods - 600p at least

Endo to upgrade mods - 700p at least

Rivs - guesstimating 8000p

Arcanes - 6500p

Companions - 500p (including kavat/kubro stuff)

Mods - 300p

This is all assuming you don't care about fashionframe.

Cosmetics to look good - 6000p

It's also assuming you don't care about completion.

Double every other cost again.

You're looking at spending 12400p to "win". 18400p to "win and look good while doing it". 36800p to do it all...

Unless you're a millionaire or really experienced with trade chat, you won't P2W.

Neither of it matters though, because there would have to be something to actually win over to begin with.

On 2019-04-15 at 4:04 AM, BLI7Z said:

At first, I convinced myself that Waframe ain't pay to win. Now I know it is.

With enough money you can buy just anything (except the gameplay experience).

So... if I have money and want to put it into this game, where is the actual hardcore challenge? Not even the grind is a challenge, only long and boring timewalls. 

I end up playing games that are actually competitive PvP FPS at the end of the day...

Warframe feels like some kind of relaxing place... but a long time ago it felt like a good dark place to call home... 

What. The. Balls.

I'm not sure if I'm suppose to take you seriously or you're just this dense.

You're comparing a game that mostly and mainly is PvE... to one of your FPS(this is third person shooter btw) PvPs...

I gotta check in with the hospital to make sure I didn't suffer a brain aneurysm.

1 minute ago, Mrevasivepants said:

What. The. Balls.

I'm not sure if I'm suppose to take you seriously or you're just this dense.

You're comparing a game that mostly and mainly is PvE... to one of your FPS(this is third person shooter btw) PvPs...

I gotta check in with the hospital to make sure I didn't suffer a brain aneurysm.

Hi, yes, hello, this is the hospital. 

You're fine. 

Just now, MagPrime said:

Hi, yes, hello, this is the hospital. 

You're fine. 

Are you sure? I could've swore that grey thing you hid under your sleeve was some of my brain matter running through my ear.

On a side note, the guy went on 2 pages and then never answered again, so yes he was trolling. I just refuse to believe there are people this stupid.

17 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

I have one. 

But do you have a license for that license?

On-topic(?) Is there still a topic or is this just the entire forum falling for bad bait?

Either way, This game isn't P2W, nothing in this game is not achievable without spending PERSONAL MONEY.

You could beat the entire game with a Mk-1 Braton which is given to players for FREE at the start. This game is not P2W, saying it is is not an opinion, its a lie, a plain and simple lie.

On 2019-04-14 at 8:17 PM, BLI7Z said:

The convenience of getting almost everything Waframe has to offer? That feels like P2W

So... I guess you're upset that some people are choosing to pay for stuff rather than grind their brains out across hours or days or weeks (praise be to RNGeezus, ramen!) before getting something?  And them paying for the convenience affects you... how, exactly?

Here's something that's going to blow your mind.  I buy stuff in Warframe.  Pretty much all the things, really.  Prime access, cosmetics, new Warframe and weapon bundles.  I'm not made of money.  But you see, I have *other* things I want to do with all my free time.  I've been trying to learn to draw (I still suck though) and build models and learn programing.  I play Warframe to unwind and have fun and make life miserable for the Grineer.  For me, grinding for random drops isn't content, and it isn't fun.  Taking a new Warframe and/or weapon and smooshing Grineer is fun.  I use the results of my real life, paying job so that I don't have to spend all my free time *hoping* for a random drop, then another, and another, and another.  And then almost four more days of construction time just to try a new Warframe.

I pay for the convenience.  And because I don't have to worry about the boring, tedious grinding, I can look forward to playing Warframe instead of dreading it as an unpaid job.  (I used to play Star Trek Online.  Until they started adding more and more systems that turned the entire game into... a boring, tedious, unpaid job.  That you're expected to do for at least a couple of hours a day to make any progress in all those systems.  Every day.  Forever.)  And because I have the freedom to play Warframe just for fun, whenever I want, for as long or as little as I want, I've racked up several thousand hours in this game over the last six years.

But I'm still not "paying to win."  Because even after I've spent real money, I'm not farther ahead than anyone who does it the "totally free" way.  I just get there a little sooner sometimes, and have a few more cosmetics options when I do.  In fact since I prefer to solo (and *DON'T* try to play the Riven or rare mod trading markets) I'm probably LESS powerful than people who do it the "totally free" way.  I prefer to play solo as much as possible, and I'm not even interested in attempting stuff like the old Raids when they existed, or the Eidolons now.  So I have almost no Arcanes, and I'm still missing most of the "Corrupted" mods.  You are almost certainly far more l33t than I am, if that's something that matters to you.

What I can say... is that I was drunk when I posted this.

The responses I read are accurate, and I apologize.

I love Warframe, and I've always had a lot of fun playing it. Anyways I feel like they can make the reward system something much better, and some content much more challenging. But I know this game is something that feels alive and ever changing, so I know it will get even better. 

And yes, I might have lost, instead of winning, while paying for some stuff instead of farming it, and having a lack of those rewards reduces many possibilities and fun. Maybe I wish that the rewards were "materially" infinite, but the biggest reward is that Warframe exists. 

1 minute ago, BLI7Z said:

What I can say... is that I was drunk when I posted this.

The responses I read are accurate, and I apologize.

I love Warframe, and I've always had a lot of fun playing it. Anyways I feel like they can make the reward system something much better, and some content much more challenging. But I know this game is something that feels alive and ever changing, so I know it will get even better. 

And yes, I might have lost, instead of winning, while paying for some stuff instead of farming it, and having a lack of those rewards reduces many possibilities and fun. Maybe I wish that the rewards were "materially" infinite, but the biggest reward is that Warframe exists. 

Ah no wonder I said this thread would make a good drunk read.

But its all good, this topic was a good ride all things considered.