Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PvE+PvP Players are leaving the game :(

Aramil999

So the point of this thread is to remind us about many many Video Games' Players who like to play PvP and PvE. Most people playing online games are PvP funs (LoL, Fortnite etc. are top played online games = fact) but from my experience many of them enjoy PvE games too. 

Sadly Warframe's PvP is left with all problems and generally speaking we have almost ONLY PvE 😞

That's why many PvP funs and PvP+PvE players have left or are leaving game.

Fix:

-Match Browser,

-All new weapons and Warframes are unusable in PvP (since Revenant), should be added,

-New players can't farm anything in PvP matches (almost 0 resources, almost 0 credits, almost 0 affinity etc.), it should be increased,

-Conclave skins for newer weapons (since newest weapon now is Soma....),

😞

Maybe Stalker Mode that most likely will get added in few mounths will come with at least few PvP fixes along. Let's hope that Stalker will bring some of this lost players back. 🙂

2 hours ago, Aramil999 said:

@SordidDreams maybe Stalker Mode will at least bring some good PvP into game. Besides it is decided. Steve, Rebbeca etc. have confirmed it multiple times.

They also confirmed you'll be able to opt-out of it, which to me indicates they're not exactly confident in its quality. I don't blame them, Warframe is not exactly Dark Souls. I seriously doubt the mode is going to be fun for more than a few attempts, I suspect some horrible imbalance or exploit is going to be discovered quickly that will pretty much ruin it. Or people will just use it to grief and annoy others rather than actually trying to fight.

Edited by SordidDreams
  • Like 1

vor 19 Minuten schrieb Aramil999:

Most people playing online games are PvP funs

No, they arn't....

Please stop making up false fact.

-New players can't farm anything in PvP matches (almost 0 resources, almost 0 credits, almost 0 affinity etc.), it should be increased,

I tihnk this is fair, the dropchance schould be doubled or even trippled from what it currently is..

PvE+PvP Players are leaving the game :(

In what way are PvE people leaving the game, if the PvP mode isn't up to date?

And for DEs PvP palyers, there is the game 'Amazing Eternals'. And yes, I know that the game has been canceled, but this is still eough room for all the PvP palyers in Warframe to fit into the game.

PvP was ALWAYS niche in Warframe, there is literally Cult of PvPers that know eachother very well since only "few" ppl play PvP actively (and oh man they kick ur butt so hard you not going to play another match ever haha). 

DE needs to put cooler stuff behind that rep grind (well syandana is dope but you have to keep charging it, yeah no thank you) and LOWER THE REP needed to buy conclave skins/sigils im not gonna literally frustrate myself for XX hours to get that cool opticor skin (50k rep) its simply to much grind (and thats ONE skin). Make PvP more casual and rewarding thats it, there is nothing you can sell/profit from conclave anyway, pvpers will keep playing it (they have milions of rep already anyway and dont care about rewards, they play for fun) and casuals like me will get attracted more, so pvpers have more practice targets in their games i get my butt kicked and everybody is happy. 

Also stalker mode is not PvP cmon. Well okay its player vs player. Tbh waste of time and human resources, another gimmick as lunaro IMO nobody will give a damn after month of release... Its gonna be just sheetshow here on forums (noobs getting obliterated etc) and ppl will just opt it out, mark my words. Look what Wolf did now imagine having actual person controlling him. Yeah cant wait, Kappa. 

I can tell you why I have not touched PvP.

1.  I'm gonna get totally destroyed. I've watched PvP vid. I know I cannot keep up with the movement + aim.
  2. Given the lack of players, I know I won't have other players at my skill level to bash against to learn.
  3. I couldn't even find the dang place to que for a very long time.
  4. I'm worried I don't have the gear for it / do not understand how PvP gear works.
  5. Direct PvP modes are unappealing.

Now, I can't suggest they make the pvp slower so I get to participate. That'd be dumb and anyone currently enjoying it would hate it. Why should DE change something other people are enjoying to satisfy me? So I don't play.

What they could do is allow Concave rep to be gained via another mode to gateway me into learning enough about PvP to dip my toes in. Like say a race mode. Which would double as training to achieve a PvP standard for movement.

• Like 2

A Co-op 3rd person shooter based on the PvE system and that has a PvP section to appeal the niche players that like it is dying! I'm sure the 99% of the players who enjoy the game without ever entering the PvP are leaving it because there is not a lot of content there. Yep, definitely.

In fact, I suggest DE makes a Battle Royale mode on the new Plains of Eidolon because the game is dying tm . OP, you must understand that there are games where the focus is not PvP and it's fine. If you are playing Warframe exclusively for its PvP, then you clearly are not enjoying all the game has to offer.

1 hour ago, Swagernator22663 said:

Mark my words, quote this post ... next time the big mainline update hits, and we will be forced to play that crap lunaro to obtain something they put there.

Unless you're talking about cosmetics, the devs have been careful to not lock anything worthwhile (= for PvE progression) behind PvP so far. What gives you the impression that would suddenly change?

And if you're talking about cosmetics, that's basically saying PvP should not have any interesting rewards at all, which in essence is just perpetuating the general sentiment that there shouldn't be any PvP content in the first place.

Or I could play devil's advocate here: "I don't like it so it shouldn't be in the game."

As for what the OP said: it's definitely true at least for me. I like both PvE & PvP, but I don't feel like playing PvP at the moment in this game, because it has been neglected for a long time and does not seem to be in a very good state.

1 hour ago, BadgerDrool said:

I can tell you why I have not touched PvP.

1.  I'm gonna get totally destroyed. I've watched PvP vid. I know I cannot keep up with the movement + aim.
  2. Given the lack of players, I know I won't have other players at my skill level to bash against to learn. 
  3. I couldn't even find the dang place to que for a very long time.
  4. I'm worried I don't have the gear for it / do not understand how PvP gear works.
  5. Direct PvP modes are unappealing.

Thanks for these. This sounds like a honest assessment and opinion.

I've been on the other side of the fence years ago, i.e. I'd been playing it a lot and others could not keep up with me. The topic "skill-based matchmaking" has been brought up enough over time in Feedback, and sadly what we got is the half-baked Recruit Conditioning (RC). I guess it helps a bit, but it also hard segregates the playerbase and I think it has a few "squatters". RC only becomes inaccessible once you reach rank 4 or 5 Tempest (rank 3). Check the Wiki.

As for point 4: If you're new make sure to have Recruit Conditioning enabled, then go to your Arsenal, switch to Conclave and make sure you have a weapon in every slot (that's not even the default!). All gear should be balanced, i.e. even starter gear is competitive. But I'm told there are a few outliers now (neglect, as mentioned above).

What they could do is allow Concave rep to be gained via another mode to gateway me into learning enough about PvP to dip my toes in. Like say a race mode. Which would double as training to achieve a PvP standard for movement.

IIRC, Lunaro got introduced because people wanted something that isn't shooting at each other. Was never my cup of tea so I don't really know, but seems to be even less popular than Conclave.

Edited by Kontrollo
RC is only available below rank 3 -- Tempest

2 hours ago, Walkampf said:

No, they arn't....

Please stop making up false fact.

Yes, they are. ONLINE GAMES. Check statistics then write.

Like say a race mode. Which would double as training to achieve a PvP standard for movement.

Yup, Great Idea 🙂 race mode to learn movement would be super fun. But every PvP mission should give at least some stuff players normaly farm. Let's say Void Fissure in Race Mode. If not, people will just leave it like Lunaro.

2 hours ago, Aramil999 said:

Most people playing online games are PvP funs

Sadly Warframe's PvP is left with all problems and generally speaking we have almost ONLY PvE 

Warframe has consistently been in Steams top 10 games by current player count on the strength of its PvE co-op content. It's primarily a PvE co-op game, and I see nothing wrong with this. PvE/Conclave is niche for a reason.

• Like 1

No. Warframe doesn't need to be a PvE PvP game. It's not Destiny, where the PvE and PvP are apart of the lore of the game. From the looks of it, conclave is more of an afterthought in Warframe. it's a game mode that is easily forgotten and played by few. Having little to no PvP game mode isn't going to hurt this game. The game is mainly PvE co-op, and it's fine that way.

as a PvP-PvE player..i can't say that PvP in warframe is bad, but the need of new level or skill boundaries is there and most of the "newbies" don't get the full experience in PvP as in other games that focus on PvP. at MR22 i was a newbie there aswell,  and i needed a veteran to explain to me the rules and how to move/act, also after Hurricane rank i got into the pool with the big fish there, so i know the frustration of getting a score like 2/20 for your K/D in annihilation.
only thing i do not like about the current system is the matchmaking and the rewards related to that. i do not feel rewarded after a match of beating "newbies" to a pulp harder than the lvl 1-3 grineer, i want to suggest a ranking system based on actual combat stats, like the profile K/D/A, rather than Teshin's stupid syndicate, rewards should feel the same, like i get more points for killing skilled players than i would for killing lvl 1-3 grineer.

• Like 1

Actually, Smash Bros may have a lesson here. Current iteration allows lobbies, where players could 1v1 while everyone else spectates. Can make an OK situation to learn and improve in. Sure you get your butt wooped once. But then you get to watch other people fight and get tips during downtime (if friends).

People leave games all the time, mainly because the game lacks something they desire or find something subjectively "better" to play and DE shouldn't bend over backwards to change their vision of the game to retain a small portion of players. 

• Like 1

PvE+PvP Players are leaving the game 😞

7 hours ago, Aramil999 said:

That's why many PvP funs and PvP+PvE players have left or are leaving game.

So long, farewell, auf wiedersehen.

Players who aren't given infinite Plat are leaving the game. Players who can't build forts with stone are leaving the game.

Put a hard number on the size of the group of people who are leaving the game, solely for this reason. Make the case that the dev resources DE would have to spend to keep these players wouldn't alienate existing players.

Justify this group being held up as something to miss by DE and the rest of the players.

3 hours ago, (XB1)GameNerd300 said:

No. Warframe doesn't need to be a PvE PvP game. It's not Destiny, where the PvE and PvP are apart of the lore of the game. ...

You mean Teshin and the War Within are not part of the lore? 🤔

41 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

People leave games all the time, mainly because the game lacks something they desire or find something subjectively "better" to play and DE shouldn't bend over backwards to change their vision of the game to retain a small portion of players.

Bend over backwards? That's cute. See below, that should answer that, too.

15 minutes ago, peterc3 said:

So long, farewell, auf wiedersehen.

Players who aren't given infinite Plat are leaving the game. Players who can't build forts with stone are leaving the game.

Put a hard number on the size of the group of people who are leaving the game, solely for this reason. Make the case that the dev resources DE would have to spend to keep these players wouldn't alienate existing players.

Justify this group being held up as something to miss by DE and the rest of the players.

Strawman, although to be fair, his sounds like one, too.

That case is easily made. Conclave hasn't received any dev investment in about 7 months, and only recently got some unlisted changes. It wouldn't hurt to have a look at it once in a while. Although if you're alienated by that, the devs probably couldn't do right by you, anyway.

Well, 7 months without proper updates that weren't some simple bugfixes and there are still players playing it at least. I've responded to another PvE "Content Drought" thread just today.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Kontrollo said:

You mean Teshin and the War Within are not part of the lore? 🤔

Bend over backwards? That's cute. See below, that should answer that, too.

That case is easily made. Conclave hasn't received any dev investment in about 7 months, and only recently got some unlisted changes. It wouldn't hurt to have a look at it once in a while. Although if you're alienated by that, the devs probably couldn't do right by you, anyway.

Well, 7 months without proper updates that weren't some simple bugfixes and there are still players playing it at least. I've responded to another PvE "Content Drought" thread just today.

De held a stance of no PvP when the game began and they've shown no interest in making PvP a real part of the game. 

So, yeah, them suddenly deciding to make the game LoL, SMITE or Fornite level PvP is bending over backwards because that doesn't tell the Warframe story DESteve set out to tell a long time ago.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Kontrollo said:

What strawman?

OP was saying this group was leaving the game. I am asking why should that matter? This can be done by showing the group is a sizable one or that the game and the players are worse off for having a small but noticeable group leave.

Justify PvP having more resources thrown at it.

Just now, MagPrime said:

De held a stance of no PvP when the game began and they've shown no interest in making PvP a real part of the game. 

So, yeah, them suddenly deciding to make the game LoL, SMITE or Fornite level PvP is bending over backwards because that doesn't tell the Warframe story DESteve set out to tell a long time ago.

PvP got introduced before I've picked up this game IIRC, and that was in late 2013. Since then we had old Conclave, Solar Rail Conflicts, then new Conclave where they introduced Teshin and made him part of the story, even. You need to check your bias I'd say.

No one ever asked or does, or will ask for PvP to be more than something you do on the side in this game. It's really weird to see statements like that.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kontrollo said:

PvP got introduced before I've picked up this game IIRC, and that was in late 2013. Since then we had old Conclave, Solar Rail Conflicts, then new Conclave where they introduced Teshin and made him part of the story, even. You need to check your bias I'd say.

No one ever asked or does, or will ask for PvP to be more than something you do on the side in this game. It's really weird to see statements like that.

Ah, you're going to through out accusations to support your stance, got it.  I actually thought you were a bit more level headed than that.

Either way, I've said my piece.  You choosing to infer something that isn't there isn't something I'm going to worry over.

Take it easy.

• Like 1