Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

If you had Limbo on your team would you rather...

Blaudari

Question

If you had limbo on your team would you rather he have extremely small bubble and long duration to protect the objective or extremely giant bubble with medium duration and doesn't freeze time?

I only decided to make this knowing Limbo's Backlash and how many people hate him but I want to see what some people might think like can limbo be useful in a team as I do think he can with the following mods that I use for my Defense build on limbo.

| Power Donation | Speed Drift |
| Primed Flow | Narrow Minded | Natural Talent | Vitality |
| Primed Continuity | Constitution | Augur Message | Redirection

Power Donation is used for the obvious I buff my teams Power strength (Hoping I don't upset a slowva build) as I'm just trying to be helpful
Narrow minded is used so that I can make my bubble small for the objective so that my whole team can get all those kills and bring destruction upon our enemies while also avoiding the bubble and if they want they step in it.

• Like 1

4 answers to this question

Small bubble, makes it easier for me to step out so I can enjoy my playstyle and enjoy the benefits of Limbo.

Huge bubbles make that really difficult, I wind up spending more time sprinting from one edge of the bubble to the other than actually killing anything.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MagPrime said:

Small bubble, makes it easier for me to step out so I can enjoy my playstyle and enjoy the benefits of Limbo.

Huge bubbles make that really difficult, I wind up spending more time sprinting from one edge of the bubble to the other than actually killing anything.

I agree on that, I at one point did do a gigantic bubble to help players gain energy and killing but at the time I witness my teams run more and kill less so I try my best to avoid that kind of thing.
*For future possible posts* Also before anyone else mentions (based on the passed ingame region chat) I am aware of horrible S#&$ty limbo players who love to troll with limbo and while I might get disrespected for being 1 of the few limbos to try and be helpful, to try and get limbo some kind of respect.

• Like 1

The answer depends on the mission too imo. If it's something really hard, and Limbo is protecting the squad too, not just the defence objective, it's nice to have a bigger (but not oversized) bubble. On a less difficult mission a smaller bubble is way better, does not slow things down. But as a rule of thumb, you can't go wrong with the smaller one.

It's nice than you'd like to make people like Limbo more! I meet just a small number of troll Limbos in game, compared to how many people are complaining about them here, but a lot of players don't seem to know how to use him properly instead of unintentionally slowing things down. Same goes for a Slow Nova in low level missions or a Frost who leaves bubbles everywhere, they just don't have that bad rep.

2 hours ago, (PS4)Viveeeh said:

The answer depends on the mission too imo. If it's something really hard, and Limbo is protecting the squad too, not just the defence objective, it's nice to have a bigger (but not oversized) bubble. On a less difficult mission a smaller bubble is way better, does not slow things down. But as a rule of thumb, you can't go wrong with the smaller one.

It's nice than you'd like to make people like Limbo more! I meet just a small number of troll Limbos in game, compared to how many people are complaining about them here, but a lot of players don't seem to know how to use him properly instead of unintentionally slowing things down. Same goes for a Slow Nova in low level missions or a Frost who leaves bubbles everywhere, they just don't have that bad rep.

I can understand that, I use my bubbles only on Defense missions and when I use limbo on other then Defense I try not to use my bubble at all as Im not really sure when its the best time to use it. Due to my duration on rescue missions, Guide the drone on the planes or Sortie Defense I use my 1st ability so my team can go off on the enemy not having to worry about the objective dying but sometimes a team mate gets caught in the tag and I feel like i HAVE to apologize to them and let them know they're in the rift. Like you said some players don't know how to use Limbo properly along with Slowva and Frost with the example you give. Since I don't play frost that much (even though I have him) or Nova I can't give tips for them but the best advice I can give for a limbo is get as much duration as possible (you don't have to use my exact build obviously) as with that much duration from the build shown above its good for rescue and defense but It is good to hear that a player like yourself meets a small number of Troll Limbos. I will experiment with limbo from time to time but when I do I usually do it in the Simulacrum to find a new build to help my team or do solo missions. I would also use Limbo for eidolon hunting but I don't have a Riven for my rubico just yet so He has to sit out for now.

• Like 1