Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Content

HatedByLifeItself

Hi,

I have everything in the game, except a lot of useless weapons, i don't need mods to max out because everything is so easy, i always have max standings and i have been playing for 6 months now, mr21--- the 6 mr ranks left are just weapons to craft/k-drives but i don't see any content. I have nothing to do, everything seems useless, eidolons ? all arcanes, fortuna ? everything maxed out, ephemeras? all farmed. What is even left to do in this game ? (weapon leveling and mastery rank are not content )

Edit : i even stopped doing sorties, feels like a waste of time to get either an anasa sculpture, or a riven ( if it is for a good weapons then the stats suck, if it is for a bad weapon, well it will make it better but i prefer using good weapons anyway )

Edited by HatedByLifeItself

Its like hitting the last raid in WoW. "Well, I can permanently farm it but existence means nothing"

So wait for updates.

Wait for updates, do them in a week and go back to other current X game that you haven't ground to a fine dust.

No live service game can pump out content fast enough to keep someone permanently busy, specially someone focused on meta only . You just played a non-pvp centric game for 6 months.

christmas boom GIF by Sainsbury's

Did you enjoy the bullet jumping and the power fantasy at all? Or was it about doing everything at least once?

Edited by Firetempest
  • Like 5

56 minutes ago, HatedByLifeItself said:

Hi,

I have everything in the game, except a lot of useless weapons, i don't need mods to max out because everything is so easy, i always have max standings and i have been playing for 6 months now, mr21--- the 6 mr ranks left are just weapons to craft/k-drives but i don't see any content. I have nothing to do, everything seems useless, eidolons ? all arcanes, fortuna ? everything maxed out, ephemeras? all farmed. What is even left to do in this game ? (weapon leveling and mastery rank are not content )

Edit : i even stopped doing sorties, feels like a waste of time to get either an anasa sculpture, or a riven ( if it is for a good weapons then the stats suck, if it is for a bad weapon, well it will make it better but i prefer using good weapons anyway )

Congrats, you rushed the game and now you have nothing to do.

• Like 10

2 hours ago, Majestic-scrub said:

this is a shallow game, theres no actual goal

Indeed, as opposed to other games, where after I beat the game I'm crowned king of a small island nation of cannibals and become responsible for fathering all their children.

4 hours ago, HatedByLifeItself said:

Hi,

I can't write it without sounding mean and I'm really not trying to be, but could you reference that game, in which you drop over 100 hours a month for 6 months and you still have something to do (no PvP examples).

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Majestic-scrub said:

what is this ? is it sarcasm ? because i dont even get what you used it for ? if you're taking about goal that make sense then play any mmorpg f2p game out there, getting powerful in those games have a meaning and it actually benefcial and fun, but what about warframe ? what do you play it for after you get almost everything out there ?  

because as for right now all we getting is time wall gated content that have no sustained longevity, dark sector was one of those and they killed it.

I have played many MMOs out there, ultimately after you've cleared the content of any of them you're left with the same feeling of "what was the point" that you've described.
What's that meaning and benefit that you're referring to? ALL non-pvp online games are a different type of grind, even worse are those with the hamster wheel, where you know upon obtaining said increase in power, that it will be made irrelevant in 2-3 months time. Is it having a 2nd job what you find meaning in?
Also I'm playing Warframe, because I find it fun, if you don't you should probably find something that entertains you.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Majestic-scrub said:

nope you miss the whole point, in Warframe theres no goal in term what are you suppose to do in the end, theres no end game at all, theres no balance and theres no meaning in getting more powerful because you can get there very quickly and more than you ever you will need for any content this game have to offer with make becoming a god pointless.

I get your point, but what is end game? A grind that you do in order to increase the power of your character *raises eyebrow*. I guess you need it pointed out.
Also there is meaning in getting stronger, you can leach off someone powerful, but just because you can survive getting carried, which in essence is how most people have "beaten everything", doesn't mean you're good yourself.
You may find no meaning, but I find enjoyment knowing I can solo w/e comes my way and reaching that power is my end game. I prefer being given the choice, rather than be shown the only way.

49 minutes ago, Majestic-scrub said:

and grind make you play it as its your second job, and that grind is so shallow too, i mean what the hell you do you accomplish once you get all the hammer parts from wolf of saturn after you farmed the hell out of him for weeks to no end ? nothing at all you just wasted your time and the devs made it that way, they know that very well so thats why we keep getting time gate content that is rushed and we are the alpha tester for it and even then our feedback get down the crapper.

I didn't know the hammer could be farmed.
Anyway, here's what I do:
Do some missions that I want, maybe get what I want, maybe something else
Plan or construct a build, some fashion frame
Loiter a bit in some hub or the dojo, maybe do some trading if I feel like it and then go

Here's what I don't do:
Do dailies for repair money
Farm mats for potions
Spend 20 min waiting in front of a door for someone to tell me to get in
Spend 3-5 hours following orders given by a random stranger on the internet, depending on the competence of others
Spend most of the time watching % bars with various stats, rather then actually play
To just maybe get an item that I want and just maybe get it instead of the 4 other people that want it

Now you go ahead and tell me which one feels like a job.

Oh, and what have I accomplished, for the second example, which could be seen as a period lasting a work day, how have I not wasted my time? Have I started S#&$ting gold?
Maybe got one item of 0 value, not only because it's irrelevant outside of the game, but even in the game itself it has a "shelf life".
You can be entitled to your opinion all you want, but there are games out there, not even in the looter genre, that require so much time investment, have so much worse RNG, demean every effort you put in, for some excuse of rehashing the same content disguised as the "end game" you so praise and feel like a job, that I can't take your sad whine for anything more than it is.

Or maybe you can give specific examples of what are those games that you find so fulfilling? Because I can immediately name a few games that are in the soul crushing grind/ 2nd job department: BDO, WOW, TOR, ESO, EVE, FFXIV.

DE may not be perfect, but at least I'm not expecting them to release a recolor of the eidolons with more damage and arcane drops that have +1% to their stats.

Edited by Ver1dian

6 hours ago, HatedByLifeItself said:

Hi,

Time for you to go play another game then, by the sound of it. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Majestic-scrub said:

Stuff...

You complain... A lot! Why are you here?

There are many games out there I don't enjoy, I just don't play them. I certainly don't waste my time lambasting the games in question on their forums.

I get the feeling you like the sound of your own voice. I'm beginning to find it very grating, and therefore...

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, Majestic-scrub said:

end game, a content where my fully modded powercreeped great can be put to test for meaningful rewards and challenging experience, also clans fights and leaderboard and all its drama is big part of it, this game have almost non.

So your definition of a meaningful reward is just the next upgrade to your character's set, which you know will also be upgraded by the time you get it all?
Infinite power creep for the sake of the hamster wheel. I get it, did that for almost 10 years in WoW, finally a bell rung that I was being taken for a ride.
As for the rest I have my Spanish soap opera for that.

21 minutes ago, Majestic-scrub said:

heres a link to understand how end game is used in most mmo games https://wowwiki.fandom.com/wiki/End-game

this game lacks a lot on this regard and each content they keep releasing have only 1 week at best longevity or its just a god damn skins.

the only thing that we can consider an ''end game'' in warframe is barbie dress up and region chat sht posting drama, also trading mafia plat hording wall street crap.

I know how end game works. What you can't fathom is how can anything function when you're not being held by the hand.

WoW's raids are nothing other than a gear check and a time sink, done my fair share of them. In fact if they didn't have a hard CD that 1 week longevity you speak of would be gone in a day.

I can see we've established that warframe isn't in the 2nd job department since you couldn't manage to make up another baseless statement, now we have to get you to realize that end game can be something other than "lots of people in a big dungeon".

Would you have considered Eidolons end game if they had a 1 week CD and required 10 people?
BTW, by the definitions in the link you've sent, fluffs are considered end game by every means.

Edited by Ver1dian
  • Like 4

So, in a nutshell, you watched at least 10 videos by mainstream Meta-slave youtubers, did every little thing they said, and now you ended up rushing the game as quickly as possible by sticking to the Meta, and only the Meta.

Congratulations, you've played yourself.

Edited by o0Despair0o
typo
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, Ver1dian said:

I can't write it without sounding mean and I'm really not trying to be, but could you reference that game, in which you drop over 100 hours a month for 6 months and you still have something to do (no PvP examples).

From my personal experience a ton of single player games depending on your taste, Devil May Cry, Bayonetta, Dark Souls, Dragon's Dogma, some people would even say Pokemon mainline series, etc.

1 hour ago, FlusteredFerret said:

Time for you to go play another game then, by the sound of it. 

This is always a bad argument which basically assumes the person has been playing only one game and that's why they got bored, unless you live under the same roof I doubt you can really assume OP's complaints come from the fact that he is been playing just Warframe and nothing else.

8 minutes ago, VanFanel1980mx said:

From my personal experience a ton of single player games depending on your taste, Devil May Cry, Bayonetta, Dark Souls, Dragon's Dogma, some people would even say Pokemon mainline series, etc.

But those are all single player games, released as finished titles. I'm also guessing you can't trade stuff online to speed up progress. So hardly a fair comparison.

2 minutes ago, VanFanel1980mx said:

This is always a bad argument which basically assumes the person has been playing only one game and that's why they got bored, unless you live under the same roof I doubt you can really assume OP's complaints come from the fact that he is been playing just Warframe and nothing else.

Its not a bad argument at all.

If someone has burned through a game in 6 months, its pretty fair to assume they have been speed-grinding their way through it (or as has been suggested, just watching prominent YouTubers and just doing the "meta" stuff). If they have, in fact, been playing other games during this time, then they have far too much free time on their hands and basically need to get a life.

You don't need to live with a person to know that.

Also, for all we know he might not have done "everything". Just the parts he is interested in. 

Furthermore, it is a well-known "issue" that it takes DE a long time to create new content. So anyone who persists in chewing through stuff as fast as they can, has only themselves to blame if they finish it all and are now bored with the game.

The devs will deliver new content as fast as they can. Whining on the forum about content drought isn't going to make it come any quicker.

2 minutes ago, FlusteredFerret said:

But those are all single player games, released as finished titles. I'm also guessing you can't trade stuff online to speed up progress. So hardly a fair comparison.

You said no PvP or online multiplayer games, on the other hand the "chewing fast and getting bored" means the game has no replay value.

Edited by VanFanel1980mx
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, VanFanel1980mx said:

You said no PvP or online multiplayer games, on the other hand the "chewing fast and getting bored" means the game has no replay value.

Then you said Dark Souls. Most of the lasting content for that game relies on the excellent PVP invasions.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, VanFanel1980mx said:

Minus one then, but it also has good replayability if you decide to do it offline.

Until you complete it on NG ++++++++++  lol, you know what I mean 😞  If only the enemies were different instead of just adding a few phantoms

Just now, Majestic-scrub said:

comparing warframe to dark souls is blasphemy, even the coop expect is way way better than the warframe one and it has depth to it.

Warframe just is not up to the task when it comes to replayability, its a castle built on the ruins of another messy castle and so on, it has no healthy bones and they're decaying even more right now.

Is not exactly a comparison, someone tried to discredit an argument by asking how many games you can play for hours and not get bored that aren't PvP or multiplayer focused, etc., when I mentioned some they apparently don't count since those are finished games but that's the thing, those games are not getting updates and people still go back and play them for hours, the only reason you spend lots of time in Warframe is because it has time gates to pad it.

1 minute ago, Majestic-scrub said:

we dont even get to see that crap without depriving ourselves from toilets and whatever the hell else, and DE know exactly why.

You can get a taste of those in the last level of a sortie, I know they can get worse in endless mode but if sortie is anything to go by I can't even imagine anyone trying to face worse bullet sponges, more so when you consider it means only a handful of frames will be able to do anything without dying to a sneeze.