Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why does ability power scale to terribly?

supernils

1 hour ago, Cephalycion said:

" I can't think of a frame that can't be modded so that their abilities are useful against sortie-level enemies."
So I'm right.

Right idea, wrong frame.

...Poor Vauban, he's just a weapon pack mule with Bastille at this point.

2 hours ago, Cephalycion said:

" I can't think of a frame that can't be modded so that their abilities are useful against sortie-level enemies."
So I'm right.

Damage with ember is still just fine until sortie 3, and even then, the Firequake augment is still pretty useful for crowd control, even if the damage peters out or other frames do it better.

Doesn't maim's passive damage do about as much if not more than World on Fire? (150 slash vs 400 fire, but the slash comes with a proc and has no enemy cap. So "No but also Yes")  Y'know, in addition to being a giant ****off slash damage pulse at the end?

That seems fine.

On 2019-04-16 at 1:34 AM, supernils said:

like say Garas 1

1 abilities aren't meant to be good on their own. They're meant to stun targets while you finish reloading or provide some other bonus with an actually GOOD ability. Case in point, Gara's 1 destroys her 4 -- and if she does this, she gets a buff to her 2. This buff scales indefinitely

The game's balancing is defintiely garbage and always has been. Between weapon modding, warframe abilities giving damage multipliers, damage multipliers being multiplied by frame modding, and muplitied damage multipliers being multiplied by buffs from other frames, the range of damage a player can be outputting is absolutely massive. This has been a problem for pretty much the life of the entire game. It's a cancer that damages the design of pretty much everything. 

The reason warframe abilities scale so much worse than weapons is because their damage, generally, can be multiplied fewer times than weapons. It isn't really a problem that can be fixed without introducing even more nonsense than what the current system has.

Edited by Forblaze

On 2019-04-18 at 8:42 AM, Cephalycion said:

So I'm right.

Not really because you can mod her to be very effective at sortie levels against all 4 factions. She just happened to become more of a weapon based frame and less of a WoF-bot (which was already weaker than current WoF at sortie levels). She still rocks solid buffs and damage at higher levels when played correctly. What she lost was low level facerolling.