Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightwave Changes: Wolf Spawns & Feedback

Marcooose

It's been an interesting change; I've only seen him twice (rank 30+4 NW), both since the increase, throughout the entire event. Reading on some of the chances of hammer drops, I'm not going to attempt to farm it. That said, I do prefer to spend my game time on the open worlds.

I hear the player objections about the "bullet sponge" nature about this guy as that was my first experience with it. After a little reading, and a little kitgun investment, I now have a secondary that will drop him dead in under a couple of minutes. You could learn his vulnerability by scans, but since I've not got enough scans to learn those yet, I went the spoiler route.

Yeah, I know, cheap move - I prefer to be able to drop him when he does show up in a reasonable timeframe. The mission was 30 minutes long the first time. 😁

For the players like myself that are actively farming the Wolf just for that 2% chance (I’m not even sure if it’s increased with episode 5, this is from his episode 4 drop table) for the Saturn Six Mask - it’s excruciating.

I’d appreciate it if half the runs I do in luring the Wolf out, or finding the places he can spawn frequently, would not result in him dropping Eleventh Storm 90% of the time. It’s almost insulting how many times he’s dropped that stance mod on me when I’m doing 80%+ of the damage dealt to him.

Woo!

Now instead of a below-4-percent chance of finding the Wolf, and then killing him for my molten strike, I now have a 6 PERCENT chance for that sweet molten strike mod!

- No one ever.

Seen this guy only 4 times throughout, started the series day 1 of it. Absolutely terrible idea to have a cosmetic locked behind his RNG loot table, and even worse idea to have his parts be diluted with absolute crap mods.

Great way to make players buy platinum though.

22 minutes ago, JotunFrost said:

Maybe I'm stupid, but does the current end date mean, that I still will be able to get to lvl 30 if I'm currently at lvl 20?

It depends. There are 2 more (full) weeks giving 86k of standing. For 10 ranks you need 100k standing so if you still have challenges to do for this week worth 14k then definitely yes. If not, then it furthermore depends on how DE will handle the last week up to the 15th. If they allow up to get the full 39k (43k for a full week minus 4 dailies) or at least the 14k you still need, then you can still get it too. You could earn 125k standing so you're only allowed to skip challenges worth 25k standing. With some more luck DE might even extend it some more as the 15th is only the earliest date this season will end.

8 hours ago, SordidDreams said:

So when one of the team members said during a dev stream that toward the end of the Nightwave he'd be showing up so often that we'd be sick of seeing him, that was, like, totally not true?

I can't speak for everyone, but I will say that I'm really sick of him.

Every time on Hydron I hear that roar and see that thumbnail of him, my first thought is "FFS - Not this retarded BS again".

Unless someone REALLY needs to fight that giant dumb sponge and his squad of flaming trolls, I then proceed to hit esc and select Abort Mission. I have way better and more rewarding and enjoyable things to do with my time in Warframe than deal with that.

There's something terribly wrong with the wolf scaling and I can't quite put it. But I was doing hydron as usual and he pops up. He's level 70 and my teammates and I can't do anything to him. I got a fully forma'd arca plasmor with primed mods built for straight radiation. My teammates start getting wrecked, they drop out of the game and it puts me alone with the wolf (not before a host migration). I'm just about to quit the match too when the wolf charges me and I reacted like anybody would and I shot him reactively. Well what do you know, that shot actually dealt a good amount of damage on his health bar. I noticed that he's no longer level 70 but 60 so I thought maybe I can solo him and I did, in less than 2 mins. Now my teammates, actually got my cat killed (or to be more precise the host did) because my cat went down when the host migration happened so I basically fought the wolf with full armor...

So I don't know what's going on with the HP scaling of the wolf, but I've had stronger weapons than my arca plasmor that do a considerably more amount of damage (at least 3x), I've stripped that level 70's wolf armor too and the difference in amounts of effort between the wolf at level 60 I just fought and the level 70 wolfs I usually fight.... is freaking gigantic. So I don't know if you got scaling screwed up for 60 and upwards or you are just plain cheating with the scaling and making it EXPONENTIALLY worse when in a full team.

It took me 2 mins to deal with wolf WITH ARMOR and I've seen full squads that take 15 mins to deal with the wolf without any armor that have much better weapons than me. Hell some people even bring larkspur and that's a freaking archgun with a ton of radiation damage.

1 hour ago, (NSW)Bromsson said:

There's something terribly wrong with the wolf scaling and I can't quite put it. But I was doing hydron as usual and he pops up. He's level 70 and my teammates and I can't do anything to him. I got a fully forma'd arca plasmor with primed mods built for straight radiation. My teammates start getting wrecked, they drop out of the game and it puts me alone with the wolf (not before a host migration). I'm just about to quit the match too when the wolf charges me and I reacted like anybody would and I shot him reactively. Well what do you know, that shot actually dealt a good amount of damage on his health bar. I noticed that he's no longer level 70 but 60 so I thought maybe I can solo him and I did, in less than 2 mins. Now my teammates, actually got my cat killed (or to be more precise the host did) because my cat went down when the host migration happened so I basically fought the wolf with full armor...

So I don't know what's going on with the HP scaling of the wolf, but I've had stronger weapons than my arca plasmor that do a considerably more amount of damage (at least 3x), I've stripped that level 70's wolf armor too and the difference in amounts of effort between the wolf at level 60 I just fought and the level 70 wolfs I usually fight.... is freaking gigantic. So I don't know if you got scaling screwed up for 60 and upwards or you are just plain cheating with the scaling and making it EXPONENTIALLY worse when in a full team.

It took me 2 mins to deal with wolf WITH ARMOR and I've seen full squads that take 15 mins to deal with the wolf without any armor that have much better weapons than me. Hell some people even bring larkspur and that's a freaking archgun with a ton of radiation damage.

Oh my god...

DE made invisible "number of players" scaling. No wonder people were able to take him down Solo at level 85 so easily if this is true.

Who actually thought that was a good idea?! Has all the complaints about the Wolf been because DE badly calculated just how much of an increase there would be or something?

On 2019-04-17 at 6:28 AM, Revanx said:

Same question. Curious what the chance was before. Overall the spawns have felt pretty bad even if "farming" for it purposely. I really wish there would be a more direct way to encounter him. Spamming capture missions and waiting until 5 minutes has felt terrible and has still only yielded 2 parts.

I'm Prestige Tier 13 (13 ranks past getting the Wolf of Saturn armor at Tier 30 (so that makes it Tier 43?) with Wolf of Saturn 6 Nightwave thing and have killed wolf only a handful of times (he doesn't spawn much), and the only thing he ever drops are mods i don't need and have plenty of. At this rate it looks like I will be done farming everything in warframe and I don't expect to have anything to do while waiting for the Wolf to spawn, hoping to get his weapon parts for MR exp.

On 2019-04-16 at 10:23 PM, [DE]Marcus said:

Hi all - some feedback has come in about the Wolf of Saturn Six as a miniboss. The Wolf of Saturn Six is the one that does the hunting. So when you're hunting for him... he doesn't always appear.… We’re getting the Wolf out to howl more as we head into the later weeks of Nightwave Series I. 

The Wolf's spawn rate will be increased across all four platforms to 4%, and for missions that are level 20+ it will be increased to 6%. One of the major exceptions is that he doesn't spawn in Open Worlds, so keep that in mind. Note that the end of Nightwave Series I does not mean the end of the Wolf of Saturn Six appearances - he'll still be around! 

We also have much-requested clarity for everyone: The earliest date we will end Nightwave Series I is May 15th

Cheers and happy hunting.. and remember... this isn't over yet and it is the Wolf who hunts you...!

EDIT: These changes are live as of posting! New spawn rates are already implemented across all four platforms

I've been farming kuva floods and t4 fissures wasting few play time hours and crafting MR fodders I'll never use again. The only thing I ended up farming was assasins and syndicate hits. Your spawn system is BROKEN, it is as simple as that.

On 2019-04-23 at 2:14 PM, TheFBD said:

You probably go into missions fully geared as i did for a while because i had nothing to level up. I noticed that with a maxed frame and weapons he basically never shows up. Take an unranked warframe with a low/unranked weapon into any mission and it's more than likely he will be there. Just my opinion but by now i doubt it's a coincidence anymore.

I also thought that was the case since it appears in hydron the most that's what I assumed but ended up leveling 2 warframes and about 6 weapons in hydron without a single spawn. Been farming the living hell out of kuva floods since they are the highest level missions I know again no spawn yet. Before this event though assasin and syndicate hits were the rare thing. Wolf gets overwritten by those all the time.

If low rank items actually has any effect I guess a premade group of unmarked, underequipped people who has no syndicate affiliation in an overleveled mission might work(?) but I don't know if such a group exists.

Too late, for me at least. Nightwave has ground me into an unmotivated empty husk and I am not playing Warframe for a while. Got level 30 and dont want to play. So the Wolf's drops will wont ever drop for me, he wasnt very generous when he DID occasionally spawn (and brought his invincible flame grenade buddies and his HP bar that can only be dealt with by highend gear, not the leveling items you take to casual tier 2 capture missions).

But hey as soon as Borderlands 3 is coming out (on Steam), it will no longer matter which items I successfully ground out, and which I skipped. So no harm done, I guess.

On 2019-04-17 at 5:23 AM, [DE]Marcus said:

The Wolf's spawn rate will be increased across all four platforms to 4%, and for missions that are level 20+ it will be increased to 6%.

"increased" This is explains the constant comments made by players that the WOLF has a pathetically low spawn rate.

Just one of the many things that DE got wrong with the introduction of nightwaves.

Have fun and may RNG be forever in your favor.

I am seriously tired of this god damn Wolf at Hydron. Want to farm him? Go there. He spawns every few missions and it is not that he is annoying, but players, who leave on the spot leaving him alone for me to kill with 100% HP. Because you know - host bullS#&$ - host leaves - everything resets including enemy HP, the host leaves - you lose buffs and so on. This is the third time in a few hours he spawned. And every single time those 3 immortal nonsensical immortal demi-gods keep melting cryopod and I have to go back and slam them away and come back for the wolf. This is seriously annoying. Do I seriously have to keep bringing weapons just for him when he spawns so much? this is ridiculous.

1 minute ago, InvictaVultis said:

I am seriously tired of this god damn Wolf at Hydron. Want to farm him? Go there. He spawns every few missions and it is not that he is annoying, but players, who leave on the spot leaving him alone for me to kill with 100% HP. Because you know - host bullS#&$ - host leaves - everything resets including enemy HP, the host leaves - you lose buffs and so on. This is the third time in a few hours he spawned. And every single time those 3 immortal nonsensical immortal demi-gods keep melting cryopod and I have to go back and slam them away and come back for the wolf. This is seriously annoying. Do I seriously have to keep bringing weapons just for him when he spawns so much? this is ridiculous.

You should take me there as a decoy. Without fail, whenever Wolf appears he and his dogs chase me round the map ad infinitum, ignoring the mission objectives and any other player. Not sure how he prioritises targets, but it's ALWAYS me lol.

1 minute ago, AndyBeans said:

You should take me there as a decoy. Without fail, whenever Wolf appears he and his dogs chase me round the map ad infinitum, ignoring the mission objectives and any other player. Not sure how he prioritises targets, but it's ALWAYS me lol.

Thing is i want to kill him. I need blueprint. But it is hard when everyone just runs away screaming and pissing themselves. Such laziness. Farming while standing and slight challenge and  "oh noes", too hard.

1 minute ago, InvictaVultis said:

Thing is i want to kill him. I need blueprint. But it is hard when everyone just runs away screaming and pissing themselves. Such laziness. Farming while standing and slight challenge and  "oh noes", too hard.

You'd have to, Defence doesn't end until everyone is dead, including Wolf and dogs. I keep moving and trying to find high spots to obstruct his charges, whilst not going too far so my squad don't have to chase him too much. At least it allows them to have a clear shot on him. I have the head BP and a stance mod I already own, I'm not really that fussed about what he drops.

Been seeing wolf a bit more frequently as I've been doing hydron for levelling... I would really love for him to turn up more frequently when I've got my 'good gear'.  I don't like the fact he needs us to carry a specific loadout to fight him effectively, no other 'assassin' needs this approach, and it compromises our builds for the factions we're actually fighting.  Archguns should also do far more damage to him than normal weapons, they're meant for a big ass orb mother but just tickle the wolf....

Using Titania helps when levelling but he's a serious bullet sponge at level 70 (sure it was capped lower than that...) and because we're all levelling it takes far longer than it should.     While I've been lucky in that none of the team I'm with have quit, and none have taken 30mins like some have had, the time it's taking to just 'shoot at him' is a bit excessive.   He's not even that 'threatening' to fight, he's a bit annoying with the way he moves around the map so often (lockdown has hardly any duration on him, please don't nerf this against the next one), but his napalm buddies are far more of an issue when it comes to being downed.

My main issue now, well it has been from the start, is the drop rates on wolf sledge parts.   I've been quite lucky with him dropping parts but I'm now sitting on 3 heads, 3 handles and 1 motor, I've even got the operator mask (which I don't even care about) but I can't build the wolf sledge because I haven't got the blueprint and it has a stupidly low drop rate like hte motor.  I wouldn't mind so much but we've been fighting the wolf for '10 weeks'...

I've said it before in other situations, I absolutely HATE stupidly low drop rates on items, it's not making us want to do things more it just annoys us, and there is no way I'm going to pay 100+ plat for it.   Make the bp creds or a low level tier reward during nightwave instead.

On 2019-04-16 at 3:23 PM, [DE]Marcus said:

Hi all - some feedback has come in about the Wolf of Saturn Six as a miniboss. The Wolf of Saturn Six is the one that does the hunting. So when you're hunting for him... he doesn't always appear.… We’re getting the Wolf out to howl more as we head into the later weeks of Nightwave Series I. 

The Wolf's spawn rate will be increased across all four platforms to 4%, and for missions that are level 20+ it will be increased to 6%. One of the major exceptions is that he doesn't spawn in Open Worlds, so keep that in mind. Note that the end of Nightwave Series I does not mean the end of the Wolf of Saturn Six appearances - he'll still be around! 

We also have much-requested clarity for everyone: The earliest date we will end Nightwave Series I is May 15th

Cheers and happy hunting.. and remember... this isn't over yet and it is the Wolf who hunts you...!

EDIT: These changes are live as of posting! New spawn rates are already implemented across all four platforms

Regarding to the Season 1 end date to be at earliest on May 15th, I was looking the information from the world state endpoint and the end date for the season 1 is on May 6th:

"SeasonInfo": {
        "Activation": {
            "$date": {
                "$numberLong": "1551052800000" // GMT: Monday, February 25, 2019 12:00:00 AM
            }
        },
        "Expiry": {
            "$date": {
                "$numberLong": "1557100800000" // GMT: Monday, May 6, 2019 12:00:00 AM
            }
        }

Will that value change during this week to expire on May 15th or officially this week is the last one for Season 1? Today I will reach the reward 29th, so probably I won't make it for the 30th =/ 

Question moved to main Nighwave Thread. Please delete.

On 2019-04-24 at 4:21 PM, killerKronos23 said:

fought the wolf 10 times only dropped a sledge part once.... the motor

Heh, first thing Wolf did in my world is appear in Hydron back during the first week, and die more or less immediately, dropping the Motor. Every subsequent appearance he's been an insane bullet-sponge, and dropped Molten Impact or other mod filler.

I have seen him maybe a dozen times. 3 heads, one 11th storm, the rest some generic status mods I have literally dozens of already.

A status mod is a little underwhelming for having to keep a squad of 4 random players alive on Akkad/Hydron for 20 minutes of mandatory "overtime". Also being required to keep a very specific loadout on all the times also makes it a real pain in the arse.

Honestly, DE... What were you thinking?

Way to kill all the fun in the game and turn it into a chore.

On 2019-04-16 at 10:23 PM, [DE]Marcus said:

Interesting, it feels to me as spawn rate is 96%. Wolf comes to annoy me after every non-wolf mission, regardless what mission it is or am i solo or with others.  Most terrible annoyance have been at Derelict survival with Ivara - solo. Have been even thinking of leaving Warframe. I think there is a little confusion between Zanuka and Wolf spawn rate. Have met Zanuka only when once Baro had Zanuka Hunter Beacon.

51 minutes ago, EstiMoondust said:

Interesting, it feels to me as spawn rate is 96%. Wolf comes to annoy me after every non-wolf mission, regardless what mission it is or am i solo or with others.  Most terrible annoyance have been at Derelict survival with Ivara - solo. Have been even thinking of leaving Warframe. I think there is a little confusion between Zanuka and Wolf spawn rate. Have met Zanuka only when once Baro had Zanuka Hunter Beacon.

My thoughts exactly. He's pretty much unkillable unless you have a very specific end game loadout so noobs like me are left out in the cold. Add in his spawn rate being too high and crowding out far more interesting stalkers with much better loot (i.e. literally every other stalker in the game) and you've got a recipe for driving away players. It'd be nice if there was a good way to avoid him at least but no, he can always spawn outside of weird specialty missions like Free Roam and Assassination. He doesn't even have the good sense to leave after stomping everyone flat like he's supposed to because DE programming. If he's seriously going to keep spawning after Nightwave is over and his mechanics aren't going to change (or at least offer some sort of "opt out") then I'm seriously thinking about leaving as well.

Archived