Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightwave Changes: Wolf Spawns & Feedback

Marcooose

33 minutes ago, [DE]Marcus said:

The Wolf's spawn rate will be increased across all four platforms to 4%, and for missions that are level 20+ it will be increased to 6%.

When will the increase occur. Still poorly done regardless...please don't do future NW bosses this way.

34 minutes ago, [DE]Marcus said:

Note that the end of Nightwave Series I does not mean the end of the Wolf of Saturn Six appearances - he'll still be around! 

Around how? As an assassin with a super low chance to appear...or as a node boss that can actually be farmed for his hammer.

35 minutes ago, [DE]Marcus said:

this isn't over yet and it is the Wolf who hunts you.

Yeah, no...I have to run missions I wouldn't normally for a chance of encountering him, if the Wolf is the hunter he's not very good at it.

36 minutes ago, [DE]Marcus said:

The Wolf of Saturn Six is the one that does the hunting.

It is wrong, because warframe is not a hardcore/survival/horror game. It is more about massive slaughter and picking up stuff that dropped from slaughtered things. Players have to get the sledge from the wolf, or they will be missing 3k mastery. DE should try to look at the game from the players side from time to time.

48 minutes ago, [DE]Marcus said:

The Wolf's spawn rate will be increased across all four platforms to 4%, and for missions that are level 20+ it will be increased to 6%.

When you say the spawn rate will be increased, would you have a date when this change will occur, assuming it isn't already?

Considering I'm hitting r30 this week, you guys might wanna do away with a pure RNG spawn chance for him. I've not seen him once this entire time, and I'm fully expecting to hit r30 before I've seen him even once.

Good change, but could you consider making his spawn % chance scale with Nightwave level? It would keep him away from MR3s on Earth while making him appear more often for those of us at rank 30 who don't have much more to do in the Nightwave but sit and wait for spawns

47 minutes ago, [DE]Marcus said:

Could we please get some clarification on how assassin spawns work in general? It feels really unclear how this "roll" is made when there's also the Stalker, G3/Zanuka, Syndicates, and then squad member conditions to account for.

Are you saying there is an overall 4%/6% chance for The Wolf to spawn or are you saying that out of the x% chance of any assassin spawn, The Wolf has a 4/6% chance to spawn? What is the x% for general assassin spawns? It's not possible for multiple assassins to spawn in the same mission, right?

There's a very distinct lack of information and anyone who could pull that data would be ill-advised to share it because these calculations are made server side iirc and that very much steps out of the gray area data mining on client side files is at.

2 minutes ago, TGDM said:

Could we please get some clarification on how assassin spawns work in general? It feels really unclear how this "roll" is made when there's also the Stalker, G3/Zanuka, Syndicates, and then squad member conditions to account for.

Are you saying there is an overall 4%/6% chance for The Wolf to spawn or are you saying that out of the x% chance of any assassin spawn, The Wolf has a 4/6% chance to spawn? What is the x% for general assassin spawns? It's not possible for multiple assassins to spawn in the same mission, right?

There's a very distinct lack of information and anyone who could pull that data would be ill-advised to share it because these calculations are made server side iirc and that very much steps out of the gray area data mining on client side files is at.

Asking the real questions, GG

I would love to know the answer to this.

I just hope the wolf ends up his own boss and not a random spawn like he is now because it's kinda annoying having to carry around a weapon specifically to deal with the maybe chance that the wolf might possibly show up perhaps. 

So far the one encounter I've had with him was with friends (one very low level/MR) where in which we where just running missions for funzies and there was literally nothing we could do but just roll over and die at which point fun ruined and everyone was pretty much done with Warframe for the day.

21 minutes ago, Zavenosk said:

I've reached Nightwave rank 30 and haven't encountered the wolf once.  I'm glad you're raising his appearance rates, hope to be able to obtain his unique items before he is gone.

Ditto. 

#nowolfclub

2 minutes ago, MemeCataclysm said:

The Wolf makes me play using low level gear many times less than I used to. You'll never know when the wolf will show up and utterly squash you.

This is my problem with him currently - you have to treat every eligible mission as if it's going to be a Wolf fight.  Because every time I'd encountered him while leveling weapons/frames the fight took 20-30 minutes and a crapton of ammo restorers.

He's not a fun fight if you don't have the right gear with you, and I don't understand the reasoning behind this design - a randomly spawning boss that requires specific gear to kill efficiently? Normally even when I disagree with something DE has done I at least understand their reasoning. This boss design has left me baffled.

Back to the main topic... I think what other people have said is worth looking in to. Make him more like the acolyte spawns or the kuva missions. That way people who want him can hunt for him and people who really don't want to be bothered right now have a way of opting out.

22 minutes ago, Voltage said:

Thank you for being transparent about this. I just have one question: What was the chance before?

Same question. Curious what the chance was before. Overall the spawns have felt pretty bad even if "farming" for it purposely. I really wish there would be a more direct way to encounter him. Spamming capture missions and waiting until 5 minutes has felt terrible and has still only yielded 2 parts.

Archived