Nintendo Switch & Console Tennogen: Bug and Resolution.

[DE]Rebecca

Nintendo Switch Tenno -

We have an Update on a bug we found regarding some TennoGen Cosmetics. History is important before we get into the bug - so bear with us!
TennoGen is a PC program that, 1 year after launch, we came up with a way to license to our Console Players. Each individual item is bought out with each artist so that we can sell it to our Console Players. We do this to be fair to our creators - and if we ever sold something without licensing it, it'd be below our fairness standards and that's not the type of company we want to be.

A loophole bug was allowing Nintendo Switch players to buy TennoGen that had been licensed to Playstation and Xbox, but not yet the Nintendo Switch (the given items bought out well before Nintendo Switch was announced). We have fixed this bug and will be rolling back the sales and refunding Platinum spent sometime this week or next. There were anywhere from a few to a few dozen or so per item, so the issue is not very widespread.

We will also be licensing out as much as possible to properly restore the items with fair compensation to our creators.

Apologies for the confusion here!

• Like 9

Wow. Y'all better license this fast since this move has caused me to lose a lot of respect for you guys. I love this game and the fashionframe aspect so much, but if this was a bug it should not have been left up this long or you should have said something sooner. I was excited for this update but at this point, I think it's a good time to take a break from the game. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

A loophole bug was allowing Nintendo Switch players to buy TennoGen that had been licensed to Playstation and Xbox, but not yet the Nintendo Switch

this does not sound like a loophole or a bug. this sounds like you sold artwork you did not have the rights to sell. that would be "theft"...i would like to know why this isn't theft and what makes it a "bug"

• Like 1

This is kind of really disappointing. Do you know how bad this looks and how upset this is making people? Our favorite skins and Syandanas are being taken from us after we’ve basically been teased with them. My favorite frame was looking literally perfect, and now my Mag is gonna be back to basics. I have never been so upset about anything in this game. I don’t want the platinum back. License the products, fast. Don’t take them away, please.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, (NSW)MadamFang said:

This is kind of really disappointing. Do you know how bad this looks and how upset this is making people? Our favorite skins and Syandanas are being taken from us after we’ve basically been teased with them. My favorite frame was looking literally perfect, and now my Mag is gonna be back to basics. I have never been so upset about anything in this game. I don’t want the platinum back. License the products, fast. Don’t take them away, please.

Yeah, no offense to DE artists, but I can't think of a single instance where I'd rather use the base skin over Tennogen. I'd rather have the skins then my refunded platinum.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, (NSW)MadamFang said:

Unfortunately I agree with this. This is downright ridiculous and a huge slap In the face. Iv literally spent £100+ exclusively on Tennogen. I don’t want my plat refunded, I want to keep my Tennogen items. If this wasn’t intended you should of let people know way before this.

Rather than my platinum being refunded I’d prefer my actual money to be refunded as there’s nothing else in the game I’d want to spend all that plat on. If that isn’t possible I’m afraid you’ve lost a loyal player, don’t want to sound dramatic but this really is unacceptable, you should of communicated that it wasn’t intended weeks ago.

• Like 3

I love that the switch version is just an after thought. We were left with a color bug for months, crashes in cetus which were fixed just in time to crash in fortuna, to mirage sim bug, to this "bug", and darvo deals just NOW being put into the game as well as ghoul event. Switch version deserves some love and attention. Start giving it. 

Thanks for the excitement over so many great tennogen to get it taken away. Even if it's released again later the hype is tainted. 

• Like 1

Thanks for fixing this bug, DE. I bought quite a bit of tennogen on my Switch, assuming it was all licensed, and although I'll miss the fashion that I'll be losing, it's more important that the original artists get their fair share and that everything is done above board.

• Like 2

I've got to say, I'm disappointed. The TennoGen items have been up for a long time, everyone has grown accustomed to them, removing them now is completely unfair to your Switch player base. Creators absolutely deserve their fair share, and DE should ensure that they get it, but I won't be spending a cent on Warframe until this is rectified and all cosmetics reinstated.

Hell, half of Warframes endgame is fashion - now all TennoGen Syandanas have been removed from the game... Are you for real, DE? You're taking away a major motivation to play.

I never would have started playing on the Switch if I knew most of the cosmetics wouldn't be available. Many people will be burned by this.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, (NSW)Rhymie said:

I love that the switch version is just an after thought. We were left with a color bug for months, crashes in cetus which were fixed just in time to crash in fortuna, to mirage sim bug, to this "bug", and darvo deals just NOW being put into the game as well as ghoul event. Switch version deserves some love and attention. Start giving it. 

Thanks for the excitement over so many great tennogen to get it taken away. Even if it's released again later the hype is tainted. 

Cool your jets and get off your high horse. The switch version is being ported by a Third Party and it’s amazing they even got it to work on the Switch in the first place. Also are you under the misimpression that the PC version isn’t chock full of bugs or that PC version isn’t the testing platform for the consoles. Don’t overreact or lump together unrelated things. 

I agree that the current Tennogen issue is not a great look for DE and the explanation is less candid than it should be. 

Edited by KosmicKerman
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, KosmicKerman said:

Cool your jets and get off your high horse. The switch version is being ported by a Third Party and it’s amazing they even got it to work on the Switch in the first place. Also are you under the misimpression that the PC version isn’t chock full of bugs or that PC version isn’t the testing platform for the consoles. Don’t overreact or lump together unrelated things. 

I agree that the current Tennogen issue is not a great look for DE and the explanation is less candid than it should be. 

I am not on a high horse. I'm stating facts about my experience and the experience of all my friends since playing this. If you had a different experience I'm happy for you. I love warframe (I'm nearly mr22 on a fresh switch account if that isn't proof). And I want to see it thrive. It will not if this kind of stuff continues. Once people see their tennogen skins disappear it'll only get worse. We need some kind of announcement placed inside the ship just like the one we got for the patch today. People need to be in the least informed of why their stuff will be gone. Anyhow I didn't come here to argue with the players. So please enjoy your day.

• Like 1

DE, I got to keep it real with you..

No offense but this is just absolutely abysmal that you let this happen in the first place. You should have make sure that all the tennogen items were licensed for all platforms first before releasing them at all to any platform this would have prevented this issue from happening. Not a lot of people are happy with you because of this.

I also got to say, I strongly agree with most of the responses in this thread, but there's too many to count now after this post; here's a few for example.

14 hours ago, (NSW)MadamFang said:

14 hours ago, (NSW)Benjive said:

Unfortunately I agree with this. This is downright ridiculous and a huge slap In the face. Iv literally spent £100+ exclusively on Tennogen. I don’t want my plat refunded, I want to keep my Tennogen items. If this wasn’t intended you should of let people know way before this.

Rather than my platinum being refunded I’d prefer my actual money to be refunded as there’s nothing else in the game I’d want to spend all that plat on. If that isn’t possible I’m afraid you’ve lost a loyal player, don’t want to sound dramatic but this really is unacceptable, you should of communicated that it wasn’t intended weeks ago.

15 hours ago, WFramingtonVonRipsalotIV said:

this does not sound like a loophole or a bug. this sounds like you sold artwork you did not have the rights to sell. that would be "theft"...i would like to know why this isn't theft and what makes it a "bug"

13 hours ago, (NSW)PianoPalf said:

I've got to say, I'm disappointed. The TennoGen items have been up for a long time, everyone has grown accustomed to them, removing them now is completely unfair to your Switch player base. Creators absolutely deserve their fair share, and DE should ensure that they get it, but I won't be spending a cent on Warframe until this is rectified and all cosmetics reinstated.

Hell, half of Warframes endgame is fashion - now all TennoGen Syandanas have been removed from the game... Are you for real, DE? You're taking away a major motivation to play.

I never would have started playing on the Switch if I knew most of the cosmetics wouldn't be available. Many people will be burned by this.

15 hours ago, Gingerium said:

Wow. Y'all better license this fast since this move has caused me to lose a lot of respect for you guys. I love this game and the fashionframe aspect so much, but if this was a bug it should not have been left up this long or you should have said something sooner. I was excited for this update but at this point, I think it's a good time to take a break from the game. 

I hate to break it with you but with the amount of damage that has been caused from this "bug" will need to be rectified soon as possible or this will be another potential PR disaster.. To be honest I too have lost some respect for you as well because of this. Yes i am a Xbox tenno but that doesn't mean that i don't have the right to stick up for the nintendo switch tenno. 

Edited by (XB1)falconpwnch0234
  • Like 3

I am really disappointed and sad. The saddest truth is the fact that DE is still not working on licensing for Switch almost at all.

Also, why this thread is hidden in the bug section? Should it be on the announcement or patch notes?

EDIT: I want to leave some constructive feedback. The damage is already done and all you have to do is just clear the license stuff with Tennogen contents as fast as you can.

Edited by (NSW)ForTheGhostsWithin
  • Like 6

WHAT??!!! How can this happen??? I already bought so many TennoGen items and I have them equiped on my frames, operator and gear!!! I even bought plat with real money just so I can buy some of these items!! TennoGen has been on Switch for almost 2 months now and it’s obvious this is NOT a bug and I agree with the other users, this post should be in Switch Announcements and not hidden here in the bugs section, burying it here is a slap in the face and a very disrespectful move. And what TennoGen items are you going to remove??? Can we at least get a list of the items you’re taking away from us?? I purchased so many warframe skins and syandanas and helmets and I also bought operator cosmetics and skins for weapons. I cannot believe this. I’m so very mad right now. 

Edited by (NSW)NeonNebula
spelling
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

We will also be licensing out as much as possible to properly restore the items with fair compensation to our creators.

Can you at least provide us with a list of the affected items and/or an ETA on when those items will be reinstated on the Switch market?