Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nintendo Switch & Console Tennogen: Bug and Resolution.

[DE]Rebecca

I posted this on Twitter as well, but I feel like this information needs to be more widespread. While I for one was aware of Tennogen cosmetics and things from my time spent researching the game, some people don't even know that those items are Tennogen, let alone this issue even taking place.

If DE didn't licensed some tennogen stuff for the NSW, then the only damage control they have for legal reasons is to restrict the access until they get an agreement with the involved artists. 

Maybe they expected their tennogen license covers consoles in general but then the law department discovered "nope, it's just for Xbox and PS4". Or their item-database for the market didn't check the status. This stuff happens. When they've contacted the artists and got their agreement, the missing tennogen stuff finally will be available again. 

However, from a PR perspective DE's damage control is suboptimal - to say at least. I am curious to see the twitch stream today... 

Edited by (NSW)GolemXIV
clarifications

34 minutes ago, chaotea said:

Probably feels like a bigger kick in the face for the people who made it and didnt get any money.

Then suspend further sales in the store and pay them the money owed for sales which have already taken place.  No one here is advocating for the content creators not to get paid what is due to them.

Reversing sales for players who made purchases in good faith and refunding with a digital currency is unethical at best.  No one hacked anything or found an exploit, the items were for sale in the armory along with everything else.  They should have hotfixed this weeks ago if it was an unintended bug or at least made a statement to tell everyone not to make any purchases.

Edited by (NSW)Enso
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, (NSW)Enso said:

Then suspend further sales in the store and pay them the money owed for sales which have already taken place.  No one here is advocating for the content creators not to get paid what is due to them.

Reversing sales for players who made purchases in good faith and refunding with a digital currency is unethical at best.  No one hacked anything or found an exploit, the items were for sale in the armory along with everything else.  They should have hotfixed this weeks ago if it was an unintended bug or at least made a statement to tell everyone not to make any purchases.

Yes ! THIS ! EXACTLY, pay the artists and solve the issue, how is taking away my new stuff the solution... thats just HORRIBLE cs..

Like come on guys... 

45 minutes ago, (NSW)Enso said:

Could not possibly agree more. You said it perfectly. Thank you. 

That's really disappointing....My girlfriend is playing this game exclusively for Tennogen and her favourite Items will be removed from her because you published them by accident ? Why don't you refund the artists ? If you are indeed implementing crossaves at some point and can locate & remove the items from players inventories you can also locate the items and refund the artists.

I don't see the scenario where we keep the items and De refunds the artists happening purely because you can't sell something you don't own and then just cut the real owner a check afterwards like it's all good. I wish that's how this could be solved but it probably won't be.

There's a Nintendo twitch stream at 10am EST today and hopefully we get some kind of more appropriate acknowledgment of the issue and actual time lines and details on remediation. People don't want plat back, they want either the product they bought in good faith, or their actual real life dollars back in their pockets. 

Edited by (NSW)ohgodzilla
  • Like 2

I may be new to warframe, but I'm not new to witnessing illicit practices. I do believe that artists should be compensated fairly if that's the issue. However, labeling it as a loophole bug strikes me as weird, in addition to the fact that this sets a precedent that allows DE to do as they please with their game (which of course they can do) in a manner that negatively affects their community. It wouldn't be as big an issue if it wasn't hidden away in the bug section of the forums. Instead DE should bite the bullet, pay for the licensing/pay the artists and/or compensate the community for having to deal with TennoGen options being ripped from our list of options on the Nintendo Switch. 

A list of TennoGen items I purchased, most of them with plat bought with real money. I'm super bummed that almost all of this will be taken away from me. I'm so upset.

• Mesa Falcon
  • Mesa Graxx
  • Mesa Marlet
  • Mesa Presidio
  • Mag Alata
  • Mag Ferro
  • Mag Induction Helmet
  • Saryn Graxx
  • Saryn Integra
  • Saryn Nita’s Moda
  • Mirage Methra
  • Titania Lympharis
  • Trinity Knightness
  • Zephyr Hagoromo
  • Equinox Divisa
  • Gara Zamariu
  • Ivara Youkai
  • Loki Incubus
  • Loki Kodama
  • Nova Visage
  • Nyx Aurelia
  • Banshee Blade of the Lotus
  • Polearm Phorcys Skin
  • Garasu Operator Mask

Syandanas

• Setka
  • Naru
  • Teplo
  • Repala
  • Arcturus
  • Sildarg
  • Officium
  • Scapulis
  • Covenant
  • Due Volpi
  • Maharliqa
  • Despot Cape
  • Incubus Ribbon
Edited by (NSW)NeonNebula
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, (NSW)NeonNebula said:

A list of TennoGen items I purchased, most of them with plat bought with real money. I'm super bummed that almost all of this will be taken away from me. I'm so upset.

• Mesa Falcon
  • Mesa Graxx
  • Mesa Marlet
  • Mesa Presidio
  • Mag Alata
  • Mag Ferro
  • Mag Induction Helmet
  • Saryn Graxx
  • Saryn Integra
  • Saryn Nita’s Moda
  • Mirage Methra
  • Titania Lympharis
  • Trinity Knightness
  • Zephyr Hagoromo
  • Equinox Divisa
  • Gara Zamariu
  • Ivara Youkai
  • Loki Incubus
  • Loki Kodama
  • Nova Visage
  • Nyx Aurelia
  • Banshee Blade of the Lotus
  • Polearm Phorcys Skin
  • Garasu Operator Mask

Syandanas

• Setka
  • Naru
  • Teplo
  • Repala
  • Arcturus
  • Sildarg
  • Officium
  • Scapulis
  • Covenant
  • Due Volpi
  • Maharliqa
  • Despot Cape
  • Incubus Ribbon

I hope they refund you with real money. Otherwise you’re going to have an excess of plat with nothing to spend it on (now that the vast majority of comestics are gone)! I’m still a little shocked this has happened, to be honest. How hard are some additional licenses to organise? The other platforms have no issues, it feels like we’re not being told the full story

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ahngel said:

do people know how to read?

ONCE licensing is correct they will be enabled.

"We will also be licensing out as much as possible" < this reads as 'we are not promising that all of these items will return'. Also even if all of them do return, there is absolutely no information given as to when. 

3 minutes ago, (NSW)PianoPalf said:

I hope they refund you with real money. Otherwise you’re going to have an excess of plat with nothing to spend it on (now that the vast majority of comestics are gone)! I’m still a little shocked this has happened, to be honest. How hard are some additional licenses to organise? The other platforms have no issues, it feels like we’re not being told the full story

I really just want to be able to keep my TennoGen purchases. I’m sure a lot of us feel the same way 😞 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ahngel said:

do people know how to read?

ONCE licensing is correct they will be enabled.

Warframe for Switch was released 5 months ago, how long does it take to licence cosmetic items that are already available on other platforms? Longer than 5 months?

11 minutes ago, (NSW)ohgodzilla said:

Wow, way to completely disregard this on the stream.... "All is well. All is good" what the hell, no it's not. 

Maybe it's a bit radical but I don't think they'll get how much this is affecting their player base unless we make a big enough stink about it. Have any gaming news cites posted articles regarding this situation yet? I feel like if this happened in any other MMO there'd be an explosion of backlash on the internet right now. 

6 minutes ago, Gingerium said:

Maybe it's a bit radical but I don't think they'll get how much this is affecting their player base unless we make a big enough stink about it. Have any gaming news cites posted articles regarding this situation yet? I feel like if this happened in any other MMO there'd be an explosion of backlash on the internet right now. 

Definitely would be for sure.

15 hours ago, WFramingtonVonRipsalotIV said:

this does not sound like a loophole or a bug. this sounds like you sold artwork you did not have the rights to sell. that would be "theft"...i would like to know why this isn't theft and what makes it a "bug"

It's not theft because DE didn't do it on purpose. And yes, you can always use the argument that "even doing something unknowingly is still doing it," but intent matters. And [DE]Rebecca has made it very clear:

17 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

if we ever sold something without licensing it, it'd be below our fairness standards and that's not the type of company we want to be.

We have fixed this bug and will be rolling back the sales and refunding Platinum spent sometime this week or next.

We will also be licensing out as much as possible to properly restore the items with fair compensation to our creators.

DE is aware of the issue, they have fixed it, and they are actively working to remedy the situation by compensating both the creators of the Tennogen items and those who purchased them. Acting like DE knowingly and willingly committed theft does a great disservice to a company that has taken action to fix a poor situation.

26 minutes ago, (NSW)ohgodzilla said:

Wow, way to completely disregard this on the stream.... "All is well. All is good" what the hell, no it's not. 

They really said that? I wasn't home and missed part of it. So.. its hidden away in the bug section.. not announced to us in announcements where more people will check.. AND they refused to address if for today's stream? Way to tick a lot of people off. This is freaking ridiculous! 

Edited by (NSW)GhoulVixen
Typo fix.